Video: Policeman charged with murder after torture/extortion of drug suspect shocks Thailand

webfact

Four police officers are being questioned for their involvement into the alleged fatal extortion of money from a drug trafficking suspect. Former chief of the Muang Nakhon Sawan police station and the other suspect are still at large.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1430417505470750720

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Absolutely not, you know he was a police men (colonel) as well or did you forget where he learned all his dirty tricks.

That's new to me. I didn't know he was a policeman but Prayuth is a military man....

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocah is furious about the case and had ordered immediate action to protect the image of the police. 

a bit late - the image is plain to see, there's no taking that #### back

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering how they will treat the anti Government protestors if you see this. I knew already that they use there fists to investigate people, but this is a bit over the top. To clean the RTP there should be some policemen from abroad have to come to Thailand to educate them, as they did in Iraq after Saddam Hussein... 

cops are thugs, look at America

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

Back in the early 90s, my brother in law died in police custody in a Thai police station. He was a lovely guy. Nothing anybody could do back then. Suspicion was, he refused to talk.

Why did the police arrest him?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Bit strange that his transferred and not put in jail directly while the investigation is ongoing. The fact that he is on the run will probably mean he will never be found. The police does not like their dirty laundry out.

The police needs reforming and officers should be punished much harsher for corruption and stuff like this. As long as they can operate like this nobody will trust the police.

He is "on the run", why aren't all those in the room under arrest?

Just now, EricTh said:

Why did the police arrest him?

He was working as a drug mule running from the far north down to Bangkok. So yes, a dangerous activity, but very few employment opportunities, except in the local tobacco factory for 15 THB per day or whatever. My mother in law was simply contacted one day to come and collect her son's body. My wife and I were in England. Apart from the impotent rage I felt, it taught me that fear of the Thai authorities is, at times, your best friend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And here I was watching the news this morning as it was a major story and I thought to myself why not just say he died from Covid.  Why not say he was spitting so you threw the bag on his head, and then the news shows the forensic team all dressed in full PPE's and a covid response vehicle at the station, and I thought what are the odds that the police will be quarantined, the suspect found to have had Covid, and the case swept away.  Of course that's just my view, and would seem to align with all of the past practices by this country.....just saying.

Please don't serve them with solutions ????

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Here is the full list of cars owned by disgraced Police Colonel Thitisan Uttanaphon which includes Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and nearly 30 other cars. His love of cars wasn’t a secret as his nickname is Joe Ferrari #ผู้กำกับโจ้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1430399582819602432

Well if he has any sense, he will use the Honda Civc as his getaway car......the Lamborghini might be a bit of a giveaway when trying to stay low.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Being a ex-copper, he is going to have to watch his back with the other inmates once his lengthy prison sentence starts.

So this police chief or whatever he was drove a Lamborghini and lived way above his means and no one thought it suspicious or a bit odd!! being on the take for years and will never see the inside of a prison cell. He's out the country already and you probably wont hear about it again. The drug dealer offer 1 million but he wanted 2 million and was determined to get it...funny its all over Thai social media with the actual unedited video but not the news on here...

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Four police officers are being questioned for their involvement into the alleged fatal extortion of money from a drug trafficking suspect. Former chief of the Muang Nakhon Sawan police station and the other suspect are still at large.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1430417505470750720

The bosses just told them: You ididots, didn't you see the camera. We just lost a lot of money.