Police caught dining-in Bangkok restaurant

webfact

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

If the policemen were vaccinated I do not see a problem.  LOL

With all the media outrage against a small group of people ‘breaking the rules’ my opinions remain the same. 

If its a group of 6 people in a private house being charged for exceeding the law on ‘no more than five’ or if its 3 policemen grabbing a bite to eat... I see no issue with either, news such as this offers opportunity for those wishing to throw fake outrage and sanctimony around. 

Of course, police should not beyond the law, but this rule is pretty daft and knee-caps common sense. 

-----

The other facet of this story... the outrageous BS from the police officers. Its well known police officers visit restaurants etc in their area and get free food etc...  and the idea that a guy had to eat before taking medication and this meal was provided with fortuitous timing to meet the officers medical demand is utterly hilarious. 

5 hours ago, swm59nj said:

It doesn’t matter if the meal was paid for or not.  It was a  violation of the Covid restrictions.  And people have been readily fined or arrested for violating those restrictions 

I agree… i think in the moat generalized way, the “failure” here is that they kind of forgot (or just didn’t care) of one basic tenants… that being…

If you are the enforcement entity, then you must accept and acknowledge that YOUR actions will be subject to 24/7 scrutiny by the public of which you act as the enforcer, and must be wholly complaint without limitation/exception at all times.  

It’s somewhat analogous to when you, as a regular driver, see a police vehicle speeding or violating any driver rules, when NOT engaged in an otherwise obvious enforcement action.