TAT eyes travel bubble with South Korea - China on radar too

webfact

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So if I fly to South Korea and vaxxed can I enter without ASQ under this "plan"?

Or am i still just a dirty farang?  #FreeSoapies

You can already enter with out ASQ if you are vaccinated by using Phuket sandbox. You don't need any travel bubble agreement.

Unless they get EXTREMELY efficient in terms of processing visitors post-pandemic, they do not have a snowballs chance in hell.

The vast economic tourism fallout now underway will lead to more unrest, and more unrest will lead to more bad press, on top of the bureaucratic tourist nightmare they created to pointlessly "stop the plague".

I think many tourists will opt for Kabul or Beirut over Pattaya as the next happening hotspot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Will regular, violent political protests discourage visitors from coming or will people coming from other authoritarian regimes not care?

In the past this sort of thing hasn't been an impediment. In fact, reading and listening to visitor's comments at various times since 2006, it's almost a badge of honor.

It might be downer if the "temples" and "food" (euphemisms for something else) aren't in full supply though?

14 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Have  these people at TAT even considered that the Tourists they are trying to lure may have to undergo a period of Quarantine when they return Home, which will make their Trip a No- No.

21 days in Hong Kong & China.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Top of Thanes Petchsuwan's to do list was to meet with the new Chinese ambassador who has arrived in Thailand to ask when the Asian giant will be allowing their nationals to travel.

Thailand is in the biggest mess it's been in for decades... but it's the only one that can't see it.

Based on recent Thai planning and strategic vaccine rollout failures and sandbox transport issues, If the TAT are responsible for planning the travel bubble then its likely that the bubble will end up being with North Korea and Cameroon. Better to leave the planning to the south Koreans. If you leave it to China then read the contract carefully to make sure that the TAT don't accidently give Thailand to  China as a "gift".

• Haha 1