Anyone Registered on Expatvac Received Their Appointments Yet? Not Interested In ThailandIntervac, Medpark, Bang Sue, Bumrungrad Just Expatvac

Chris.B

No emails or contact from expatvac in Saraburi after successful registration the day after it opened. Would be nice to hear some positive feedback from someone outside the greater Bangkok area that had an appointment scheduled through expatvac.  Maybe give us folks that live outside the Kingdom of Bangkok hope.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know why anyone should treat anything they are told by expatvac or any other Government department as gospel truth that you can safely hang your hat on. Indications are generally encouraging though that more or less depends on where you are.

Good luck to all and try to be patient. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Sad 2

Good thread. There has been lots of confusion where people have claimed to have appointments/vaccines and it is highly likely that they have received the appointment from a different registration.

It is worrying that the government are claiming that there have been many appointments/vaccines from the expatvac registrations....who and where are these successful expats? 

One can only speculate as to what has happened/is happening, I hope that the US expats are posing these questions to the US embassy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, champers said:

I don't know why anyone should treat anything they are told by expatvac or any other Government department as gospel truth that you can safely hang your hat on. Indications are generally encouraging though that more or less depends on where you are.

Good luck to all and try to be patient. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

No one takes anything as the "gospel truth" in Thailand that has been here for a few days if they have any sense about them.  Vaccination news/"planned" efforts/website registrations published have been inaccurate, misleading, given false hope to expats especially those with families. If it were me alone I would travel back to my home country and get vaccinated.  Some folks just need to see the needle move "in their area" and yes it depends where you are.  In BKK the needle is moving, slowly for those under 60 but moving, other places not in a major city or tourist area not so much. Indications where I live are not encouraging, Thai folks or expats have not been offered Sinovac or any other vac in my Amphoe. Most in my village are over 65.  Province hospital has a google form that no one has had success on. Helping folks here sign up because they don't have a clue how to navigate a ill developed website nor a good one. 

Good title to the thread, interested myself to see some feedback.  To answer the OP's question: No appointment after successful registration on expatvac. 

Appreciate your optimism though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My latest knowledge which I am happy to share. This is regarding Thais that want Pfizer, called today 2-3 hospitals (Bangkok area) for my wife to get Pfizer. These hospitals received Pfizer, but they not allowed to give it to people (yet). They declined today 200 people that wanted it and went there in person without an appointment they said.

Everyone who wants Pfizer as a Thai has to register first and has to be approved by the government, but they <deleted> up because there is nothing to signup yet for the Thai people and everyone has just question marks.

But hearing this, I am betting that Medpark is a "showcase" hospital for the American Ambassador that visited the place 2 days ago. See also all public statements from PM etc ..  don't get me wrong Medpark is doing a good job as far as the reviews here go, but it seems they are the only ones giving Pfizer so far if you don't count medical workers. I also found today an advertisement for registration for Thais for Pfizer near Pattaya, so there are also 1-2 hospitals that got Pfizer and let Thais now register with underlying conditions.

BUT in my personal opinion the vaccination starts earliest next week with Pfizer for the rest of the hospitals. But its good to hear that some hospitals received the Pfizer vaccination the last 24 hours, even if they not allowed to give it yet.

That would also explain that we didn't get appointments yet or? Or they just overwhelmed with 40.000 Signups from us expats ???? 

Ok, so one thing of note from the announcement made by MFA on Radio Thailand just moments ago, was that the email notification of an appointment will NOT be coming from the expatvac.consular.go.th website but will instead be coming from either The Ministry of Public Health OR from the hospital that will administer the vaccination. Khun Tanee Sangrat also gave out a couple of phone numbers

The Department of Disease Control: 1442

The Consular Affairs Department    : 02-572-8442 (I was trying to open up Notepad to jot this down so not sure if it was the Consular Affairs Dept or Ministry of Public Health) 

9 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Tweet

10 Aug 2PM Expatvac Update Registrants: 47,626 Blow 60 yrs old: 37,358 Over 60 yrs old: 10,268 Health conditions: 3,462 Pregnant: 204

Has the Pfizer vaccine for foreigners been distributed to hospitals already? Do you have information on how many vaccines will be delivered to Pattaya and which vaccination centers. Thanks for all the helpful information.

Not yet as far as I know.

So the appointments will be sent after Pfizer vaccines arrive at all hospitals?

T.

Or it depends on MOPH and DDC from this point on?

Yes, I am just trying to check when. I was informed by Consular Affairs Dept today for my presser that they have already sent 29,314 registrants to MOPH.

Am I correct in assuming that the 29,314 registrants sent to MOPH are the most vulnerable of the total people registered on the ExpatVac website? The first batch of people to be assigned vaccination dates?

·
Aug 11

But on August 10th 2pm there were 14K priority people registered on Expatvac and if 29,314 sent to MOPH there are some non-priority people. Will all the some 48K registrants be getting Pfizer and if not, why not? If not why have allotment of 150K for foreigners in the 1st place?

The admin of vaccines is implemented by MOPH according to the priorities. I will keep checking.

Do you know if the roll out as part of Expatvac started already in Bangkok and Pattaya? It's hard to oversee the different programs.

Not yet, as far as I know.

Thank you for your quick response!

Good info thanks.

I just listened to Tanee Sangrat on Radio Thailand. Nothing new with the exception of a telephone number for general or registration queries - the number is

025 728 442

Thai are requested to use the hotline number as before 1422

Appointments should be sent out 'in the next coming days'

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 1

Yeah, the MoFA and DCA did a bang-up job registering people. For many, this was their third or fourth "registration".

