Thailand to UK

overherebc

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

What, if any, vaccines are not recognised/accepted by UK for travel to UK from Thailand?

As best I understand it from this government page, no vaccine administered in Thailand is currently accepted for entry to UK from Thailand. As already posted, you have to self-isolate for 10 days and pay for tests.

Quarantine and testing if you've been in an amber list country - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

So, if you've been jabbed with, say, AstraZeneca in Europe you only have to take pre- and post- tests, if you've been given AZ in Thailand you must lock yourself up for 10 days.

27 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

As best I understand it from this government page, no vaccine administered in Thailand is currently accepted for entry to UK from Thailand. As already posted, you have to self-isolate for 10 days and pay for tests.

Quarantine and testing if you've been in an amber list country - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

So, if you've been jabbed with, say, AstraZeneca in Europe you only have to take pre- and post- tests, if you've been given AZ in Thailand you must lock yourself up for 10 days.

Thanks.

Of course things may change in the coming months and we can only hope for improvements.

3 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Have to be vaccinated in the UK, EU or US

I didn’t even bother to declare I’d been double dosed with Sinovac, as it would just confuse the issue 

Interesting. I wonder how that would apply to a Thai national.

Edit.

Thai wife.

Edited by overherebc

33 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

She would just have to quarantine on arrival like everyone else.

Yes, obvious, but if not a UK national would that be hotel or self isolation. Common sense would dictate ( lovely word ) home isolation however we are are dealing with governments and, well, you know.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yes, obvious, but if not a UK national would that be hotel or self isolation. Common sense would dictate ( lovely word ) home isolation however we are are dealing with governments and, well, you know.

I would have thought she could quarantine at the home of her husband.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Have to be vaccinated in the UK, EU or US

I didn’t even bother to declare I’d been double dosed with Sinovac, as it would just confuse the issue 

Switzerland would accept your Sinovac vaccination ????????????????

• Haha 1

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

Try this...

Amber list rules

What you must do if you have been in a country or territory on the amber list in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

Before travel to England

Before you travel to England you must:

You must do these things whether you are fully vaccinated or not....

It continues to tell you the rules....

53 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I believe it's supposed to be "quarantine at home", but I guess self-isolate is much the same.

Believe the terms are "Self Isolation/Quarantine " which means own home or can be a hotel....whereas... "Managed Isolation/Quarantine."..refers to a Government approved Hotel ...detention where you must pay ...New prices now around 2,300 Pounds for the duration...

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

The government guidance can be quite confusing, in many instances they use the term "quarantine" on its own so you have to determine from the context if they are referring to mandatory or self isolation.

Again with vaccination there is confusion over recognition and all about context. Currently, if you been vaccinated anywhere other than UK,EU or US your vaccination status is of little benefit. The main problem appears to be the inability to confirm status.

That does not mean to say your vaccination is not recognised. Public Health England issue guidance on the vaccination of people that have initially been vaccinated abroad and all vaccines are included, even sinovac and sputnik. Where the same vaccine is not available a list of acceptable alternatives is provided.

As far as self isolation is concerned that can be in a private residence or in a hotel. I am currently on Day 3 of self isolation at a hotel near Gatwick, did the Day 2 test on Day 1 and got negative result last night. Will do the Day 5 on Friday and hopefully go north on Saturday.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The government guidance can be quite confusing, in many instances they use the term "quarantine" on its own so you have to determine from the context if they are referring to mandatory or self isolation.

Again with vaccination there is confusion over recognition and all about context. Currently, if you been vaccinated anywhere other than UK,EU or US your vaccination status is of little benefit. The main problem appears to be the inability to confirm status.

That does not mean to say your vaccination is not recognised. Public Health England issue guidance on the vaccination of people that have initially been vaccinated abroad and all vaccines are included, even sinovac and sputnik. Where the same vaccine is not available a list of acceptable alternatives is provided.

