800k Seasoning Period for Non (O) Retirement Extension

Could someone clarify the seasoning period Pre & Post period of Non (O)  based on Retirement 800k. Reason why I'm asking is there seems to be conflicting information abound, and not sure if there has been a recent change to previous periods of 2 months before and 3 months after.

MTIA

Hate to disagree with @ubonjoe& @DrJack54 (both of whom have forgottern more about Thailand immigration stuff than I will ever know) but the money needs to be in the bank 2 months prior to the 1st extension & 3 months prior to any further extensions (in both cases the 800K needs to remain in the bank for 3 months afterwards & the balance cannot drop below 400K at any point in the 12 months). 

From Immigration website... .https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714 (See bullet point 22)...

On the filing date, the applicant must have account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to

It could be that this is specific to CW immigration but the same was confirmed to me by my agent when I did my extension 9 days ago & Siam Legal...  https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Retirement-Visa.php

• Bank Account

The retirement visa is valid for a year and can be renewed by presenting the same requirements during the initial application. Please note that the required amount of funds in your bank account must be at least 3 months old before your can renew your visa.

ImmigrationBangkok... https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-retirement-visa-2/

Important information

Visa Renewal

It is important to note that renewal of a Thai retirement visa is subject to the same requirements as when applying for the visa for the first time. In addition to this any proof of funds in your Thai bank account must have been deposited and cleared at least 3 months prior to your visa renewal application date.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Many thanks for that. That's what I was led to believe apart from the Post period, which I was told, by an agent, that now 400k can be taken out directly after the extention Visa has been issued. However, all that said, best work on the side of caution. Thanks again.

• Confused 1

Just now, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find you are digging up sites that haven't been updated to include the 2019 changes. 

As mentioned, this was confirmed to me by my agent 9 days ago, is listed on the Bangkok immigration website as at today & the Siam Legal page I linked to was updated in 2021. 

It could be all 3 are wrong, but if it were me (& I use the 800K in the bank method so it is) I would ensure the 800K was there no less than 3 months before to be on the safe side...

Is it any wonder that the OP said he was confused. 

22 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Please note that the required amount of funds in your bank account must be at least 3 months old before your can renew your visa.

That doesn't make sense if the money has to be in the bank for only TWO months prior to applying for the extension.

Then it's easy....THREE Months @ 800, 7 months @ 400 or over, then back to 800 for the two months prior to next application

8 minutes ago, EXSUB64 said:

Many thanks for that. That's what I was led to believe apart from the Post period, which I was told, by an agent, that now 400k can be taken out directly after the extention Visa has been issued. However, all that said, best work on the side of caution. Thanks again.

Take what agents say with a grain of salt, they are most often talking in terms of "if you use their service". Agent extensions, little to none of the seasoning rules apply.

Some offices may not enforce the 400k minimum but technically its on the books.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day and the 3 months rule for the first extension went away in 2019 when the new rules went into effect. It is now 2 months for every extension. 

This from the immigration order change clause 2.22 of the immigration order.

image.png.dedcd661e2e93a6ecabea49dc813e650.png

Download: Police Order 35/2562 Changing 327/2557 Clause 2.22  

The immigration website has not been updated for many years now.

Thanks Joe, as mentioned I could only go on what my agent said to me & what I read on the Immigration / Siam Legal websites... Should have known better ???? 

It is no wonder that so many of us get so confused though, think I'll stick with just mothballing the 800K just incase I meet an IO that's equally as confused... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EXSUB64 said:

I think that is ONLY for those who go by the "married to Thai " way , those can take out direct after stamp is O.K., not the ret. ext. holders by the 800K on Thai bank (pensoners) they must keep up to 3 months after stamp date  .....

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2021 at 7:53 AM, ubonjoe said:

The immigration website has not been updated for many years now.

So true, My local IO (Trat) moved several years back then, 3 yrs ago moved back again to its original office, but on their site still gives the address of where they moved to, and that phone number, which is of no use. Thailand 0.04.