Prominent Thai doctor says everyone will eventually catch Covid-19, we need to learn to live with it

snoop1130

17 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Yes. Other doctors in the west were saying this back in spring 2020 but they were quickly shot down in the media, devoiced in youtube, etc.

This thai doctor describes what has just happened in India - most people got sick and acquired natural immunity from the live virus, the wave went down. The number of detected infections is bs everywhere, real numbers are in billions now, mortality rate is very low. What happened in India is now happening in Thailand, give it another month to play out.

It is Corona Virus. Immunity is of no importance. It is a genetic selection whether the immune system can be switch to "no regulation" with the first or repetetive contacts with antigens, virus replication has not to be active. Corona infection and replication has not to be on the same individual which is corona sick.

In my humble opinion the Doctor is simply making reference to 'herd immunity' 

I do agree with his statement that we have got to learn to live with it, as for people being shunned it is possible this has taken place, bearing in mind the level of education and lack of explanation to the people in some areas.

Get people vaccinated this will give them confidence to get back to a normal life. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dont confuse me said:

I do agree with his statement that we have got to learn to live with it, as for people being shunned it is possible this has taken place, bearing in mind the level of education and lack of explanation to the people in some areas.

Get people vaccinated this will give them confidence to get back to a normal life. 

What about those who have the right now to take the Vaccine? And why on this occassion, are we not being asked first if we have any allergic issues with certain medication as you always get asked before taking anything? I do not want to have an experiemental, and as yet unapporved/not fully tested vaccine. That is a basic human right. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, saintbangkok said:

What about those who have the right now to take the Vaccine? And why on this occassion, are we not being asked first if we have any allergic issues with certain medication as you always get asked before taking anything? I do not want to have an experiemental, and as yet unapporved/not fully tested vaccine. That is a basic human right. 

In the UK one fills in a questionnaire before getting vaxxed: allergies, existing conditions, meds etc. That, IMO, is how it should be done.

And, as I said above, your choice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saintbangkok said:

I agree if one decides they don't want the vaccine it's their right, that's where herd immunity will come into play.

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

If they did that then it would be kind of hard to justify the complete and utter destruction of the lives of many people.

Also the COVID prisons - they're being locked up in a COVID prison because nobody is to be trusted and the government believes people will immediately go and spread the virus to everyone they know. Zero trust in the people. Not because COVID is actually so bad that they need treatment and monitoring.

They treat everyone like naughty children and clearly blame the infected for being infected.

The way government are handling this is the problem.

But that applies to ALL governments of the world!!

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think he's right on some things.

Vaccinate and try and get on with life , we need normal asap and Thailand is killing itself with no plan of recovery.

No plan is normal, unless there is something in it for me, then it's planned very carefully - money is money as they say. 

1 minute ago, Dont confuse me said:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Fewer than will die from malnutrition and early deaths from chronic diseases resulting from malnutrition, especially kids of young age. There is statistics of millions added to the number on the edge of starvation compared to 2019, and this economic mess is only beginning to rear its ugly head. It will be a turbulent decade. Economy does not forgive nor forget.

18 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

This thai doctor describes what has just happened in India - most people got sick and acquired natural immunity from the live virus, the wave went down. The number of detected infections is bs everywhere, real numbers are in billions now, mortality rate is very low. What happened in India is now happening in Thailand, give it another month to play out.

Certified Facebook epidemiologist/statistician/economist. ????

• Haha 2

Yes, anyone/everyone can "catch" COVID-19. The vaccines or having natural immunity isn't like have some magical shield around you which repels the virus. Immunity, whether it is from vaccines or a prior infection, just means your body is better able to fight the virus and expel it. This keeps you from having symptoms (getting sick) or at least lessens the degree to which you have symptoms. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midwit said:

How about treatment and medications that help with sever cases of the virus?  We have vaccines for the flu but they are not 100% effective so we have to focus on treatments and medications for serious flu cases.    

Yep.... I am all for anything that can help.

I won't rush to take Ivermectin but I am happy to see it being researched. Equally, you won't see me criticising those who may wish to try it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If I had one baht for every Farang who claimed that they had Covid in the first quarter of 2020, I could pay for a shot of vaccine.

ours was tested by DFAT and wife lost her taste of sense and smell for a month.  Any questions please send.  Thanks for the comment.  Hope you get your shot.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Yes. Other doctors in the west were saying this back in spring 2020 but they were quickly shot down in the media, devoiced in youtube, etc.

Nobody got shot down, lol. If so, where?

You're missing the point, we All need to vaccinate, but Covid19 will never go away. We have to live with it, and the safest way is with vaccinations.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

This morning the same news in the Netherlands.. They wrote that 700.000  vaccinated people will get Covid because for some unknown reason their immunity system is not working properly. In the same article the doctors claim that everyone who is not vaccinated will get Covid. 

Everyone is the world will get Covid19 at some point in their life. Period

• Like 2

There are 4 current variants of concern (VOCs) and 10 variants under investigation (VUIs) and 17 more variants that are being monitored. Take a look Table 1 for the full list. Then look at Table 5 to see how many people who have received 2 doses have died from Delta.

From the UK gov official report:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1009243/Technical_Briefing_20.pdf

2 hours ago, dash said:

It is Corona Virus. Immunity is of no importance. It is a genetic selection whether the immune system can be switch to "no regulation" with the first or repetetive contacts with antigens, virus replication has not to be active. Corona infection and replication has not to be on the same individual which is corona sick.

It reads like you have a valid point to make, but I just can't understand what it is.

Can you explain better? I guess English is not your native language and you Google translated this?

• Haha 2

On 8/19/2021 at 7:25 PM, AnotherFarang8 said:

India - most people got sick and acquired natural immunity ...

The immunity last only for ½ a years, then you must have a new booster shot.

The only solution is to vaccinate the whole world and pray..., if it wont work, we'll have to live beside it until a real medicine will be found.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.