Chinese-made vaccines not effective against Delta variant after one dose

webfact

Meanwhile... no one is wondering... China used its vaccine a lot on the domestic level (hundreds of millions of doses)... But how strange... the terrible Delta virus... doesn't seem able to spread overthere...

3 or 5 cases in megalopolis like Beijing... the first one... in six months !

Source : https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/29/china/nanjing-china-covid-outbreak-intl-hnk/index.html

... But then nothing.

Despites the fact (everybody say it worldwide) that this variant is extremely contagious.

And even islands like Australia and New Zealand with extreme mesures are defeated by the virus. It can spread anyway.

But not in China.

How lucky they are.

Must be the air. The water they drink, perhaps combined with Sinovac.. Strange chimical reaction that protects the population ? ????

Edited by cclub75
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

One day I read an article on Yaho????o that the Sino was very effective against the Delta, today it is only 13% percent maybe that is the reason the Thai government not mixing and matching 1st shot Sino, 2nd AZ, yet the leaders are too scare to say anything negative to the Chinese and continue to buying the useless stuff. 

Reality if the vaccine effect that explains why China still using lockdown measures throughout their country?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

Meanwhile... no one is wondering... China used its vaccine a lot on the domestic level (hundreds of millions of doses)... But how strange... the terrible Delta virus... doesn't seem able to spread overthere...

Source : https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/29/china/nanjing-china-covid-outbreak-intl-hnk/index.html

... But then nothing.

Despites the fact (everybody say it worldwide) that this variant is extremely contagious.

And even islands like Australia and New Zealand with extreme mesures are defeated by the virus. It can spread anyway.

But not in China.

How lucky they are.

Must be the air. The water they drink, perhaps combined with Sinovac.. Strange chimical reaction that protects the population ? ????

Just better than other countries at hiding their caseload.

• Thanks 2

''The research shows that two doses are the minimum necessary to fight the new Delta variant and prevent severe symptoms, said Zhong Nanshan, China’s leading epidemiologist and co-author of the study.''

No really? I mean, really? Real groundbreaking stuff that, amazing insight from the  leading epidemiologist. many thanks.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bohemianfish said:

Sad that the thing originated there and they ironically don't have a good vaccine...

Will have...a good copy takes time to produce.

That is a China forte.

Plan far ahead, and make counterfeit of things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just had my 2nd Sinopharm, now planning a booster, Astrazeneca or Pfizer

That is exactly what I am doing. I asked my local hospital for a third dose and they offered me Pfizer. I am just waiting for a call.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cclub75 said:

... But then nothing.

But not in China.

How lucky they are.

It's the industrial pollution that protects them.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But it is a very small study. Bigger studies where Coronavac is being used and the Delta variant is the predominant one are needed.

Large studies of Corona-vac efficacy against symptomatic infection and severe sickness done in few countries and reported in the Lancet study before Delta. You right that larger studies against Delta are needed but doubt that are being pursued with earnest as many countries are putting more focus on booster or mixing vaccines. Vaccine manufacturers are also re-designing the original vaccine against future variants which we can expect to be more troublesome. Corona-vac studies are patchy, but we can't ignore its usefulness.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So not far from Pfizer and Moderna which are 66% effective against the Delta variant. Second shot of Sinovac and Sinopharm at interval of only 2-4 weeks. The important facts missing. 

The OP is misleading as it was a very small group study

Caveat, small sample group cohorts and study conducted in Guangzhou city

Summary:

1 dose of vaccine provided very little protection against infection (13.8%).  

2 doses age adjusted 59% against infection, 70.2% against moderate disease and 100% against severe disease (caveat very small group). Additional caveats, study cohort relatively young may overestimate protection vs. delta.

Obviously with small groups in this study the effect in large real world settings would bring down numbers significantly so as an example the 100% protection against severe disease would come right down.

Study is here: 

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/22221751.2021.1969291

Here's another recent study.

This is a useful study on Sinovac (Coronavac) that measured both the waning of antibodies and t cells. This however was not with Delta so results would be less.

In Brazil, Chile, China, this may be compounded by low antibody and low T-cell response from the Coronavac vaccine -- frighteningly so in males over 55 years age

FE31A70F-687A-40BA-9F63-D8E16F1094C0.jpeg

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Large studies of Corona-vac efficacy against symptomatic infection and severe sickness done in few countries and reported in the Lancet study before Delta. You right that larger studies against Delta are needed but doubt that are being pursued with earnest as many countries are putting more focus on booster or mixing vaccines. Vaccine manufacturers are also re-designing the original vaccine against future variants which we can expect to be more troublesome. Corona-vac studies are patchy, but we can't ignore its usefulness.   

Personally, i think the best study China could help with is WHO scientists being allowed unhindered access to the Wuhan labs to find out for the future good of humanity, how and why this horror was visited on the world.

• Thanks 1

There will be many people out there now who have had a single Vaccination of Sinovac and were told they now had Immunity, who will be bricking it right now.

How many was it exactly that were single Vaxxed on Phuket to ensure Sandbox Safety ?

Oh the lies and deception, and above all the betrayal of the Thai population.

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I'm wondering if someone is going to file a suit against China in the World Court or some other body to hold the country to account for Covid and its spread. <snip>

Missouri Attorney General Serves Chinese Communist Party, Wuhan Institute of Virology in COVID-19 Lawsuit
May 18, 2021

The Attorney General’s Office today served the Chinese Communist Party, Wuhan Institute for Virology, and the Chinese Academy of Sciences with the lawsuit that he filed to hold the Chinese authorities accountable for their role in the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-source/press-releases/doc-19---plaintiff's-motion-to-authorize-alternative-methods-of-service-under-28-usc-section-1608-and-federal-rule-of-civil-procedure-4.pdf?sfvrsn=5099787e_2

https://ago.mo.gov/home/news/2021/05/18/missouri-attorney-general-serves-chinese-communist-party-wuhan-institute-of-virology-in-covid-19-lawsuit

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, thaitom said:

That is exactly what I am doing. I asked my local hospital for a third dose and they offered me Pfizer. I am just waiting for a call.

Feels like a game of poker, trying to improve your hand, this morning I've just bought a Moderna booster for my 3rd or maybe 4th  jab depending when it happens

• Like 1