Foreigners raring to buy condos in Thailand - Bangkok most popular in searches - but late 2022 for recovery

webfact

6 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You do realize that the Wuhan lab (which may or may not have let out COVID) is a bio-safety level 4 lab in a major city, and the very nature of being human means that there can be mistakes made, some catastrophic...   I was thinking it was dam stupid to have the highest classification biosafety lab in the middle of a major city...   Then I found out, maybe there are more stupid countries so I checked: Melbourne, Singapore, Winnipeg, Hamburg, Berlin, Rome, Taipei, Atlanta, Boston, San Antonio, Buenos Aires... among a lot of other major cities have BSL-4 labs as well...  So the world is full of idiots who should not be throwing stones...

It was just a joke, understand Thais buying condos.

Personally even if I was given a condo anywhere I'd sell it.

16 hours ago, Airalee said:

I too was going to say the same thing.  If the Chinese are supposedly going to come in and buy up all the empty condos, what was stopping them from doing it pre-Covid?   And no surprise, we have the influx of agents on this thread, full of bravado, claiming that anybody that speaks in any negative term about the state of the market is just a poor, bitter renter.

Full disclosure…I own a condo.

Nothing was stopping them; the Chinese were buying, pre-covid.  My partner and I personally sold 4 condos to Chinese buyers in Pattaya, and 1 in Bangkok.  (No, we're not realtors.)  The first Bangkok condo my partner and I purchased (the one we later sold to a Chinese buyer) was a new project from a very large builder and we bought off-plan.  When we went into the sales office there was a second entirely separate sales team, in their own designated area, that spoke Chinese and had brochures printed only in Chinese.  You don't make that sort of effort with few buyers in mind.  Just as an aside, that second sales team seemed busier than the regular sales team the day we visited.  

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Nothing was stopping them; the Chinese were buying, pre-covid.  My partner and I personally sold 4 condos to Chinese buyers in Pattaya, and 1 in Bangkok.  (No, we're not realtors.)  The first Bangkok condo my partner and I purchased (the one we later sold to a Chinese buyer) was a new project from a very large builder and we bought off-plan.  When we went into the sales office there was a second entirely separate sales team, in their own designated area, that spoke Chinese and had brochures printed only in Chinese.  You don't make that sort of effort with few buyers in mind.  Just as an aside, that second sales team seemed busier than the regular sales team the day we visited.  

I’m not saying that there were never any Chinese buyers.  But for people to hang their hopes on a full blown real estate recovery on the Chinese is kind of ridiculous.  Maybe I’ll sell one of them my condo too.

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

So let me get this right, Chinese cannot search google etc without the use of a VPN. So any search they do will present as an IP address from somewhere other than China.

How are they identifying Chinese doing searches for property?

Monk magic. 

On 8/10/2021 at 7:01 AM, gk10012001 said:

Hope springs eternal in the human breast. It is possible Thailand will get back to some sense of normalcy next year, or not too far in the near future.  It is also possible things will degrade further.  There has always been a ton of foreign money that moves in to Thailand when people sell out.  Look at all the bars in Thailand that change owners every year.  One guy busts out, another guy buys in.  There are literally a million millionaires in the world that could pluck down $100,000 or $200,000 USD into a very nice condo in Thailand, and they would not worry or care too much if the purchase went bust.

And the sellers don't worry/care where the money comes from.. 

No checks on the source of funds.

• Like 1