Si Racha driver passes away after crashing his truck into motorbike shop, damages twenty new motorbikes

webfact

screenshot_14635.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Si Racha – A 60-year-old driver has been pronounced dead at the scene and twenty new motorbikes have been damaged after he crashed his pickup truck into a motorbike shop in Si Racha over the weekend.

The Borwin Police was notified of the accident on Friday (August 6th) on Number 331 Road in Borwin.

They and The Pattaya News team arrived at the scene to find a silver pickup truck that had crashed into the motorbike shop, with a row of display motorbikes that had been damaged scattered about the vicinity.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/09/si-racha-driver-passes-away-after-crashing-his-truck-into-motorbike-shop-damages-twenty-new-motorbikes/

PattayaNews.jpg

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

and the owner is cursing   !     ' who's going to pay for the damn 20 smashed bikes  '    !!!!!

Hope the shop has insurance.. or the deceased wasn't being a naughty boy and driving without ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Hope the shop has insurance.. or the deceased wasn't being a naughty boy and driving without ?

i bet london to a brick on ... the shop won't have and certainly the old codger won't have.

Thais are not noted for having insurance cover ....

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

i bet london to a brick on ... the shop won't have and certainly the old codger won't have.

Despite it being required to pay the tax each year? 

(Which I can't get done so far as the place is closed). 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Despite it being required to pay the tax each year? 

(Which I can't get done so far as the place is closed). 

I believe that the government insurance only covers injury liabilities

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, flexomike said:

I believe that the government insurance only covers injury liabilities

Yes, I believe you are correct, I happen to have the paperwork sitting on my table waiting for the damned place to reopen, then I can get the tax paid. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I believe you are correct, I happen to have the paperwork sitting on my table waiting for the damned place to reopen, then I can get the tax paid. 

if you go to a Thai 'mot' place they will issue you the insurance, will give you a receipt, and will get the tax when they open, that way you are covered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

if you go to a Thai 'mot' place they will issue you the insurance, will give you a receipt, and will get the tax when they open, that way you are covered.

Yes done that already, insurance bought weeks ago.... just don't want to get in a pixxing match with a policeman over the expired tax 'disc'..... thanks for prodding me, I need to have a copy of the insurance in the truck itself. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

"....old codger"?? He was only 60....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes done that already, insurance bought weeks ago.... just don't want to get in a pixxing match with a policeman over the expired tax 'disc'..... thanks for prodding me, I need to have a copy of the insurance in the truck itself. 

They should have issued you with a receipt for the new tax, I was told to show the cops if stopped, but I know the cops can be pig headed on this, I once had a new disc on the dash, and didn't have a new plastic sticky thing, 300 baht fine for it not being displayed ON the windscreen even though the missus was holding it up to the window.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

They should have issued you with a receipt for the new tax, I was told to show the cops if stopped, but I know the cops can be pig headed on this, I once had a new disc on the dash, and didn't have a new plastic sticky thing, 300 baht fine for it not being displayed ON the windscreen even though the missus was holding it up to the window.

I got a receipt/certificate... the strip at the bottom is usually taken by the tax office. They are correct that the disc needs to be displayed somewhere....apparently even on a motorcycle!  But the police will say whatever to get money out of you.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yet another agricultural vehicle being driven like a sports car in an unsafe manner and at excessive speeds by an incompetent and unskilled person. 

Well done, nearly accurate.   But...

It's not an agricultural vehicle.

You have no idea how it was being driven.

You have no idea about what speed it was being driven at.

You know nothing about the competence of the driver.

You know nothing about whether he was skilled or not.  

As an unjustified, uninformed Thai-bash, though, you did ok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Well done, nearly accurate.   But...

It's not an agricultural vehicle.

You have no idea how it was being driven.

You have no idea about what speed it was being driven at.

You know nothing about the competence of the driver.

You know nothing about whether he was skilled or not.  

As an unjustified, uninformed Thai-bash, though, you did ok.

Evidently you are wrong as the incident clearly demonstrates.

Thailand does not have an adequate driver training and assessment process that proves competence so thus it is highly unlikely he had the skill to control the vehicle properly, again, further evidenced by the pictures in the original article. 

As to your allegation that a pick-up is not an agricultural vehicle, that is exactly why they were invented as a work truck for farming duties. They have barely changed the technology in them over the last 70 years.

Now off you pop, there's a good chap. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Evidently you are wrong as the incident clearly demonstrates.

Thailand does not have an adequate driver training and assessment process that proves competence so thus it is highly unlikely he had the skill to control the vehicle properly, again, further evidenced by the pictures in the original article. 

"Evidently you are wrong as the incident clearly demonstrates". 

No that is not demonstrated by the article, unless you can point out how, specifically.

"it is highly unlikely he had the skill to control the vehicle properly, again, further evidenced by the pictures in the original article".

And if there was a medical situation as was mentioned in the article as a possibility?   

By the way, no country anywhere provides driving instruction that includes the circumstances of this, or any accident.  The picture in the OP does not provide any evidence of anything except the outcome.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And if there was a medical situation as was mentioned in the article as a possibility? 

Or brake failure, or narcolepsy or any of the other myriad of excuses for their own incompetence at controlling their agricultural vehicle.

Anyway, no point arguing, you have your opinion and I have mine, and mine is that the majority of Thais are incompetent drivers which is backed by statistical and anecdotal evidence.

Chok dee!