Full disclosure demanded over distribution of 1.5m doses of donated Pfizer vaccine

snoop1130

17 hours ago, club said:

It could jeopardize the 1 million donations the US is sending if they find out. The one thing the US asked about was 700,000 Healthcare workers getting one jab as a booster because of Sinovac. According to our useless US Embassy the Thai officials said they would. The US got played

no, the U.S. is in full support of the regime and does not want to anger Thailand.  U.S. needs all the friends it can get in this part of the world.  Thailand is playing both China and the U.S.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, club said:

And that happened just days after the donation was announced and some Thai official started a rumor about expats getting a portion of it by agreement.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, WISteve said:

Well, today is the 11th and Minister Anutin said the approved persons on expatvac should be getting a notice by now.

Have any of you who received an approved notice via e-mail received further instructions?  I've been watching my e-mail and SMS like a hawk but no joy.

I did register with Medpark Hospital and fill up the form attached what needed (I chose 13th Aug at 2.30 pm as my preferred date) and then received an email telling me that my registration is a success and i have to wait for a confirmation email for vaccination appointment, but after 2 days nothing happened so I called Medpark hospital directly and told about my registration, they asked me some questions about my registration info. then they confirmed to me (yes) they have my details and I was already booked for the 16th at 2.30 pm of this month to go and get my Pfizer first shot.

I did ask them why there is no confirmation email/SMS of the appointment, the answer was they don't know but he said good that I called. and to be sure after another 3 days I called again to be sure that all good and it looks like it is still good to go.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Regardless of whether or not this results in anything being done, it is a good thing that the vaccine distribution is being questioned, and it is a good thing the toxic goons are being questioned. Pushback is what is needed from the people. Their every move should be scrutinized. It is clear as day, that the last thing in the world these super corrupt dinosaurs consider is the public good. 

the Thai's are wimps, will never happen

I am assuming these vaccines have batch numbers and are therefore traceable.  The main reason of course if a certain batch has a faulty vaccine that needs recalling and patients re-vaccinated.  

It is good there has been a call for the audit.  It demands accountability. 

The outcome of this audit will also affect the likelihood of future donations from foreign nations, as they will not supply more if there is any evidence of impropriety. 

I registered as well for the expat vaccination, but have heard nothing.  

If expats do not receive any of the proportion of Pfizer allocated to us, then forget more external donations.  It would be a very significant lack of trust.  The  news of this would spread back to the US and worldwide.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

And that happened just days after the donation was announced and some Thai official started a rumor about expats getting a portion of it by agreement.

Even if there was some sort of agreement between governments, the US mission here is not going to put that in writing.  If there was an agreement though, not doing what was agreed could affect relations on other items that may be important to Thailand.  There are multiple audiences for public releases, not just American expats.  That said, I have no idea (nor would most people) whether there is some diplomatic agreement or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Giving scarce Pfizer jabs to HiSo students so they can study abroad is a clear violation of the terms of the Pfizer donation. How many more violations do we not know about?1

What part of "no strings attached" did that violate?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I remember that, It was a Thai general that said it

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, malibukid said:

no, the U.S. is in full support of the regime and does not want to anger Thailand.  U.S. needs all the friends it can get in this part of the world.  Thailand is playing both China and the U.S.

Your confused, China has been playing Thailand for years. Bad vaccines and submarine's is a good example

1 minute ago, club said:

Your confused, China has been playing Thailand for years. Bad vaccines and submarine's is a good example

China did not have to play Thailand, the current General in charge seemed to be much warmer with regards to ties with China (which did not criticize the coup) than any previous administration -- right from the beginning... Thailand traditionally has tried to play the game in the middle, and had a memory of when China supported the communist insurgency in Thailand, but Prayut seemed to discard that play book early on.   Thailand is much better off returning to the old playbook - try not to anger either side too much, and try to be seen as friendly to both sides...

• Like 1

"Well, today is the 11th and Minister Anutin said the approved persons on expatvac should be getting a notice by now.

Have any of you who received an approved notice via e-mail received further instructions?  I've been watching my e-mail and SMS like a hawk but no joy."

Not a word from the expatvac government site I signed up on 2 Aug here in Udon Thani.  i can hardly wait for the excuses.

1 minute ago, fdimike said:

"Well, today is the 11th and Minister Anutin said the approved persons on expatvac should be getting a notice by now.

Have any of you who received an approved notice via e-mail received further instructions?  I've been watching my e-mail and SMS like a hawk but no joy."

Not a word from the expatvac government site I signed up on 2 Aug here in Udon Thani.  i can hardly wait for the excuses.

Approved, my guess is those that are approved for vaccination under current criteria NOW... not everyone on the list... 

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Even if there was some sort of agreement between governments, the US mission here is not going to put that in writing.  If there was an agreement though, not doing what was agreed could affect relations on other items that may be important to Thailand.  There are multiple audiences for public releases, not just American expats.  That said, I have no idea (nor would most people) whether there is some diplomatic agreement or not.

us expats are small fish

11 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I'm sure they will get something probably some hand gel or a pack of face masks but thats about it.

I did see 1 person say they have an appointment on the 12th so its good to know at least one person has managed to get a vaccine. 

has he actually had it ?

On 8/11/2021 at 3:43 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

A great list mate and these are mostly over ten years old but honourable mentions must go to the Saudi crown jewels and blue diamond, corruption and murder at Kaset sugar mill, theft of tsunami relief funds, foetus graveyards at Bangkok temples, NGV buses for Bangkok, Salween logging, Raluek Leekpai embezzlement case, the blimp, Kamnan Poh the Godfather of Chonburi, Bangkok International Film Festival bribery, Thai Airways overtime scam, etc.

Good to pinch ourselves and remember where we are now and again.

Also the rice price support scheme

On 8/12/2021 at 7:25 AM, Henryford said:

Me neither as at 7.00 am on the 12th

On 8/11/2021 at 7:20 PM, WISteve said:

Well, today is the 11th and Minister Anutin said the approved persons on expatvac should be getting a notice by now.

Have any of you who received an approved notice via e-mail received further instructions?  I've been watching my e-mail and SMS like a hawk but no joy.

It’s now Friday the 13th. I registered on Sunday was accepted but I have heard nothing since. I am over 70 living in Hua Hin 

1 minute ago, musicscene said:

It’s now Friday the 13th. I registered on Sunday was accepted but I have heard nothing since. I am over 70 living in Hua Hin 

Registered also on the first day. It was accepted but no word yet

• Like 1

Yes, Friday the 13th and all is quiet on the e-mail and SMS front.

I would like to believe one of these gentlemen are sincere and will follow through and see that the foreign nationals will get a portion of the 1.5 million doses, but I am beginning to think we've been played one more time??

I believe the person reporting that he had received Pfizer vaccine was talking about jabs at MedPark through the other program, not expatvac??

interested to see how this pans out

they said the Pfizer wouldn't be delivered until 10th/11th August, then the 12th was a public holiday

if nothing is heard next week I really hope it's investigated

I understand Thai medical staff are being vaccinated first, but that's not from the 150k allocation for foreigners

On 8/12/2021 at 11:27 AM, koele2 said:

If any Pfizer vaccine is leftover, they will hand it out to foreigners and regular Thais and advertise it to the world.  The 50,000 doses out of 1.5 million donated, the scraps.  Most people don’t realize that it came in last week and most of it is already in human arms.  Whose arms though?  Take a wild guess.  

I got jabbed Friday and all I saw were a whole lot of expats getting Pfizer. Equal amount of Thais getting AZ.

Edited by jazzdog32095