Policeman shot in Bangkok protests speaks out

webfact

In my humble opinion, from the x-ray image, the foreign object in the policeman's neck is an air gun pellet. 

The officer is extremely lucky that the pellet did not penetrate/rupture either of the major blood vessels which run up either side of his neck namely, the carotid arteries and the jugular veins.  Had the pellet penetrated/ruptured either one of those blood vessels he would have been in an immediate life threatening situation, as I suspect that first aid facilities on the 'ground' would have been fairly basic and unlikely to be able to control the massive internal bleed which would have resulted from such an injury.

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Definitely a .177 or .22 pellet.

Absolutely. I'm almost sure this is a .22 airgun pellet - the mushroom head type. Looks too big for a .177. When I lived in the 'boonies' up near Chiang Dao in the late 90's, I did a visa run to Laos with the the now ex-wife and we saw some AK47 lookalike (folding stock) Chinese single-shot airguns for sale for 2000 baht. She came home with one. Very powerful - left the old British Diana .177 from my youth for dust. This chap is lucky it never severed his carotid artery, or he'd be toast. Ours was sold on to the "Pu Yai Baan" only a few days later - (far too nasty a thing to be in a house with a Thai woman).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

In my humble opinion, from the x-ray image, the foreign object in the policeman's neck is an air gun pellet. 

The officer is extremely lucky that the pellet did not penetrate/rupture either of the major blood vessels which run up either side of his neck namely, the carotid arteries and the jugular veins.  Had the pellet penetrated/ruptured either one of those blood vessels he would have been in an immediate life threatening situation, as I suspect that first aid facilities on the 'ground' would have been fairly basic and unlikely to be able to control the massive internal bleed which would have resulted from such an injury.

it's a slug gun pellet ......  we used them as kids to shoot birds

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Define "illegal gathering". Just because our usurper PM says it is don't make it so!

I'd be happy to see some police & soldiers refuse orders for attack charges, tear gas, water cannons, ribber bullets. These are our children!

the police are paid to do a job, that is uphold law & order ...  now if any don't believe in that then they should get out. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

An xray showed what police said was a .22 bullet lodged in the officer's neck.

Bullet, my <deleted>. Even I can see that it's an air rifle pellet. Does this count as fake news?

Edited by Scott Tracy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Bullet, my <deleted>. Even I can see that it's an air rifle pellet. Does this count as fake news?

It all boils down to translation. Does pellet translate as bullet?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

8 hours ago, jvs said:

Looks like a bb  gun pellet to me,i would think a.22  out of real gun a would go in a lot further.

That's a pellet gun pellet.  Still, lucky not to have been hit in an artery.  If that was a .22 he'd be in a world of hurt. 

The injured officer asked for protesters to spare a thought for the police and protest peacefully.

He said he has a family to go back to and a mother and father.

I wonder if the cops spare a though about protesters when they start lobbing concussion grenades and firing rubber bullets? 
Just saying - Quid pro quo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jesus, these tossers have no idea of what a real riot is, 1973 Andersonstown or Andy pandy town as we used to call it, apart from the Falls road, Divis Flats, the Creggan & places like Londonderry where we used to get bricks, bottles, petrol bombs & shot at plus the occasional bomb just to add to the fun, these guys have it easy, wait till the protestors ramp up the anti, then they'll know they've been in a fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Jesus, these tossers have no idea of what a real riot is, 1973 Andersonstown or Andy pandy town as we used to call it, apart from the Falls road, Divis Flats, the Creggan & places like Londonderry where we used to get bricks, bottles, petrol bombs & shot at plus the occasional bomb just to add to the fun, these guys have it easy, wait till the protestors ramp up the anti, then they'll know they've been in a fight.

Divis flats was always a giggle. Getting old fridges, cookers and freezers dropped on you.

Oh how we laughed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Who cares about the semantics?   Bullet, pellet, slug, really.  Unless you can read the original Thai report don't worry about the wording.

But let's say it was an air rifle pellet that was lodged dangerously in his neck, what's your point exactly?  Someone shot him in the neck with an incorrectly definitely projectile type so it is fake news?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Divis flats was always a giggle. Getting old fridges, cookers and freezers dropped on you.

Oh how we laughed.

So right mate, best thing they ever did was demolish them, preferably with the vermin still inside ????????

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

the police are paid to do a job, that is uphold law & order ...  now if any don't believe in that then they should get out. 

--  The task for the Police in Thailand is to "Uphold-The-Order"  ...  they are *not* tasked with "Upholding-The-Law".

Edited by andersonat
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Rookiescot said:

Oh how we laughed.

remember it ! Unity flats as well.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1