Chinese-made vaccines not effective against Delta variant after one dose

webfact

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Feels like a game of poker, trying to improve your hand, this morning I've just bought a Moderna booster for my 3rd or maybe 4th  jab depending when it happens

I am looking forward to the DNA vaccine thats in the works for my 4th dose.  It just came to mind that I didn't take my flu vaccine this year. no one had the flu.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Just because you didn´t find the information, it does not have to be nonsense.

Delta is just a more infectious strain, but also a weaker compared to earlier ones. For that reason, the booster shots are more for the stronger and more deadly strains, than specifically for the Delta strain and it´s probably even weaker variants.

As for the earlier and stronger strains there is enough information, hence the information about booster shots in a quite large amount of studies around the world.

However, the race for buying as much Sinovac as possible must come to an end. What they are doing, is killing off their own population.

Recent thinking in the US is that Delta is deadlier as well as more infectious. This is evident in the increasing hospitalizations of children, some dying in ICU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

So many studies with dubious sponsors showing conflicting data on Covid vax effectiveness. Meanwhile in the real world …

Israel launched its national vaccination campaign in December last year and has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, with 80 percent of citizens above the age of 12 fully inoculated. Israel vaccinated its population almost exclusively with Pfizer, supposedly the most effective vax available.

Yet...

“In early July, with citizens over the age of 60 almost completely vaccinated, Israeli scientists began observing a worrisome rise in infections—if not in severe illness and death—among the double-vaccinated.”

“Israel reported 9,831 new diagnosed cases on Tuesday, a hairbreadth away from the worst daily figure ever recorded in the country—10,000—at the peak of the third wave. More than 350 people have died of the disease in the first three weeks of August. In a Sunday press conference, the directors of seven public hospitals announced that they could no longer admit any coronavirus patients. With 670 COVID-19 patients requiring critical care, their wards are overflowing and staff are at breaking point."

“I don’t want to frighten you,” coronavirus czar Dr. Salman Zarka told the Israeli parliament this week. “But this is the data. Unfortunately, the numbers don’t lie.”

“Fully vaccinated people with weakened immune systems appeared particularly vulnerable to the aggressive Delta variant.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ultra-vaccinated-israels-debacle-is-a-dire-warning-to-america

That last sentence is the key in my opinion. As I’ve said repeatedly in these forums, we should first and foremost concentrate attention on getting ourselves healthy and boosting our immune systems – whether we want to be vaccinated or not. How to do that? You can find useful information by searching for I-MASK+ Prevention Protocol for COVID-19 in Google.

Vaccines seem to work very well (RNA).  Unvaccinated are 29.2 times more likely to have severe covid according to the CDC published today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

From where? Thais in Chonburi still being told to wait for Sinopharm?

Chulaborn Royal Academy's Sinopharm vaccination drive covers Greater Bangkok (Bangkok. Nakhon Pathom, Nonthburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakhon and 4 southernmost provinces. Unfortunately Chonburi not included in the 1st phase. Perhaps 2nd phase. People living in these provinces can booked for inoculation through CRA. Companies in these provinces can also apply and buy Sinopharm for their companies. I bought 32 doses for my staffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, konaboy said:

My step son says people have died from these shots and get 100,00 BT compensation? True?

If you're dead, how do you collect? Zombies!!!!!! Oh golly, Zombie Nation wasn't fiction it was a prediction, Tom Cruise is a genius.

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

There will be many people out there now who have had a single Vaccination of Sinovac and were told they now had Immunity, who will be bricking it right now.

How many was it exactly that were single Vaxxed on Phuket to ensure Sandbox Safety ?

Oh the lies and deception, and above all the betrayal of the Thai population.

My Fiancé has had the first dose of Sinovac. There was no declaration whatsoever telling anyone that they were now immune, everyone attending was instructed to return 2 weeks later for the second dose otherwise they would not have proper immunity. Where do you get your information from? Uneducated people may assume one dose is enough but there is no declaration from any official source that it is enough.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just had my 2nd Sinopharm, now planning a booster, Astrazeneca or Pfizer

You are planning? Only planning I am aware of is all controlled by the Govt, unless you can fake your way to a 3rd jab with another ID? No boosters allowed until now for most people?

