Have you had a vaccine yet?

cyril sneer

Have you had a vaccine yet?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I had one az through mor prom 2nd due in 4 wks that 16 wks between jabs but 12 recomended any idea if they are cutting them down? To 12 wks,it was done at Samitivit Sri Racha.

You early birds got 16 weeks delay. When I got my Phyathai-2 AZ, it was 12 weeks with talk of 8.  I asked the doctor about changing. She said if there are any changes, they will automatically reschedule and notify everyone. I did not have to do anything.

Still never a bad idea to call and talk. The problem is getting past unhelpful help desks.

• Thanks 1

Got my 1st shot of AZ on 12 July next shot was due 4 Oct today I saw that hospitals had changed the span between shots from 16 wks to 12 wks. Called the Hospital and they checked and I was right my date had been change from 4 Oct to 4 Sept. for 2nd shot.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 9:22 AM, Denim said:

Some of the jabbed might have got the needle abroad.

Correct...  Kind of.

With Mohr Promp App... 

Early June: AZ Dose #1

Follow up Vaccination scheduled for this week (I’m now outside Thailand, but don’t need the follow up)

Outside of Thailand (Middle East)

Early July: Pfizer Dose #1

Early Aug: Pfizer Dose #2

So, by now I would have had Both Doses of AZ from within Thailand, but have now actually had 3 doses. 

4 hours ago, UTH001 said:

A friend of mine was told by Bangkok Hospital staff in Udon Thani that Moderna will be available from May 2022...

Thats the second generation.

I've booked that online.

If you're interested I would call them for there website Portal to purchase it.

At least in the front of the line.

If you don't they'll be plenty of people willing to buy it from you or give it to a friend.

Take care.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, HappyExpat57 said:My Bangkok Pattaya Hospital story of 25 August:

Next jab is 15 Sept at Central Festival, walk in any time between 9:00-3:00. Yay?

Did you also get just one paper with the next appointment date and time without anything else written on it?

Reg 5/8/21 with expatvac heard nothing since. Trat. have been offered Sinovac followed by Pf  from local hospital 70yrs old but thought i'd wait for 2 shots of Pf, now considering taking what's on offer, maybe i'll hang on a few more weeks and see. Anyone in Trat province got theirs yet ?

Had a minor dilemma when I landed at LAX today.  After I cleared Customs I walked into the arrivals area and noticed 4 people looking very bored at a table.  This table was the free J&J Covid 19 Vaccine station.  No one was getting inoculated at this table.  I almost got the J&J vaccine but though better of it.  Instead I picked up my rental car and drove to a CVS Pharmacy and got my first Pfizer dose 2 hours after arriving back in the United States.  CVS has a very quick and smooth process and the Pharmacist was cute as well.  Now I am drinking a bottle of $3 dollar wine which is very good.  21 more days and I get my second Pfizer jar.  So far no ill effects and even the arm does not hurt.  

Good night from Los Angeles.  One more thing:  Nothing was open at BKK Airport.  I had to buy a bottle of water at a vending machine.  On the other hand LAX was packed.  

14 hours ago, rabas said:

You early birds got 16 weeks delay. When I got my Phyathai-2 AZ, it was 12 weeks with talk of 8.  I asked the doctor about changing. She said if there are any changes, they will automatically reschedule and notify everyone. I did not have to do anything.

Still never a bad idea to call and talk. The problem is getting past unhelpful help desks.

The wife just rang them and was told yes changed to 12 wks,just turn up on the 1st sept same time,lucky she rang as no sms to tell us.

• Like 1

To my surprise I was actually called to come take the Pfizer vaccine. I'm 36 and don't have any underlying illnesses (beside a bit much coughing from smoking). Never asked or register for it. I did register for the Moderna that was scheduled for October. Anyway, I went there and took it, since the Moderna is probably not available before next year. I think it might be one of the friends of my wife who work in the medical field who signed me up, or do they perhaps gather information of foreigners from the immigration office? Not that it matter to me, I was just surprised to get the call from what seemed like out of nowhere.