As far as self isolation is concerned that can be in a private residence or in a hotel. I am currently on Day 3 of self isolation at a hotel near Gatwick, did the Day 2 test on Day 1 and got negative result last night. Will do the Day 5 on Friday and hopefully go north on Saturday.

Now that T-land is classified "Amber"been considering the Holiday Inn at gatwick and the St Giles over by Heathrow..for self isolation...Will decide in a couple of weeks if things stay stagnant here...

6 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

Now that T-land is classified "Amber"been considering the Holiday Inn at gatwick and the St Giles over by Heathrow..for self isolation...Will decide in a couple of weeks if things stay stagnant here...

I am at the Holiday Inn and also looked at the St Giles. The St Giles is on the surface cheaper but the Holiday Inn has a lot more going for it. The rooms are bigger and have a fridge, all meals are included, you choose from the normal menu against an allowance. Only down side is that if there are a few using room service the food can be going cool by the time you get it. My dinner last night.

IMG_20210810_181753[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a IHG Gold elite status so 10 days racking up double points would be a Bonus.Did you book the 2 and 8 day jabs or did HI arrange it?..Also meal dosnt look bad especially if complimented  with a pint of lager or a glass or 3 of red...

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I am at the Holiday Inn and also looked at the St Giles. The St Giles is on the surface cheaper but the Holiday Inn has a lot more going for it. The rooms are bigger and have a fridge, all meals are included, you choose from the normal menu against an allowance. Only down side is that if there are a few using room service the food can be going cool by the time you get it. My dinner last night.

Are you at the Holiday Inn Gatwick or Heathrow. I was just about to book the St Giles and saw your comments.

7 hours ago, Rinrada said:

I have a IHG Gold elite status so 10 days racking up double points would be a Bonus.Did you book the 2 and 8 day jabs or did HI arrange it?..Also meal dosnt look bad especially if complimented  with a pint of lager or a glass or 3 of red...

I arranged the tests myself. Did a lot of research on the government list of providers and Dante Labs & Nationwide Pathology came out about the cheapest at £84 & £85 for the 2 test kit. I went with Dante Labs as you could specify a delivery date for the kit, most of the others just send it out as soon as you order it. They were very good, I did the test Monday and posted it about 3.30 in the afternoon, got an email about 4pm on the Tuesday to say they had received the test, got the result about 5 hours later.

The HI package does not include any alcoholic drinks, you get one soft drink a day. I get a pint of coke at lunchtime and put half in the fridge. You could probably order drinks from the bar but there is a £5 room service charge, there is no charge on the included food/drink.

I registered with Tesco and had a delivery for my beer,wine & whisky. No problem, the staff take it in and bring it to the room in a trolley. I ordered a litre of Bells that was on offer at £16, they didn't have any so I got a a litre of Grouse instead at the same price. Grouse would normally be my first choice but the Bells was £3.50 cheaper.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keithcresswell said:

Are you at the Holiday Inn Gatwick or Heathrow. I was just about to book the St Giles and saw your comments.

Gatwick, I landed at Heathrow so asked about HI there but it is being used for the government mandatory quarantine.

I just got the National Express round to Gatwick, about an hour. There is an airport shuttle GH1 to the Holiday Inn, only a few minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

so you had a lamb shank last night.

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:50 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

While Thailand is "amber" you just need to be tested and do home quarantine.  No requirement to be vaccinated.

You need a confirmed  negative PCR test taken 72 hours before arrival.

You have to book a Day 2 and Day 8 PCR test to be taken after arrival. 

Complete the Passenger Arrival Form (PAF) online.

The form will ask you for the order number for the Day 2 and Day 8 PCR test order.

If you have been double jabbed you will only be required to take the Day 2 test.

The government website gov.uk will give you a list of the approved testing centers where you can order your test kits. The kits will be delivered to your address in UK. Mine cost GBP59.00

The government testing agency will call or visit you at the address you enter in the PAF to ensure that you are testing. 

There are heavy fines for non compliance/false information. 

I know the foregoing as I have recently returned to UK from an amber country.

The rules were the same for me even though I have had two UK approved jabs.