Help has arrived! 150K doses of AstraZeneca reaches Bangkok from Bhutan

webfact

it's really worrying that such a big deal is being made of obtaining 150k vaccines, the uk would get through that before lunchtime.

the uk, with a similar population size, has been vaccinating full on since the start of the year and has still only just vaccinated 70% + of the population. thailand in the same time period is around 7.5%. at this rate it's going to take thailand ten times longer to reach 70%/80%, this means 80 months or arounf 6.5 years. it's a sobering thought.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

When big country like Thailand need to ask the help a tiny country Like Bhutan, if i were a Thai, i would have buried my head in shame that we have come that far and low...

Your absolutely correct. The first words that came into my mind was prostitution and lies. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

IF im correct Siam Biotech is making millions of AZ and they export. 

Now they get donated from Bhutan and later this year they will get from Japan.

There is something ugly going on with all vaccines.

I could say just plain profit for pharmaceutical companies somehow, from a situation. Also the bigger ones.

As the costs of the vaccines to make are almost nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Almer said:

Not at all, it is likely needing to be used, this arrangement is a win win for all with Bhutan getting long shelf life back at the end of the year. 

Pleased to see someone is thinking straight around here. ????

• Like 1

So by the end of the year, about 3 months, Thailand is going to replenish 150,000 vaccines that have been borrowed from Bhutan?

Will these be by the same manufacturer or some micky mouse Chinese rubbish? 

More to the point will Thailand keep its promise? I wouldn't be holding my breath hoping for a smooth transaction.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

I thought living in Thailand is all about FACE.  This is so shameful and embarrassing to the Thai nation.

Still blows me away that an entire nationality is predicated solely on the idea of not admitting you're wrong and people not telling you you're wrong

Edited by phills2k1
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

Still blows me away that an entire nationality is predicated solely on the idea of not admitting you're wrong and people not telling you you're wrong

I dont know about the whole nation, but if i show my Mrs she is wrong on something and not in a "i know better than you way" she goes quiet but will never say sorry i was wrong, the best i get is "i didn't understand what you were saying" bless her.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

I can only imagine what would have happened if the Thai Govt. did not accept all the vaccine it could get their hands on.

Then the comments would have been.:

"General doesn't care about his people", "too slow to get vaccine" etc etc etc.....

A single jab might save a life - so the more vaccine the merrier - doesn't matter where it comes from.

You mean the general does care now ?

11 hours ago, Almer said:

Not at all, it is likely needing to be used, this arrangement is a win win for all with Bhutan getting long shelf life back at the end of the year. 

I look forward to the article at few months away ( year end  2021 ) a commensurate amount returned to the Himalayan locked needy people of Bhutan...... make a note in your calendar Anutin !

Edited by CANSIAM

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Delivered from a country with a population of only 770,000. So the donation amounted to 19.5% of their population.

Pretty sizable wouldn't you say.

I wonder if the Bhutan AZ is close to expiry and can't be used in time in Bhutan? Would make sense to do a swap. Both countries benefit.

• Like 1

150k doses!!!!!!!!   You need millions. When someone has to borrow , what's that tell you? Is Thailand broke? You honestly could not pay one of the poorest countries in the world for 150 doses of AZ? We are in trouble here folks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, club said:

150k doses!!!!!!!!   You need millions. When someone has to borrow , what's that tell you? Is Thailand broke? You honestly could not pay one of the poorest countries in the world for 150 doses of AZ? We are in trouble here folks

Must be some issues at the Siam Bioscience Lab ?  I would imagine the donation will help out with the Thai approved 'Sino/AZ' cocktail along with all other donations that can beef up the Sinovac...... fustercluck.  

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1