Breaking News!! - Expatvac Update - 5:49 PM · Aug 23, 2021

Chris.B

14 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

provincial health offices nationwide to begin making appointments w/ Expatvac registrants

I found it was easy to rock up to the Provincial Health Office yesterday to register after a tip off by a mate, registration was only for the day.

Might be worth making enquiries to your Provincial Health Office to see if they are going to be taking applications at their office ?

Worth a go. 

• Like 2

The announcement seems kinda strange.  Is the expatvac folks passing the buck to the provincial health offices to make the appointments.  And rounding-up an English speaking officer at each office is probably a no-go.

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I was just informed by Dep DG of Dept of Disease Control that his dept has instructed ALL provincial health offices nationwide to begin making appointments w/ Expatvac registrants.

Fat chance of that happening any time soon here in Rayong Province, I think, until each and every Thai national aged 0 and above has first been jabbed as necessary ! ????????????

https://xn--42cf4bzce1atwz0cyc7f1d.com/

• Haha 1

Yes a lot of activity at the local provincial hospital level. They have indeed passed the buck.

I had a messsage conversation with someone from my provincial hospital who told me they had a list of 30 names from the MFA but my name was not on it, they suggested there would be a second round.

How can I check expatvac has my name and this is not just another registration ck-up?

There was a phone number for MFA queries but I can't find the post with the number.

12 hours ago, Pib said:

Is the expatvac folks passing the buck to the provincial health offices to make the appointments. 

They (DCA/MoFA, who managed expatvac) already passed the buck to the MoPH. This is the MoPH passing the buck to the Provincial Health officials.

In my case (Bangkok), for expatvac, I did receive emails (15 August for the first one) and SMSes from a hospital in Bangkok with appointment details, to which my expatvac "registration" was passed. Received another SMS yesterday saying come in between 23 Aug and 30 Aug between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I had look at some recent posts but could only find this number for the Dept or Consular Affairs (025 728 442)

The number for MFA is :

0-2203-5000

Website

https://www.mfa.go.th

I called them, the girl had great English and was as helpfull as she could be without access to the database. Hold on a short time longer was the advice, she was pretty sure from the email I got 1st Aug that my name is in there.

Have a SV + AZ opportunity 300 metres from home tomorrow but it's just day one in the village of several so will keep waiting impatiently a while longer.

This constant waiting game is starting to stress me out!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I called them, the girl had great English and was as helpfull as she could be without access to the database. Hold on a short time longer was the advice, she was pretty sure from the email I got 1st Aug that my name is in there.

Have a SV + AZ opportunity 300 metres from home tomorrow but it's just day one in the village of several so will keep waiting impatiently a while longer.

Okay, hang in there .

It is definitely slower getting to the provinces than anyone envisioned but the signs are that it is getting out there.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, hang in there .

It is definitely slower getting to the provinces than anyone envisioned but the signs are that it is getting out there.

Good luck.

A week ago they had a SV day announced in the village but the vaccine centre was 40 Km away in Sangkhla Buri. The wife's 2 brothers went, one had a sore arm for a day but the other got very sick with covid-like symptoms for 4 days, enough for him to go get tested and thankfully came back negative.

It makes so much more sense for the vaccine to come to the village, than for thousands to head for deep red Bangkok and other places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Saltire said:

A week ago they had a SV day announced in the village but the vaccine centre was 40 Km away in Sangkhla Buri. The wife's 2 brothers went, one had a sore arm for a day but the other got very sick with covid-like symptoms for 4 days, enough for him to go get tested and thankfully came back negative.

It makes so much more sense for the vaccine to come to the village, than for thousands to head for deep red Bangkok and other places.

Yes, it makes sense to wait for the vaccine to come closer but then you run the risk of getting only SV followed by AZ .

If anyone has the slightest desire to travel to Bangkok ( MedPark ) I can assure you that there are no more queues and processing takes about 10 mins + 30 mins rest time.

Another poster sent me photos from his visit yesterday and the place is deserted except for staff.

NOTE: for those unable or unwilling to travel I get that also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

I just came back from my local hospital (Tha Sala in Nakhon Si Thammarat). I asked to be registered and they allowed me to do so (photocopy of my passport - just the front page, phone number and address). When I asked how long it would be before the vaccine would be administered, they told me that anyone registering today would get a date of 3rd Nov 21 for SV followed by AZ. They then said I would have to wait about 5 days via SMS for confirmation. I also told them that I had registered on expatvac on 2nd Aug and they checked my passport number in their system. They found nothing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

I just came back from my local hospital (Tha Sala in Nakhon Si Thammarat). I asked to be registered and they allowed me to do so (photocopy of my passport - just the front page, phone number and address). When I asked how long it would be before the vaccine would be administered, they told me that anyone registering today would get a date of 3rd Nov 21 for SV followed by AZ. They then said I would have to wait about 5 days via SMS for confirmation. I also told them that I had registered on expatvac on 2nd Aug and they checked my passport number in their system. They found nothing

Thanks, this whole sht show makes me feel helpless, seems so hard to get decent information on what, when and where. There are almost too many locations now, but it's finding out about them that's difficult.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

Thanks, this whole sht show makes me feel helpless, seems so hard to get decent information on what, when and where. There are almost too many locations now, but it's finding out about them that's difficult.

Absolutely. One other thing. I asked them why the first available date was so far away. They replied that they now only have sufficient vaccine to administer 2nd shots but they don't have any vaccine available for 1st shots. They have run out. I would also like to add that the woman I spoke with was very friendly, polite and tried to be as helpful as she could  

11 minutes ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

The message hasn't got to them yet, I would wait for Expatvac.

• Like 1