611 million dollars stolen from wallets--security didnt help.

olfu

13 hours ago, nicie91 said:

I had to sit in wonder when a guy offered a trash dump millions of GBP to allow him to dumpster dive for his hard drive that was full of crypto that had exploded in value.  If losing your hard drive through theft or mechanical failure means you lose access to your crypto, no thank you.

And there is no system that can't be hacked.

Lol. Is this another bear thread from someone who is convinced they're for sure smarter than crypto hodlers?

These seem to pop up from time to time. But maybe this one will be different than all the others were. What happened to those ones, anyway? ????

16 hours ago, amexpat said:

How could we have ransomware without crypto currency?

something like this:

trojanwinlock7372_pic1.png

if you've bought your first computer less than 10 years ago then you've likely missed the "winlocker" plague.

13 hours ago, impulse said:

I had to sit in wonder when a guy offered a trash dump millions of GBP to allow him to dumpster dive for his hard drive that was full of crypto that had exploded in value.  If losing your hard drive through theft or mechanical failure means you lose access to your crypto, no thank you.

he was dumb enough to not make backups on a separate storages.

Nice market action this week.    And yeah, who isn't backed up, 2FA'ed left and right, and spread out with multiple redundancies by now?   

As Alanis said: Everything's gonna be fine fine fine...

You have to be smart with your crypto holdings just like with anything of value. The central banks and Federal Reserve have been manipulating precious metals for a long time with paper contracts to keep the true value of precious metals suppressed since it is a threat to their fiat currency racket. Now they are worried about bitcoin and other decentralized monetary platforms since they can't control and rig the system for their benefit and keep the average joe mired in their debt ridden fiat currency which is on its death bed due to their insane printing and debasing of the US dollar. The US Federal Reserve, which is a private  company wants to go to a centralized digital currency whereby they can continue to manipulate the currency for their benefit. Also, with a centralized digital currency, unlike bitcoin which is decentralized, they can utilize all sorts of schemes to control and manipulate their currency to their benefit. They fear the public waking up to their racket and are trying to suppress the value of bitcoin with negative news about it. Many individuals are hip to their game and have made fortunes with bitcoin.  As  more folks realize that a decentralized monetary platform is most beneficial to the masses hopefully they will turn away from the central bankers and federal reserve who have the game rigged to benefit them.

I think a form of electronic cash will eventually eliminate cash.  Also think Crypto is a terrible investment and a fools game for the vast majority.  Many will make fortunes and eventually lose them.  Rinse and repeat until eventually a viable path is found to use  crypto currencies efficiently.  In its current state it is almost useless in most situations  in comparison to the ugly cash in my wallet.

It is fun and extremely profitable game for most at the moment and in the end most will lose lots of real money who have invested in all to almost all the crypto currencies out there now.   10 years from now a form or many forms of crypto will be functional alternatives to cash and sound investments.  If I was young and dumb, I would follow the herd over the cliff because I lack the ability to see all alternatives and there are many.

With the above stated, for those on the crypto train, best of luck and you very well may not need it.

Edited by atpeace