Video: Policeman charged with murder after torture/extortion of drug suspect shocks Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, LennyW said:

There are at least 7 officers involved in the murder of the suspect, all seven of them should be charged with murder.....not just "dismissed from the force"

And the so called "Doctor" who wrote the death certificate, aka lot's of BS?

• Like 2

Video sparks arrest of Thai police in drug suspect's death

Four Thai police officers charged with murder in connection with the deadly shakedown of a suspected drug dealer in custody have been arrested after a video clip of the incident shared on social...

washingtonpost.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/video-sparks-arrest-of-thai-police-in-drug-suspects-death/2021/08/25/c8b9c0e4-0599-11ec-b3c4-c462b1edcfc8_story.html

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

A post containing content that was in violation of the following forum rule has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A troll post has been removed. 

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

!Why does the mention of owning very expensive cars and being a drug suppression officer not surprise me.  Now we know where he got the money from!" 

Yes, we do, the same news source quoted his wife as being the hiso owner of a luxury car business 

Another news source shows that he at least owned the Lambo before his engagement party.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/sexy-star-may-pitchanart-marrying-lamborghini-driving-policeman/

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 1

If this lowlife accumulated 30 luxury vehicles you gotta wonder what the bloke who was 'protecting' him accumulated? 

Probably a fleet of 747s in the back garden.

And therein lies the problem, the murdering cop will be looking at death penalty and no doubt will be offered some deal in exchange for the next up the ladder!

The next couple up the 'greed ladder' might decide it wouldn't be a bad idea if he had a very long holiday never to be seen again!

A post with personal comments directed to another member has been removed as well as the replies:

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

Some posts with off topic comments and the replies have been removed. 

With covid, cops not raking in enough.  The guy on the video had his boss who was on his case to make more money, because the big boss was on the boss’s case to make more money, because the supreme boss was on the big boss’s case to make more money, because the super supreme boss was on the supreme boss’s case to make more money, and so on and so forth.  

It's a first choice advanced interrogation technique used by nasty boys around the world.

No marks on the victim makes cause of death difficult to ascertain.

Plastic bags are easy to find...

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Bit strange that his transferred and not put in jail directly while the investigation is ongoing. The fact that he is on the run will probably mean he will never be found. The police does not like their dirty laundry out.

The police needs reforming and officers should be punished much harsher for corruption and stuff like this. As long as they can operate like this nobody will trust the police.

come on you been in Thailand long enough to know that there's nothing strange about this at all. This is normal procedure. Get in trouble moved to inactive position.

It's been like this for decades, nothing is going to change, too much money for the higher ups!!

In  public they all condemn corruption, but behind the doors they count their money. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I showed this clip to my girlfriend, amd she answerred that this only show what was happening in that office.
But clips like these, there are hundreds of them.
They are hidden for the public, but Thai society knows about it.

Including other Police !

It's ealky sad that Thailand has never changed and things like this have been going on since before Thaksin Shinawatra times the government made a criminal investigation board that made it that the high ranks had to declare what assets they have and what  money in the bank. But they dont ever ask the question where the assets or money came from. High ranking officer may get 1.5 million baht a year salary but has 100 million baht of cars parked in the garage  come on you dont have to  be sherlock Holmes but then again the cars could have been a gift from a friend 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I showed this clip to my girlfriend, amd she answerred that this only show what was happening in that office.
But clips like these, there are hundreds of them.
They are hidden for the public, but Thai society knows about it.

Unfortunately she is right 

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And here I was watching the news this morning as it was a major story and I thought to myself why not just say he died from Covid.  Why not say he was spitting so you threw the bag on his head, and then the news shows the forensic team all dressed in full PPE's and a covid response vehicle at the station, and I thought what are the odds that the police will be quarantined, the suspect found to have had Covid, and the case swept away.  Of course that's just my view, and would seem to align with all of the past practices by this country.....just saying.

maybe they've used that excuse too many times and tried a new excuse that didn't work as well

The full video appears to be everywhere on social media right now

Full asset confiscation - everything they touched in their lifetimes plus 20 years in prison should be the minimum sentence here - for each time they've done this.

An investigation going back to the day they all started in the job is needed.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, smedly said:

every one of these evil #### that entered that room is complicit and they should all be charged with murder 

It is a good insite into how the police operate here - not only the police but also the medic involved - anyone wondering what happened on Koh Tao need look no further - every aspect of that investigation was twisted beyond belief 

shamful 

Even the one that released the video to the lawyer?

• Like 1