Pfizer vaccine gets full FDA Approval in the USA

gk10012001

Pfizer COVID 19 vaccine got full FDA approval today.  CNBC narrator said they expect to sell 33 billion USD of vaccine business!  The Public Readiness and Preparedness Act (PREP) which was invoked by the Health and Human Services Secretary is still in effect.  The 2005 law  empowers the HHS secretary to provide legal protection to companies making or distributing critical medical supplies, such as vaccines and treatments, unless there’s “willful misconduct” by the company. The protection lasts until 2024.  33 billion buckaroos seems like a lot to me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Time for vaccine MANDATES!

where, in the USA?  never going to happen for the general population.  Many businesses and companies are mandting vaccinations, and are succeeding in the courts against suits trying to stop that.   One suit trying to stop vaccine mandates for students at a university, the court ruled, the student does not need to go to that school and can go somewhere else.  Well that is far from true in general.  It can be hard to get into a school.  One may have scholarships for just that school, along with many other reasons.   But, the judge has spoken.

• Like 1

Link to what the OP summarized...

FDA grants full approval to Pfizer-BioNTech’s Covid shot, clearing path to more vaccine mandates

The FDA granted Pfizer and BioNTech full U.S. approval of their Covid-19 vaccine.

The move may encourage some unvaccinated Americans to get the shots as well as give more private businesses across the nation greater confidence to implement vaccine mandates.

Up until now, the mRNA vaccine was on the U.S. market under an Emergency Use Authorization.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/fda-pfizer-biontech-covid-vaccine-wins-full-approval-clearing-path-to-mandates.html

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You know how childish you sound with the constant name calling, you don't stop. But this is the way of extreme leftists. Create boxes to separate the people. Everybody has to belong in a box, no individuality. 

I suggest you stand in front of a mirror and read that out aloud to yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You do realize that you too are name-calling ("childish" )? And putting others in boxes ("extreme leftists")?

But carry on.

How many posts have I started on this thread with words childish or leftist ? One but the fella I'm responding does it non stop. So you really have nothing to contribute here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Lots of vaccine mandates being mentioned. A biggie is the military.

Guess the anti vaxxers will soon have to be hiding under their beds. LOL

Full approval isn't based on science.  The long term results aren't in.  They won't be, for a long term.

I'm glad you're so smug and confident that you're on the right side of a very complicated issue.

Every company that mandates vaccines for their employees, students, etc. is at risk of bankruptcy by lawsuits if the FDA got it wrong.  Like they have before...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

if the FDA got it wrong.  Like they have before...

You sound a tad smug as well.

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm glad you're so smug and confident that you're on the right side of a very complicated issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

If the vaccine actually works why are some name calling the folks who don't want the vaccine. You're vaccinated, you're safe, why do you care so much what others do? It's their choice if they want to risk not taking the vaccine. I understand the Military and probably DOD personnel as I used to be. 

I've had anthrax, small pox and every other vaccine and drug known to mankind over my 20 yrs working as a civilian defense worker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

You know how childish you sound with the constant name calling, you don't stop. But this is the way of extreme leftists. Create boxes to separate the people. Everybody has to belong in a box, no individuality. 

Not childish at all and far from a leftist. That sounds like something coming from an alt right person. As we know you are.

Time to get tough with those who refuse to get vaccinated.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Full approval isn't based on science.  The long term results aren't in.  They won't be, for a long term.

Every company that mandates vaccines for their employees, students, etc. is at risk of bankruptcy by lawsuits if the FDA got it wrong.  Like they have before...

It's a full FDA approval. Admit it.

A majority of us are on the right side of this very complicated issue. And don't let conspiracy theories cloud our judgment nor politics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If the vaccine actually works why are some name calling the folks who don't want the vaccine. You're vaccinated, you're safe, why do you care so much what others do? It's their choice if they want to risk not taking the vaccine. I understand the Military and probably DOD personnel as I used to be. 

I've had anthrax, small pox and every other vaccine and drug known to mankind over my 20 yrs working as a civilian defense worker. 

We're all in this together. Those refusing the vaccine stand in the way of getting back to normal.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Lots of vaccine mandates being mentioned. A biggie is the military.

Guess the anti vaxxers will soon have to be hiding under their beds. LOL

Your constant attacks and insults towards what you call anti vaxxers are tedious and inane.  Change the record. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1