Thailand reports 19,014 COVID-19 cases, 20,672 recoveries, 233 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

43 minutes ago, Why Me said:

The virus seems to be banging its head against a daily new case max of about 20k. This can't be due to the vaccination numbers which are still minuscule. Hate to say it but must be the lockdown. Which means the govts. going to be encouraged to prolong the misery.

Hope so

Maybe leaky lockdowns work - but hard to see how when the factories/work camps remain open manufacturing new cases to be passed into the community.

But always look on the bright side of life

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

Yes, its funny how some disappear and then others with the same writing styles and opinion suddenly appear. I doubt that that many of them actually exist.

I'm sure Marvin is just one guy though, no one else on here comes out with such ridiculous posts.

When we disappear, we're going to meet with Fauci to discuss further measures for implementing the Plandemic and suppressing freedom.  We're also discussing how to promote vaccines and cancel the good news about ivermectin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

There has been talk recently about re-opening schools in a sandbox environment. The attached is the proposal sent out to parents at one international school in Phuket recently. Do you think many parents will sign up to this? I would be interested to hear your thoughts #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1429279555416584192

Yep I got that email a few days ago

So the promise of opening in "120" days - the numers are falling "just in time for the opening". Obviously nothing to do with the reduced testing then? Nothing to do with the rapid antigen tests? Just asking - not making accusations ????

I do actually believe that it is the correct thing (not the numbers being smuged shall we say) to open and accept fully vaccinated foreigners, They are a less threat to the Thai popoulation than their own native population.

If they manged the situation and not the paranoina then they would have a lot less "STRESS" on the streets in Bangkok and rapidly spreading around the rest of the country. - You can beat a dog down for only a certain length of time and then it bites back.. the temperature is ring.

1 minute ago, mikesalaugh said:

So the promise of opening in "120" days - the numers are falling "just in time for the opening". Obviously nothing to do with the reduced testing then? Nothing to do with the rapid antigen tests? Just asking - not making accusations ????

I do actually believe that it is the correct thing (not the numbers being smuged shall we say) to open and accept fully vaccinated foreigners, They are a less threat to the Thai popoulation than their own native population.

If they manged the situation and not the paranoina then they would have a lot less "STRESS" on the streets in Bangkok and rapidly spreading around the rest of the country. - You can beat a dog down for only a certain length of time and then it bites back.. the temperature is ring.

Opening up depends on Thailand's vaccination and virus level though, at the moment they are behind.

"Our country’s target is 100 million doses to cover 70 percent of the population with two doses each by the end of 2021"

That said they have been doing good numbers daily if they are to be believed, its just the lack of actual stock that is the main problem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikesalaugh said:

Yes indeed you can open the country for fully vaccinated tourists, but with many countries giving a negative travel advice for the Covid situation in Thailand, the paperwork and extra costs for ones who really want to come for insurance, tests. The uncertainty of being quarantined if someone in your flight is tested positive and the political unrest , I don't think a lot tourist will come and surely not the will influence the inrest in the streets now. There is only 1 solution and that is that the Pm steps down, and that the vaccination program is speeding up with reliable and good vaccines, instead of the Sinovac ans Sinopharm. Even Thai made Astra is not approved yet by the WHO and EU so there is a lot of work to do but start by getting rid of the incompetent people and start building up the country again. Than the tourist will be back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 1,092 new cases today and 2 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (198), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (180), and Si Racha (381). There are now 19,929 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1429228058221826051

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/22/chonburi-reports-1092-new-covid-19-cases-with-2-deaths-1397-people-recovered/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

India approves world's first DNA Covid vaccine

India's drug regulator has approved the world's first DNA vaccine against Covid-19 for emergency use.

The three-dose ZyCoV-D vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 66% of those vaccinated, according to an interim study quoted by the vaccine maker Cadila Healthcare.

The firm plans to make up to 120 million doses of India's second home-grown vaccine every year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57774294

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Opening up depends on Thailand's vaccination and virus level though, at the moment they are behind.

"Our country’s target is 100 million doses to cover 70 percent of the population with two doses each by the end of 2021"

That said they have been doing good numbers daily if they are to be believed, its just the lack of actual stock that is the main problem

I agree the opening depends on the vaccination numbes but  - also on the infection rates. The infection rates are reflected in the testing numbers which are rapidly dropping.