Edited by Hamus Yaigh
  • Haha 1

Everything made in China is garbage. I think this was already a pretty well known fact. Why would anyone think their vaccines would of high grade? Do you think the Chinese leaders took SinoVac or Sinopharm? Not a chance! Tell me why. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

You are planning? Only planning I am aware of is all controlled by the Govt, unless you can fake your way to a 3rd jab with another ID? No boosters allowed until now for most people?

I'm guessing most people once they have 2 jabs are thinking about a 3rd especially if you had Sinovac

i wouldn't jump the gun to believed these sources, they always have their own agenda, Chinese vaccine is made by the old way that has been around for few decade a very long time, it has been proven with no side affect, effectiveness of the vaccine is debatable like all other vaccine, you can sit here complaining about chinese vaccine and not know what Mrna vaccine will do to you.

Just had my 2nd Sinopharm, now planning a booster, Astrazeneca or Pfizer

that's the plan ????, i think we should wait atleast 6 month to get booster, my choice of booster is moderna

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing most people once they have 2 jabs are thinking about a 3rd especially if you had Sinovac

I will have my 2nd jab AZ next month and have registered for Moderna latter part of the year. So you obviously wrong. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Only way out of this Chinese mess for Thailand is STOP BUYING CHINESE VACCINES !!!

Stop buying anything from China and ban them from traveling until the country is free and not run by commie dictators.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I will have my 2nd jab AZ next month and have registered for Moderna latter part of the year. So you obviously wrong. 

Not wrong, but I appreciate it's your English, we all need a booster but if I'd had 2 Sinovac I'd get the booster much earlier

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

If you feel the need for a booster after two AZ shots, don't you think those who had Sinovac  would feel the same or likely more need for a booster.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

If you feel the need for a booster after two AZ shots, don't you think those who had Sinovac  would feel the same or likely more need for a booster.

With recent studies on waning COVID vaccines effectiveness over time even for the much touted mRNA vaccines, booster shot will be a common practice. Sinovac not an exception. 

• Haha 1

Well, to each his own, but I declined an offer for Sinovac about 4 weeks ago last month as I had an appointment today for AstraZeneca. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Today they said sorry, no AstraZeneca, we have only Sinovac. I said no thank you for the second time, and left the hundreds lining up in Mae Chan that were still eager for the Sinovac. I'm thinking that's great, use it all up as fast as possible so we can get on with it and start up with the better vaccines.

I figure if I start with a Sinovac 1 and 2, I will have to wait longer to start with a proper AstraZenica 1, or an mRNA 1. I think better vaccines are imminently available, hearing from reports of Pfizer first jabs today in CR and Pattaya, and from more people online.

I have Moderna paid for, which may come as early as next month as per a phone call made to another friend that bought Moderna.  Meanwhile, I would take a first jab AstraZeneca or Pfizer if offered while waiting for my Moderna to be available.

Canada will not allow me back in with Sinovac. 2 friends of mine are very ill presently in Covid ICU despite having both Sinovac jabs.

This is an evolving saga with perpetual moving parts. Constant new streaming data, news, availability, incompetence, disorganization, lack of communication, sprinkled with the sporadic appearances in some places of the vaccine you want.

At this moment, if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it appears that our best chances of lower hospitalizations, lifting restrictions resuming our lives and living with Covid is if we will be able to get to the point of booster shots every 6 months once enough of the mRNA vaccines are distributed to the population. Watch Israel and their boosters.

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Delta is just a more infectious strain, but also a weaker compared to earlier ones. For that reason, the booster shots are more for the stronger and more deadly strains, than specifically for the Delta strain and it´s probably even weaker variants.

As for the earlier and stronger strains there is enough information, hence the information about booster shots in a quite large amount of studies around the world.

However, the race for buying as much Sinovac as possible must come to an end. What they are doing, is killing off their own population.