Registering people is easy. Getting them vaccinated, less so.

Then they (MoFA/DCA) handed registration information off to the MoPH.

Cue cricket sounds, tumbleweeds rolling through the scene.

Instead of providing an accurate update - even if it's bad news - we're left with the usual shrugs. The lack of communication here is ALWAYS a BAD sign.

MoPH/DDC is probably trying to figure out what to do with a list of 45,000 ferners.

It is likely a very challenging logistics/scheduling/communication project.

• Like 1

I just called the number given in the Radio Thailand broadcast (02-572-8442) for the Department of Consular Affairs. The long and the short of it is that they have no information. It seems that they are merely acting as a conduit to MOPH. The foreign residents info is passed on to MOPH, and that's as far as it goes for MFA (Consular Affairs Dept). 

Essentially it just comes down to us all being asked to be patient. 

21 hours ago, Chris.B said:
·
1h

Replying to and
Khun Tanee from this mornings briefing it sounds as though registration on expatvac site is not for the allocation of Pfizer as many qualified foreigners had believed. Can you confirm?- thank you

I asked my colleague at the Consular Affairs Dep & was informed that vaccines allocated for expatvac registrants include Sinovac, AstraZeneca & Pfizer. The vaccine you receive will be determined by the vaccination site, based on allocation & availability at the time.

Replying to and
I have listened to the interview and it is now clear that enrolling on expatvac does not guarantee a inoculation with pfizer vaccin. At what point of time this association pfizer/expavat was made and by who?

I asked my colleague at the Consular Affairs Dep & was informed that vaccines allocated for expatvac registrants include Sinovac, AstraZeneca & Pfizer. The vaccine you receive will be determined by the vaccination site, based on allocation & availability at the time.

☹️☹️☹️
Edited by Chris.B
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Terry Scoble said:

I am sure that the original announcement stated that the vaccine would be Pfizer. I am guessing now that we will all be fobbed-off with Sinovac. I hope I'm wrong!

I am thinking they won't give Sinovac to the over 60s, etc. Definitely not to pregnant women!

In my opinion, if they give Sinovac to any expat, it would be unforgivable. ????????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, burner2014 said:

Thais have now vaccination walk-ins for Pfizer on the weekend in Bangkok Area just fyi (different quota)

So I hope next week is when they really start with the Pfizer Rollout for the Foreigner if any Pfizer left ???? 

It seems like the 'Bangkokians' are the chosen ones. ☹️

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I am thinking they won't give Sinovac to the over 60s, etc. Definitely not to pregnant women!

In my opinion, if they give Sinovac to any expat, it would be unforgivable. ????????

My Aussie mate went to the community hospital in Klong Nam Lai last Friday 06 August with his wife and MIL. They got Sinovac and so did he.

My wife went to the same hospital on Wednesday 11 August. She got Sinovac also. Her after effects were tiredness and a headache.

Though my wife registered me at the same time I didn't get an invite to the party.

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

My Aussie mate went to the community hospital in Klong Nam Lai last Friday 06 August with his wife and MIL. They got Sinovac and so did he.

My wife went to the same hospital on Wednesday 11 August. She got Sinovac also. Her after effects were tiredness and a headache.

Though my wife registered me at the same time I didn't get an invite to the party.

I am sure they didn't go through Expatvac.  

kO1j8jDf_bigger.jpg

In the allocation plan, Pfizer vacc to be allocated to foreign nationals group, but it doesn't mean that all foreign nationals will receive Pfizer. Same criteria for Thais - can't choose vacc, it depends on allocation and availability. Email from expatvac site clearly states this

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 8:45 AM, KeeTua said:

Maybe Loei.

@SangratTanee

Chris Buck
Has anyone not in Bangkok, who registered through Expatvac, received an appointment yet?

The Englishman
Yes I live in Loei and has my first injection last week. My 2nd is scheduled for 26th August. I think just be patient. As an aged priority I waited just 4 days after registration for the call. Good luck.
7:24 AM · Aug 12, 2021

Was it Pfizer and promised?

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:
????????13 August 2021-- An update from the Thai government regarding Thailand's #COVID19 situation, reporting from the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)

234020143_153704966888075_57536250004542

Expatvac report starts at 2:40 minutes approximately.

One big fat lie after another ! So now suddenly ! We have to register with local hospitals as well. Well lady we only hear "no falang" if we try. You should have been working for Trump with press meetings like this ! Like I said before It's all another big cock-up. Cannot rely on anything this Government does nor anything coming out of our embassies! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

One big fat lie after another ! So now suddenly ! We have to register with local hospitals as well. Well lady we only hear "no falang" if we try. You should have been working for Trump with press meetings like this ! Like I said before It's all another big cock-up. Cannot rely on anything this Government does nor anything coming out of our embassies! 

On one of the broadcasts, I can't remember which one, it said foreigners could pay for vaccines at private hospitals! ???? I can't even get on a list for Moderna up here in the provinces. ????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

had to laugh hard when I heard that as well.

150k Pfizer, 48k registered normally it should be enough for everyone who wants ???? but hey welcome to Thailand at least it never disappoints us ????????

24 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

The lady has nothing to do with the allocation of vaccines or what type/brand we will get.

She simply explains in very good English what will happen and as she said we will not get Pfizer automatically and also have no choice but to accept or reject the vaccine on the day.