Pattaya or Bangkok for living room furniture please?

Scouse123

I am asking here because where I live up in Isaarn it is near impossible to find decent living room furniture in particular leather sofas and chairs, even fabric if decent quality would be great! I have Googled many up here in the North East and quality and choice are simply dreadful, and what I consider poor value for money.I have checked Global, Homepro, index, these are not the quality nor have the choice or range that I want.

I never had this problem living in Pattaya which had an abundance of such stores. Decorum I found got expensive around 2005, I don't know if it still is, but there were plenty others whose name escapes and obviously plenty more which have opened since I left.

Can anybody who has bought a good quality sofa set / three piece suite in Pattaya or Bangkok at what they consider value for money and good workmanship, let me know here preferably with a link.

I really would appreciate it from guys who have bought, seen or had a friend tell them, from either of these two cities. Sometimes in life, you can't beat a personal recommendation, as online 5 star reviews can be bought or faked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, utalkin2me said:

Zedere is handmade, best leather I have ever come across

Are they in Pattaya / Bangkok?

I will google them. Links would be great but I'll give it a try.

Check out Chic Republic in Pattaya (on Sukhumvit between Tai and Thepprasit) or online - they have quality old school traditional type furniture. If you want quality but  a more modern design, try Boontavon and Index on Sukhumvit (near Homepro, between Klang and Nua).

I've furnished my place from a combination of Index (sofas and a bedroom suite, and their Italia range for built-in wardrobes), Chic Republic (modern glass/stainless steel coffee table, a rug which they arranged to get specially made to my size requirements), Eurovision for a custom designed kitchen, and Boonthavorn for random furniture and bathroom cabinetry.

• Thanks 2

What nice wonderful replies from the posters above.  Very helpful folks.  While not really a place for furnishings, the Thai store next to the Ruen Thai restaurant on second road in Pattaya had a lot of traditional Thai decor furnishings. Things I could imagine furnishing my retirement home in the USA with, to remind me of Thailand.  I always take a browse through there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you people, I have now another four or five places to consider that I didn't know about.

With online being a necessity shopping these days, I will spend a day or so browsing them all to get the most suitable.

I may as well keep my brain active and upgrade the house and decor as little chance of getting to the UK this year with all the flip flops.

• Like 1