Ipood Service Centre In Cm?

SoloFlyer

Lads and Lasses,

Seems that I've somehow managed to blow a channel in one of my iPods. I'm not getting full sound from the music - eg, all the normal guitar comming through, but minimal vocals. I know its not a bad music copy because the same album plays fine on my other Pod, and was fine on this one until recenlty. (affecting all music on said Pod).

So anyone have good bad or ugly experience from Apple dealers in CM? The last one of mine that crapped out did so in BKK, the dealer at Fortune sent it off to Sing and got a brand new one 2 weeks later (actually the one that just pood.

I expect airport to be best bet... but???

Carefull Will Robinson. My iPod foze up one day something awful, and the standard reset did not do anything, it was dead in the water, still turned on, just no control over it. :D

Took it in to the apple shop, told the "tech" what the problem was and watched him punch up the serial # on the internet. He then looked at me and said sorry, off warranty, you have to buy a new one, this one is no good. :o

Hmmm. I get back to my condo and do a search online and find that there is another way to do a reset. So I give it a go a WOW, my broken, no good ipod is as good as new again!! :D

I was happy, so happy that I did not return to show him my working ipod, just couldnt be bothered.

I can fix it for you. No charge apart from a beer and a trip from the city (I live in San Sai!). I fixed my mates (Islandape on Thaivisa) Ipod a couple of times (2 different Ipods). They are fixable.

In my experience, the Apple shops won't fix it for you! My friend has 2 Ipods because they told him his first one was stuffed! I spent 5 minutes with it, and I got it working again!

Seriously, dont trust the "experts"!!!

Phil

Offer much appreciated, but it should still be under warantee. If the locals wont fix it like they did in bkk, I'll send it to Sing myself.

I will take you up in the offer if i get no joy... (does happen occasionally!!)

Mac Zone 053224058

100/32-33 Sirimangkhlachan Rd.,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50200

I drove by the shop today and they were completely gutting it. Should be a lot nicer when its done. Not sure if they are still doing work upstairs or somewhere else right now.

this is their website BTW

www.applechiangmai.com

yeah, dropped by there first to see the place empty of the lot... no signs of life as there was just a coupla days ago.

Headed to airport where low and behold when i plugged both pods in to compare the music diff, the problem had fixed itself. Why does technology always do that??

But suprisingly, the guy said he'd heard of this problem and he said if it comes back again try re-installing the firmware. Although this is a common local fix for just about any techie problem. Might try and attack it tommorrow...