Thailand’s ‘mix and match’ vaccine policy creates hurdles for people travelling to UK, EU

snoop1130

35 minutes ago, nitpicker said:

I was hoping that one further AZ jab would be enough, since I might have to pay for it. However, that would seem likely to be about 11 to 12 weeks after the first so perhaps the situation will be clearer by then ????

If you mean hoping 1 Sino and 1 AZ is enough, it looks like it will be a wait and see. But if you get a booster AZ down the track then 1 sino and 2 AZ's 'should' be enough to appease most gov's, but who knows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

To make it even more bizzar is "which" AZ did you get in Thailand.  Did you get the donated AZ from Japan, or UK?  Or did you get the local Thai AZ or bought AZ from S. Korea?

Does the Thai vaccine passport state which "lot" you got the AZ from?  If so then various Gov's can figure out which vaccine you got ... if they aren't mixed AZs.

If the vaccine passport includes a code (e.g. a QR code), that code may well give all the necessary details to any authority with the right digital equipment ... which is nearly everywhere in the world these days (maybe with the exception of border crossings such as the San Miguel Puente Internacional between Colombia and Ecuador!).

23 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If you do go, simple, get a booster of AZ, Pfizer, J & J when it becomes available or Moderna. 

You made the right decision at the time, your covered.

Yes right, but wait 6/8 months as we in EU/GB will also have a third jab. 

30 minutes ago, geisha said:

Yes right, but wait 6/8 months as we in EU/GB will also have a third jab. 

By the end of 2022 im sure that 3rd jab will be a distant memory as im sure we will be at the 5th or 6th jab by that stage 

"Long story short: The issue of Thailand is not that it has used Sinovac. If it had vaccinated people with Sinovac like Chile did, numbers would be low now. The issue of Thailand is that the country decided last year that it can wait with mass-vaccinations until June 2021 (reminder: now is August 2021) and on top decided that it only needs to buy vaccines that would cover about 50% of the population. Both were miscalculations." >

so we know there was no mass vaccination program. No-one wants to do the expensive 10-day quarantine unless absolutely necessary: subject to confirmation of the approved vaccines, those injected with Sinovac may have to.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Mix and Match vaccines will cause a tenuous situation for anyone who decides to travel.  Quarantine will be the norm as well as the allowing of only vaccinated folks into certain locations including restaurants, movie theatres, bars, and many other venues in the not so distant future I am afraid.  However, that is my view, but one I have heard echoed in reports from Governments throughout the world.

Germany, Austria are 2 countries I know of mixing vaccines AZ+mRNA.

16 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

If you mean hoping 1 Sino and 1 AZ is enough, it looks like it will be a wait and see. But if you get a booster AZ down the track then 1 sino and 2 AZ's 'should' be enough to appease most gov's, but who knows.

Recently there is discussion in the US that booster jabs are coming, although the mix of them is a point of discussion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/us/politics/booster-shots.html

On 8/18/2021 at 6:31 PM, smedly said:

these are questions you should have asked yourself before getting the sinovac jab, now you are stuck with it - it cannot be removed again because you've changed your mind

many on here have been dicussing this very issue for weeks 

Thank you Mother Superior