If Thailand waits until 70% are double vaccinated we are looking at 12 months+, it's not going to happen this year. - The big pledge was to open in "120" days - imho it won't happen. Just to add that the U.K are over 75% double vaccinated and cases are still 30,000 a day (with diminished hospitalisations and deaths). - You can't beat this virus and all countries need to learn to live with it and not wreck thier economy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Medical group questions plan to order rapid antigen test kits for home use

The governments idea of allowing people at home to use rapid antigen test kits (ATK) is fraught with risks, as the World Health Organisation (WHO) has not yet endorsed such test kits, the Federation of Doctors of central and general hospitals has warned.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005080

Medical group questions plan to order rapid antigen test kits for home use

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know the schedule for upcoming deliveries for vaccines to Thailand?  I'm just wondering whether there might be a supply-side bottleneck that will slow down vaccinations.  Also, if there is this data, which vaccines are they?

If I understand right, Thailand has received about 31 million doses, and as of today has administered about 27 million.  That means there's about 8 days left of vaccine, at a 500,000 per day vaccination level.   Just wondering what's due to arrive, and when (and which vaccine).  Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

All around us the bordering countries are getting knocked hard, but Thailand is a mystery with almost flatlined daily numbers with no large growth.

Indonesia have been trending down for almost a month now. Vietnam on the other hand having trouble despite much stronger lockdown measures. The other main difference being Indonesia allowed cases to explode initially, there was no flattening of the curve.

Former Bank of Thailand Governor Veerathai Santiprabhob said in a late-night social media workshop that the current government must be more proactive in its policies to repair the damage to the economy because the impact of Covid-19 could have long-lasting ramifications for the economy.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/31588/former-bot-governor-warns-govt-to-be-more-proactive-or-see-structural-damages-to-economy/

KTjwP7ZE?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The news comes as the CCSA also revealed that about two-thirds of those who died recently after catching COVID-19 were not vaccinated against the disease.

So one third of those who died "recently" were vaccinated.  A thought provoking statement by the OP. It prompts a number of questions.......1st dose? Second dose? Which vaccine was taken? 

• 63.8% of deaths were not vaccinated.

"According to reports of deaths from COVID-19 and the history of vaccinations by age group, July 25 - August 19. In 2021, 4,656 cases were found to have not been vaccinated, 2,969 (63.8%) were vaccinated, 1 needle vaccination before the start of the illness, 316 cases (7.0%), and Before 4 weeks of illness, 118 cases (2.6%) were injected with 2 injections before the start of the illness at least 2 weeks, 26 cases (0.6%) and 874 cases (19.2%)."

B.E. 2535 (201 'Deaths from COVID-19' revealed More than 63.8% of Them were not vaccinated. (bangkokbiznews.com)

Slide.jpg

Edited by LosLobo

30 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

Does anyone know the schedule for upcoming deliveries for vaccines to Thailand?  I'm just wondering whether there might be a supply-side bottleneck that will slow down vaccinations.  Also, if there is this data, which vaccines are they?

If I understand right, Thailand has received about 31 million doses, and as of today has administered about 27 million.  That means there's about 8 days left of vaccine, at a 500,000 per day vaccination level.   Just wondering what's due to arrive, and when (and which vaccine).  Thanks in advance.  

Thailand has or will order a further 12m does of Sinovac along with a recent order of 10m doses of Pfizer making a total of 30m doses of Pfizer which are due within the 4th quarter this yr,

A recent order of 150,000 AZ on loan from Butan which has just arrived in Thailand.

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not going to take Thailand 12 months + to vaccinate 70% population, nowhere near that, maybe Feb or March at the latest.

Don't get me wrong I agree with the devastating impact on the economy but I also do not see Thailand as a good case to be one of the first countries in the world to jump the gun on this.

As we know there is an ongoing project in Phuket, better to view that as a barometer for replicating it in other parts of Thailand. Its not the tourists who are spreading the virus, its the local commu

you say it's not going to take 12 months +nity in Phuket where the numbers are steadily growing. Growing so much that they've now gone back and changed the rules for the project to allow for this steady growth including the previous restrictions on stopping it if hospitals reach 80% occupancy. How that spread goes will be a key factor in my opinion but currently its not looking good.

The trouble with Thailand is it is always cautious and very slow to react to anything going on outside its own bubble. They don't listen and they don't learn, they are not pro-active. When the rest of the world were procuring vaccines Thailand sat on it's <deleted> and did nothing. This is not a forward thinking nation by any etreme of the meaning!

Ok, you say it's not going to take 12 months plus to vaccinate - I'll accept that if they step up the roll out - but with the delta variant its not about 70%, it's more like 85%.

More to the point is it worth wrecking the ecomony, do they realise what they are doing (yes, I guess so in a currupt society). - There is a life after coronavirus and we all have to live with it.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1