Question in Pattaya Lockdown/Travel Restrictions

Chomper Higgot

I’m currently in the North of Thailand but need to spend the next 6~8 weeks in Pattaya.

Can anyone who is in Pattaya give an overview of the lockdown and travel restrictions as it relates to traveling out of North Pattaya to Sriracha and return?

I will stay in North Pattaya but wish to visit Sriracha a few days a week in the early morning.

Are there travel restrictions in place between North Pattaya and Sriracha?

Is there a curfew in place and if so between what hours?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Chomper Higgot

There is a curfew starting at 9 in the evening until 4 in the morning. Most things are closed. But in Soi Buakhao in front of Tree Town there is the usual party mile with many hookers and farangs. I guess at least until 9.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Are there travel restrictions in place between North Pattaya and Sriracha?

Travelled between Wongamat & Rayong last Wednesday (28th July) then Rayong to Sri Racha the next day & there were no checkpoints going but we did pass one on the other side of Sukv Road... No problems/checkpoints going back to Wongamat from Sri Racha on the Thursday afternoon. 

Will be doing similar trips week after next (for 2nd Vaccine) & not expecting any problems. 

• Thanks 1

Make sure you get permission  from the provinces  you are departing,  and Chonburi.  It may work to only have one QR code for travel, but I am going to Bangkok for my vaccine,  and I have been told by local Chonburi city hall that I need their QR code as well as the Bangkok  filled out on line on the day of travel.  Just cover both province requirements.   What reason will you give to attain permission?   I heard a lady in a northeast province  told her city hall that her boyfriend  is flying out of Thailand,  and that she needed to come to Pattaya to pick up items that he will not be taking.  Boom they gave her permission. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Make sure you get permission  from the provinces  you are departing,  and Chonburi.  It may work to only have one QR code for travel, but I am going to Bangkok for my vaccine,  and I have been told by local Chonburi city hall that I need their QR code as well as the Bangkok  filled out on line on the day of travel.  Just cover both province requirements.   What reason will you give to attain permission?   I heard a lady in a northeast province  told her city hall that her boyfriend  is flying out of Thailand,  and that she needed to come to Pattaya to pick up items that he will not be taking.  Boom they gave her permission. 

This is interesting.

So to go to BKK I need two QR codes.

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This is interesting.

So to go to BKK I need two QR codes.

To be safe, as each province has it's  own protocol.  I to would have thought since I have a confirmation number and a link from the hospital, complete with questionnaire both medical, and for travel into Bangkok,  that I would have everything I need to make my trip successful.   Then, I get a phone call from a seasoned expat, that just to be safe went to Chonburi city hall to ask questions about travel between ,"Dark Red Zones," He was given another link, and informed that he would need to use this link to get a QR code from Chonburi on the day of his travel.  Not only that, but if you are ride sharing, each individual in the vehicle will need their own QR code.  Now the hospital does offer a taxi service that will pick you up for your free shot.  The Taxis I believe are already Vaccinated and have this worked out.  So, once again Its better to have something  and not need it, rather than need and not have, getting  a QR code from each Province on the day of travel, is a safer option than depending on the hospital's system alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

To be safe, as each province has it's  own protocol.  I to would have thought since I have a confirmation number and a link from the hospital, complete with questionnaire both medical, and for travel into Bangkok,  that I would have everything I need to make my trip successful.   Then, I get a phone call from a seasoned expat, that just to be safe went to Chonburi city hall to ask questions about travel between ,"Dark Red Zones," He was given another link, and informed that he would need to use this link to get a QR code from Chonburi on the day of his travel.  Not only that, but if you are ride sharing, each individual in the vehicle will need their own QR code.  Now the hospital does offer a taxi service that will pick you up for your free shot.  The Taxis I believe are already Vaccinated and have this worked out.  So, once again Its better to have something  and not need it, rather than need and not have, getting  a QR code from each Province on the day of travel, is a safer option than depending on the hospital's system alone.

I’ll drive myself there and my wife will drive back (Incase of side effects from the jab).

A vaccinated taxi driver can still be infected, though I’m not sure if they can still be infectious. I’d rather not take the chance of going months of isolating and taking precautions then take a risk on the way to the hospital.

I’ll go with the documents I have, I’m not going anywhere near city hall, I can do without the ‘make-it-up-as-we-go’.

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll drive myself there and my wife will drive back (Incase of side effects from the jab).

A vaccinated taxi driver can still be infected, though I’m not sure if they can still be infectious. I’d rather not take the chance of going months of isolating and taking precautions then take a risk on the way to the hospital.

I’ll go with the documents I have, I’m not going anywhere near city hall, I can do without the ‘make-it-up-as-we-go’.

You don't need to go to city hall.  It's an online application  and approval for day of travel.  Be sure to get the travel pass for your wife.  Good luck to you.  Maybe you will only need the one travel approval.   Hope you don't need them both, since it's really easy and painless to get them both.  Good luck!

• Like 1

On the travel pass / qrcode stuff per province : I drove recently from Hua Hin to Pattaya and zero checkpoints, i saw nothing out of the ordinary. I expected something going out of Prachuap ; Nothing. I expected checks on the tollway from Bangkok to Pattaya : Nothing.

I suspect the government throws out fear and confusion to keep the people at home but is not putting any show of effort to actually prevent you.

As there is no real "lockdown" but only "measures" everything is up for interpretation. 

Edited by WhatsNext
Tipoz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1