Full disclosure demanded over distribution of 1.5m doses of donated Pfizer vaccine

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

I got jabbed Friday and all I saw were a whole lot of expats getting Pfizer. Equal amount of Thais getting AZ.

After reading recent articles on Pfizer where it says it has dropped to 42% against the Delta strain. Moderna is still the best at 76% protection against Delta infection. Both companies  say will have boosters. I was ready to get Pfizer vac when I fly back to USA, Changed my mind. Will get Moderna. 

Edited by club
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, club said:

After reading recent articles on Pfizer where it says it has dropped to 42% against the Delta strain. Moderna is still the best at 76% protection against Delta infection. Both companies  say will have boosters. I was ready to get Pfizer vac when I fly back to USA, Changed my mind. Will get Moderna. 

Up to you but I wanted something now. Waiting to go thru airport, on plane with people certain to be infected but not showing symptoms wasn't an option. I'm getting Pfizer #2 in 2 weeks and Moderna booster promised in October. I wouldn't wait to long if I was you. Jabs after infection do nothing. 

On 8/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, crazykopite said:

No they wouldn’t show favouritism would they ! 

In a country where a red bull brat can be drugged up and kill a cop and still be roaming the world a free man does it really surprise anyone to find that just maybe those with the most $$ and influence are most likely to get shots before some poor nurse from Isaan?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Up to you but I wanted something now. Waiting to go thru airport, on plane with people certain to be infected but not showing symptoms wasn't an option. I'm getting Pfizer #2 in 2 weeks and Moderna booster promised in October. I wouldn't wait to long if I was you. Jabs after infection do nothing. 

You will be waiting longer then October. Jan 2022 maybe.   Order was put in to late. Its the reason I am flying back to USA. Did it last year , can do it again. You might want to get second Pfizer jab instead of putting all your hopes on Moderna in October. Be safe

1 hour ago, club said:

Do what you want, but switching vaccine choice because of something you read on the interweb is like switching toothpaste because the lady in the Crest commercial is prettier than the one in the Colgate commercial.

We're being played by the Pharmas.  It's a lot more sophisticated than "4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident for their patients who chew gum", but it's manipulation nonetheless.  You and I will never know who funded the study, or who was paid to present the results in a manner that favors one or the other.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, club said:

You will be waiting longer then October. Jan 2022 maybe.   Order was put in to late. Its the reason I am flying back to USA. Did it last year , can do it again. You might want to get second Pfizer jab instead of putting all your hopes on Moderna in October. Be safe

Believe whatever you want. People swore up and down no Pfizer available. Now you same ones are swearing no Moderna. I applied and paid July 30, jabbed last Friday, another September 3rd @MedPark. More organized than anything I could expect in the US right down to valet parking.

Khun Kanittha has been allocated moderna vaccine of Chularat Hospital Group. Please confirm your reservation at the link https://moderna.chularat.com:459/confirm.php?x=2523418e37c3bed2f0f6057750a7f06ce

Applied Moderna on 1st day. Received above plus two phone calls but I should believe a guy who is willing to roll the dice, wait to fly 7000 km in a confined and several airports when studies have found one-fourth of SARS-CoV-2 infections are remained asymptomatic throughout the course infection. 

Keep putting off getting jabbed reading articles is foolish. Here is one making me double think Moderna.

Moderna VS Pfizer: All You Can Do Is Laugh (kittydeschanel.com)

This refutes what you state, so you are just as likely going to be taking unnecessary risk to get an inferior product. Priority is to get protection sooner than later. Everyday you wait you are 92% more likely to get infected, hospitalized and die. Get jabbed today you 96% eliminate the hospitalization  and death. 

Moderna vs. Pfizer: We're Not Playing Favourites | Best Health Canada (besthealthmag.ca)

Foregoing vaccinating asap to travel to USA at a later date is 1- risky 2- expensive 3- totally unnecessary. But as the pretty bar girl says before she takes your money and possibly leaves you infected '' It's up to you ". You obviously like to come on as the smartest guy in the room but in the case your plan is just stupid and dangerous. Good luck to you sitting on the crowded plane.

Even I know some Thais who received Pfizer because they “know” the right people.

I got mine too.

Good luck getting their hands on the list then ensuring it’s authenticity.

This is Thailand…this is how things happen here lol.

Edited by XJPSX

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 7:24 PM, Scrotobike said:

Yes full disclosure goes something like this

Reporter - Did all the Pfizer go to the correct people?

An other idiot - Yes we have used all the Pfizer according to the plan

Reporter - But what was the plan

An other idiot - To use all the Pfizer doses - thankyou for the questions

Sounds a bit like Sir Humphrey responding to PM Hacker. 

2 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

The French were smart, they sent enough vaccine to cover the whole French expats, without having to deal with the Thai government, if you know what I mean. 

What the Biden administration refused to do. A slap in the face for all Americans that live and work in other countries that help pay for the 500 million Vaccines with taxes,  Biden is donating to countries around the would. 

• Confused 1