What Worried You More?

gk10012001

7 hours ago, frantick said:

And what's your vice? Liquor? Food? Smoke? Women?

If so will need a passport for those too. Wouldn't want any of those diseases taking up valuable healthcare resources. 

Oh, sorry, I forgot you're young paleo, intermittent fasting, gym crushing, monk man.

As it's not the gun that kills you, but the man holding the gun, so it is not the unvaccinated man that kills you, but the virus. Learn to target your enemy.

Hard to believe you can't make the simple connection that the unvaccinated person is the man with the gun . He may not be the one that fires the fatal shot but by not allowing his immune system to effectively attack the virus  and potentially be less likely to infect others he potentially "shoots" someone else and eventually  I catch a bullet down the line. You still need to take all the recommended precautions after being vaccinated  as you can still be infected but your chances of survival are greatly enhanced .

There is no vaccine against liquor abuse , food abuse , smoking or women . There are vaccines that have proven to minimize the life threatening effects of Covid .  No the vaccines are not perfect and are still being studied but they are buying us some time against a virus that can kill you in a matter of weeks . 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

All of the information I’ve seen says that vaccinated people can still get infected. Wouldn’t that mean that the virus can mutate inside their bodies?

Yes it does mean that.  And some data past and resent is showing that some of the mutations may be quite bad and similar to some of the principals espoused by Darwin, the virus may change to a much more robust and survivable and dangerous variant

3 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Yes it does mean that.  And some data past and resent is showing that some of the mutations may be quite bad and similar to some of the principals espoused by Darwin, the virus may change to a much more robust and survivable and dangerous variant

While the virus may evolve to be more resistant to the immune response generated by vaccination, there's nothing about that fact that makes it liable to be more dangerous. It could evolve to be less dangerous. But if you're not vaccinated the virus has a lot more opportunities to reproduce. And the more it reproduces the more likely mutations are to be generated.

4 hours ago, mikebike said:

What worries me even more us that in this day and age people do not understand that MSM always has an agenda. They are the voice of power, not the voice of the people. Expecting anything different is crazy.

What astounds me is the belief that ‘MSM’ is some kind of homogeneous organization.

Does each outlet have an agenda? I quite certain each has many agenda, but it’s clear nonsense to suggest FOX or Sinclair has a shared agenda with CNN, MSN or  the BBC etc let alone the wide spread of printed news outlets.

27 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

The Darwin bit to worry about is the ‘self selection’ for increased risk of dying by refusing to be vaccinated.

19 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

How do some of you compare that with the current COVID ups and downs? 

Apples and oranges.

STDs are almost completely avoidable by using condoms and completely avoidable by not exchanging bodily fluids at all.

Corona is air transmissible so short of wearing full body protection anyone can catch it without doing anything but breathing.

22 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I bet there are a few members on TV that can remember when the Bubonic plague was rife!

Funny, just yesterday read about a similar disease among chipmunks in the U.S. 

As for me, I never worried about HIV, but this latest coronavirus, possibly even enhanced in a lab (who knows?), being carried by wind, affecting lungs and the whole body long-time is scary...

Hope, I can get vaccinated in 2029 when I turn 60.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apples and oranges.

STDs are almost completely avoidable by using condoms and completely avoidable by not exchanging bodily fluids at all.

Corona is air transmissible so short of wearing full body protection anyone can catch it without doing anything but breathing.

The whole point of sex is the exchanging of bodily fluids.

Not to mention I have no wish to endanger my immortal soul.

I never really worried about any disease, and seemed to have survived all  have encountered.

Edited by BritManToo