Video: Policeman charged with murder after torture/extortion of drug suspect shocks Thailand

webfact

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I know, and I have seen it.  "Your honor, the suspect had Covid and was spitting on the officers" "He became combative and a bag was placed over his head" "He then had a seizure from the Covid and died".  Defense rests.

Nah. They don’t even count the actual COVID cases as real cases.  So they’re certainly not going to classify this one as COVID.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Suwat tried to limit the damage apologizing for the incident - one that he simply couldn't hide or deny due to the graphic nature of the video - saying that there were plenty of good cops as well as some bad apples. 

Silly comment.......we all know what happens when you put 'some bad apples' in a barrel of good ones!  I also think it should read 'plenty of bad cops as well as some good apples'.  Someone send him a copy of Serpico please!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocah is furious about the case and had ordered immediate action to protect the image of the police

I don't think they deserve to be called Royal Thai Police. Drop the ROYAL as it has unacceptable connotations. Put them in they right place as servants to the Thai people and ban brown paper envelopes sales in stores throughout Thailand

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

These police dont seem very bright to me they must have known there was video cam's in the room didnt they have any safe houses to take them too?

Videos in LOS are the in thing, it's the Facebook thing....????

• Like 1

The whereabouts of Police Colonel Thitisan Uthanaphon, Superintendent of Muang Nakhon Sawan Police Station, and two other police officers are still unknown. They are wanted in connection to the torture and murder of a drug suspect while in custody #Thailand #ผู้กำกับโจ้

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1430402448238075910

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Here is the full list of cars owned by disgraced Police Colonel Thitisan Uttanaphon which includes Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and nearly 30 other cars. His love of cars wasn’t a secret as his nickname is Joe Ferrari #ผู้กำกับโจ้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1430399582819602432

I guess crime does pay.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Bit strange that his transferred and not put in jail directly while the investigation is ongoing. The fact that he is on the run will probably mean he will never be found. The police does not like their dirty laundry out.

The police needs reforming and officers should be punished much harsher for corruption and stuff like this. As long as they can operate like this nobody will trust the police.

Firing squad is the only solution.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

What image ?

I was advised on my first trip here in 1991 that they were corrupt as <deleted>, and never to trust them, and things have never improved !

Would you like Thaksin back at the helms or who do you prefer?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1