Based on the numbers in Singapore because that's where I'm at now, Delta is  more infectious AND deadly. A lot of people seem to forget the death numbers are lower perhaps of the higher vaccination rate (which prevent severe symptoms?) now compared to the original strain and quite a number of the vulnerable may have already succumbed to the original strain in the first place? Singapore is about 80% total population fully vaccinated (Pfizer and moderna mostly) and so far August has brought us 13 deaths out of the total 50 so far since the pandemic. Almost all of the 13 are in the vulnerable age group of 60 to 90 age group and unvaccinated either by choice or restricted by health condition, with pre existing ailments. I believe one is fully vaxed but aged over 80 with existing health conditions. I think it's unlikely that it is coincidental that after a few months of near zero covid related deaths earlier in the year, we have 13 in a month that's not ended yet with Delta more than 90% predominant here. Just sharing, interpret it at your own digression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Only way out of this Chinese mess for Thailand is STOP BUYING CHINESE VACCINES !!!

Sorry, orders have been issued and commissions already on the way, too late to back pedal and besides, can't loose face to mother China. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Antonymous said:

So many studies with dubious sponsors showing conflicting data on Covid vax effectiveness. Meanwhile in the real world …

Israel launched its national vaccination campaign in December last year and has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, with 80 percent of citizens above the age of 12 fully inoculated. Israel vaccinated its population almost exclusively with Pfizer, supposedly the most effective vax available.

Yet...

“In early July, with citizens over the age of 60 almost completely vaccinated, Israeli scientists began observing a worrisome rise in infections—if not in severe illness and death—among the double-vaccinated.”

“Israel reported 9,831 new diagnosed cases on Tuesday, a hairbreadth away from the worst daily figure ever recorded in the country—10,000—at the peak of the third wave. More than 350 people have died of the disease in the first three weeks of August. In a Sunday press conference, the directors of seven public hospitals announced that they could no longer admit any coronavirus patients. With 670 COVID-19 patients requiring critical care, their wards are overflowing and staff are at breaking point."

“I don’t want to frighten you,” coronavirus czar Dr. Salman Zarka told the Israeli parliament this week. “But this is the data. Unfortunately, the numbers don’t lie.”

“Fully vaccinated people with weakened immune systems appeared particularly vulnerable to the aggressive Delta variant.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ultra-vaccinated-israels-debacle-is-a-dire-warning-to-america

That last sentence is the key in my opinion. As I’ve said repeatedly in these forums, we should first and foremost concentrate attention on getting ourselves healthy and boosting our immune systems – whether we want to be vaccinated or not. How to do that? You can find useful information by searching for I-MASK+ Prevention Protocol for COVID-19 in Google.

Israel finds COVID-19 vaccine booster significantly lowers infection risk

Breaking down statistics from Israel's Gertner Institute and KI Institute, ministry officials said that among people aged 60 and over, the protection against infection provided from 10 days after a third dose was four times higher than after two doses.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-finds-covid-19-vaccine-booster-significantly-lowers-infection-risk-2021-08-22/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Stop buying anything from China and ban them from traveling until the country is free and not run by commie dictators.

30% of the world's manufactured goods, including lots of parts, come from China. And of course lots of purchases from other nations to supply those manufacturers.  So I would call such plan equivalent to shooting oneself in the foot or rather the head. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So thats it then???   Delta IS the most deadly strain  300% more deadly infection transmission

Numbers from corporates and governments having own interests are always massaged more or less. Its question of face or billions of dollars sales and share value. Millions of deaths are not the first thing to be considered even it sounds cruel, that have been seen multiple times. Independent studies would do it, but of course, is there any left as corruption seems to be everywhere nowadays. Most likely only way to remove this cancer would be harsh (final) punishment in countries where possible, corporate not protected by government and banning deliveries where it is. So meaning when it causes by purpose thousands of unnecessary deaths or billions of dollars wasted money. Going to happen...naah...too many money men and politicians involved. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mac1970 said:

Numbers from corporates and governments having own interests are always massaged more or less. Its question of face or billions of dollars sales and share value. Millions of deaths are not the first thing to be considered even it sounds cruel, that have been seen multiple times. Independent studies would do it, but of course, is there any left as corruption seems to be everywhere nowadays. Most likely only way to remove this cancer would be harsh (final) punishment in countries where possible, corporate not protected by government and banning deliveries where it is. So meaning when it causes by purpose thousands of unnecessary deaths or billions of dollars wasted money. Going to happen...naah...too many money men and politicians involved. 

Not sure if I agree with you completely or disagree with you utterly.