Koh Phangan: Foreigners continually breaking the Covid-19 rules test the patience of district chief

webfact

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

but Thais sitting together under  a tree in or around a village ... no problem

I think it's called farang syndrome, pick on farang, not Thai, Thai's 1st etc, their country, no discrimination here, it's all in your mind.

The above said, they were actually breaking Covid rules, locals complaining, so the boys have to take action, cant have the locals always complaining about farangs.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Indeed. Yet dozens of locals will gather in close proximity with no social distancing at the local wet market.

we are guests in this country. do as your asked.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sad to say but these people were asking for trouble if there weren't any Thais present too. Some people will complain about anything, and boy do they hate the idea of anyone having fun while they're virtue signalling their compliance (even if that means wearing the same crappy one baht mask for a week).

And don't forget the fear that has gripped so many people. Was just reading about many unis in UK mandating face masks for students in the coming term. A surprising number of people support it because it "helps to protect others". I feel sorry for the immuno-compromised etc but hey, take agency for your own protection. Buy and wear a proper medical grade mask and don't go out so much if you're that worried instead of demanding that everyone else should mask up "to protect you". I'm sick of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, 2long said:

Overreaction or what?

Groups of 5-6 out in the fresh air miles from anyone in a place that's difficult to access!

ikke1959 is correct.

The headline suggests (to me at least) that they're gathering in large groups at the pier not wearing masks or having sex parties in underground pubs!

If they weren't doing this at the beach, they'd be holed up in a cheap apartment somewhere doing the same (exc. fires).

There are a couple of problems number 1 of course is that they are in fact possible carriers and are flouting the law.  The bigger problem is that this could in fact become another version of THE BEACH.  Also if they have booze the only place they can get it is in the village along with the food they eat. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Whatever people think, the law is the law. Cocky kids thinking they don't need to obey local laws because of their Constitutional rights, freedom etc., Need to be smacked down hard. 

Good on you. Where's Lacey? 55555

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Indeed. Yet dozens of locals will gather in close proximity with no social distancing at the local wet market.

Really lame all the "WHITE DEVIL" headlines over incidences like this that once you discover they were in a SECLUDED spot, in open air, looks like a few feet apart = not wonderful, but there are a zillion Thai Devils actions I could photograph "everyday" which are so more egregious!!!

Klong ferry's/buses, BTS/ cashier lines packed shoulder to shoulder. 

I am color BLIND by choice and if someone is doing something wrong, then I prefer to hear about it as "a person called xyz did such and such", I don't give a hoot if they are White or Thai.

Get over yourselves in the media! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Ive nothing but shame for these despicable people young, likely immune and isolated people.  They should know how to behave.  Our holiday snap below.  Cheers - enjoy the LOS ????

Hazmat Beach Blank Template - Imgflip

Was that on the beach next to DOW Chemical? lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

...have been gathering, drinking and eating and lighting fires from dawn to dusk on a secluded and difficult to access beach called Laem Niat.  Which means at least one person will go shopping where they can infect someone.

And where is written that if he/she goes shopping doesn't wear a mask???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1