Anyway. For people who may wonder. Side effects: Sore arm, headache and dizziness/feverish that went away after 2 days. I still feel a slight dizzy, but nothing to stop you from doing whatever you otherwise would be doing. All in all, the pain was minor, fever was minor, no big deal.

1 minute ago, HOAX said:

To my surprise I was actually called to come take the Pfizer vaccine. I'm 36 and don't have any underlying illnesses (beside a bit much coughing from smoking). Never asked or register for it. I did register for the Moderna that was scheduled for October. Anyway, I went there and took it, since the Moderna is probably not available before next year. I think it might be one of the friends of my wife who work in the medical field who signed me up, or do they perhaps gather information of foreigners from the immigration office? Not that it matter to me, I was just surprised to get the call from what seemed like out of nowhere.

Anyway. For people who may wonder. Side effects: Sore arm, headache and dizziness/feverish that went away after 2 days. I still feel a slight dizzy, but nothing to stop you from doing whatever you otherwise would be doing. All in all, the pain was minor, fever was minor, no big deal.

Maybe you got one of the 'didn't keep it quite cold enough' doses or an 'out of date' one that had to be used up? (only joking)

• Haha 1

Have completed the upcountry/poor folks vaccination :smile:

Jul 30, Sinovac

Aug 27, AstraZeneca

Registered based on the "pink card".

On the MorProm app/website I found the vaccination certificate/QR code today.

Likely doing at least one Moderna shot later in the year.

(should wait 3 months after AZ)

On 8/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, wwest5829 said:

Registered for Pfizer vaccine, Aug 2 at expatvac. All documents uploaded without problem, including Medical Certificate listing Cardiovascular disease. American, age 74. Received return email of successful registration ... then nothing. Registered here in Chiang Mai, CMCVR Aug, 23  reply with registration number.  And awaiting scheduling for vaccine.

McCormick will take you as a walk in two days this week. (For those 65 and above)

18 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

McCormick will take you as a walk in two days this week. (For those 65 and above)

Thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I see September 1 & 2. I supposedly have a “priority” appointment but could just be another way-in.

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I see September 1 & 2. I supposedly have a “priority” appointment but could just be another way-in.

It has also been announced that Promenada Mall will be taking walk-ins for Pfizer relieving some pressure from McCormick.

Registered on ExpatVac 1st August.. Only notification was my application was successful...

I live in Korat, 58 years old ..

Approximately 320 over 60s were contacted to attend Central last Tuesday for Pfizer.. 

Some guys on a local Expat group,who are over 60, who are registered, never received a notification.. and have contacted the support group at expatvac.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toston said:

As I was saying, more and more unvaccinated people fear the vaccinidiots who think that they are now safe and spread the virus. Wish them the worst to be such POS.

Vaccindiots !!!... loving the humour !! - I do agree with you. Anyone who takes the Vaccine (both shots) and then goes about their life with total disregard for everyone else risking transmission is a selfish idiot. 

But, does that mean all those who have taken the vaccine are idiots ?? 

Question for you: IF un-vaccinated people believe they do not need the vaccine what do they have to be fearful of ?????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Vaccindiots !!!... loving the humour !! - I do agree with you. Anyone who takes the Vaccine (both shots) and then goes about their life with total disregard for everyone else risking transmission is a selfish idiot. 

But, does that mean all those who have taken the vaccine are idiots ?? 

Question for you: IF un-vaccinated people believe they do not need the vaccine what do they have to be fearful of ?????

are you one of them to not understand that some people (very few) get sick with covid ?

so yes, I will not vaccinate because I am not sheep or cattle as most of real guys in this world, and even when wearing a mask every single second I am out I know that my biggest risk is with vaccinidiots who need a long covid and ICU to understand that their vaccine is BS.

I do not need a vaccine, I use my brain as almost 2 years already, and I will not get covid. Fucc the media and all the idiots who support all this BS.