Thai Health Authorities Speed up COVID-19 Vaccination of Target Groups

snoop1130

What concerns me is the statement by PRD yesterday.  They said vaccines for foreigners would depend on age, and or one of seven conditions—and geographic location.  So if we’re located in the hinterlands, and we would otherwise qualify for a Pfizer shot—we either have to wait longer, or we get less chance of a good vaccine, than an expat in Bangkok.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

What concerns me is the statement by PRD yesterday.  They said vaccines for foreigners would depend on age, and or one of seven conditions—and geographic location.  So if we’re located in the hinterlands, and we would otherwise qualify for a Pfizer shot—we either have to wait longer, or we get less chance of a good vaccine, than an expat in Bangkok.

Agree, I can't see them making me a special case when no elderly or vulnerable Thai have had a jab here yet either. Be interesting to see how the more remote locations are dealt with.

• Like 1

The notion that expats are not receiving vaccinations can be completely debunked by the thread started by @Sheryl and now has nine pages of posts from members who have received them.

I received my 1st AZ vax in June and I'll be going back for my 2nd one this week.

Just because you haven't had one yet doesn't mean it's not happening.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The notion that expats are not receiving vaccinations can be completely debunked by the thread started by @Sheryl and now has nine pages of posts from members who have received them.

I received my 1st AZ vax in June and I'll be going back for my 2nd one this week.

Just because you haven't had one yet doesn't mean it's not happening.

The govt lowered the interval back down to 12 weeks for AZ for ALL of Thailand. How long is your interval? Mine is 16 weeks and 1 day (28th September 2021) There are geographic differences around Thailand that the Govt. will not admit too. Why can't I have a Pfizer Vaccine as a 2nd dose, now? I did the right thing and got vaccinated with the 'risky' AZ, as the govt. were urging us to do. I didn't sit back and wait. I've been at the front of the queue but will not be the first to be double vaccinated.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, rbkk said:

The govt lowered the interval back down to 12 weeks for AZ for ALL of Thailand. How long is your interval? Mine is 16 weeks and 1 day (28th September 2021) There are geographic differences around Thailand that the Govt. will not admit too. Why can't I have a Pfizer Vaccine as a 2nd dose, now? I did the right thing and got vaccinated with the 'risky' AZ, as the govt. were urging us to do. I didn't sit back and wait. I've been at the front of the queue but will not be the first to be double vaccinated.

My interval is only 6 weeks. What's 'risky' about AZ?

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

My interval is only 6 weeks. What's 'risky' about AZ?

6 weeks doesn't sound correct for Thailand. It could well be a mistake (Translation of the months?). 'Risky' = blood clots

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's one good indicator: 24 of the 54 new COVID deaths reported for Bangkok province on Monday occurred at home instead of in hospitals.

That pretty much tells you what's going on.

Interesting - thanks for sharing. Big jump in the figures and, sadly, Deaths today. These are only going to go one way in the short / mid term.

6 hours ago, Saltire said:

Agree, I can't see them making me a special case when no elderly or vulnerable Thai have had a jab here yet either. Be interesting to see how the more remote locations are dealt with.

I live in Sisaket, just got back from a appointment to have 1st jab of AZ, got there and found out ole bait and switch was alive and well. Dr said 1st jab would be sinovac-  decided to hunker down and wait for better offer-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

You're right! I'm glad that you picked up on that. I normally take Madam Moon's translations as gospel, but she got this one wrong. It is, in fact exactly 12 weeks. ????

I don't buy the blood clots thing though. As a senior, I reckon the risk of serious illness from Covid outweighs the very, very small risk of suffering blood clots. I'm happy to accept what's on offer.

Take care and stay safe.

I agree. that's why I put apostrophies either side of the word. Happy to hear you'll be turning up on the correct date, lucky for you (?) it's not 16+ weeks.

• Thanks 1

Quote: 

-Those who have received one shot of any COVID-19 vaccine can also opt for Pfizer as a second jab. (First I've heard of that!)

-The Public Health Ministry has also announced that Pfizer will soon be administered to those in the vulnerable group, namely people over 60, pregnant women, and those suffering from any of seven chronic conditions.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pfizer-vaccine-shot-in-the-arm-for-thailands-medics-comes-with-a-dose-of-controversy/

Another day another slither of hope...

On 8/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, Isaan sailor said:

Yep.....

• Sad 1

The govt has succeeded in exporting the virus out of Bangkok but have so far failed to export the term 'Red-zone' to the newly affected provinces. I'm guessing, through jiggery and pockery, the definition of 'Red-zone' has changed from when the virus descended on the Capital. Surely a political move to ensure Pfizer only goes to.......

On 8/9/2021 at 6:18 PM, Chris.B said:

"He said an aggressive vaccination campaign for the elderly is ongoing, with 20.28 million doses administered, adding that there is clear evidence that vaccination can reduce death and serious illness among seniors.

Dr Sophon pointed out that even one dose of AstraZeneca vaccine could prevent loss of life. The DDC would like to invite all senior citizens to get the vaccine as soon as possible, to reduce their chances of dying if infected."

Out here in the provinces of Central Thailand, everyone is still waiting for vaccinations, Thai and expats alike. ☹️☹️

In the amphur village of Klong Nam Lai, Kamphaeng Phet province, the local hospital started vaccinations last Friday. My Aussie mate, his wife and her Mum were jabbed on Friday.

My wife went at 08:30 this morning and was given ticket #219 an told to come back at 13:00. She did and was jabbed and looks a bit like the wreck of the Hesperus. She slept a fair bit this afternoon but other than that she is OK.

They were only given Sinovac.

She registered us both but I didn't get an invite to the party, perhaps because I am 77 and 115 kg. 

Still no email or SMS from the FCO website, but I will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:21 PM, jazzdog32095 said:

1- Stop complaining

2- Apply @ [email protected]

3- Get confirmation 7-10 days

4- Go get shot

What part is too difficult or hard to understand

1   I am not complaining

2   I have done that

3   Nothing so far

4   It depends on where the hospital is.

I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet about 350 km from Bangkok. If I have to drive to BKK, a deep red zone, it will be a 700 km round trip and probably an overnight stay in a deep red zone.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, steve187 said:

that's the way the cookie crumbles, no good moaning, should i have waited, well it was important to get a jab, so no the pfzier may never have arrived so i got the best available at the time.

Same here. The vaccine rollout takes time to settle itself, just like yeast. We humans on the other hand, are endowed with brains - some of which still usable to some of us - so we did what we call "calculated risk." Folks who were in low-grade panic would jump over (musical) chairs to get the latest or supposedly best vax out there in the market and ended up over-vaxxed themselves, not taking into consideration that the antibodies that were "born" with the first jab need time to mature in order to get "boosted" by the 2nd or 3rd.

Surely those wasted jabs went out with the <deleted> without doing anybody any good. Had those been left in their vial they would probably have been used on 1st time vaxxers and saved some lives...Unfortunately most of the time people don't think of others where their own interest is concerned.

• Thanks 2

On 8/10/2021 at 2:15 PM, rbkk said:

I am still in a queue somewhere but unlike you I have had NO vaccinations at all. Think yourself lucky that you have already had one.

If you get a second it probably means somebody may not get their first.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:16 PM, rbkk said:

from Richard Barrow.....

Important information for those people who registered on the MFA website https://expatvac.consular.go.th I’m told that some people have already received appointments. However, when they turned up, they were offered AstraZeneca and not Pfizer. There was no mention of this in the email.

What was the age group for those got AZ.?

On 8/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, Isaan sailor said:

i wouldn't mind to wait longer... if for Pfizer , i am getting used to an almost "house arrest" now....

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, rbkk said:

Something is not right here. I have 2 of the diseases. My 1st AZ dose was on the 7th June (first in line). My 2nd appt. is 28th September (16 weeks interval) I'm not allowed to sign up on [email protected] as I'm already in the Mor Phrom system. So 43,000 expats will have had 2 Pfizer doses before my 2nd dose of AZ?

Go and check with whoever again. I was told today AZ is now 8 weeks between shots. Very reliable source which I am not allowed to disclose, think who stands behind a pharmacy counter. This is Chon Buri province where the rollout is being organised by pharmacists, but should be the same everywhere? Being Thailand sometimes you need to ask.

Cheers

On 8/10/2021 at 9:35 AM, Almer said:

Ok thanks good luck 

well not so much good luck.  went to get shot and was informed that I would receive sinovac.  Decided to wait and keep trying to be safe.  Data not forthcoming from China about how their jabs do against Delta.