Video: Policeman charged with murder after torture/extortion of drug suspect shocks Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Chief of the Royal Thai police Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk has accepted that the clip is real and wants all concerned dismissed from the force.

Let's not go nuts. 

They only murdered a member of the public while attempting to further extort him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fangless said:

From another news scource;

"

Pol Col Thitisan, alias Jo Ferrari, was a student at the Royal Police Cadet Academy (class 57).

His alias came from the fact that he owned many sports cars, including a Lamborghini limited-edition Aventador LP 720-4 50 Anniversary special. He was reportedly the first Thai to own this car.

Regarded as one of the best drug suppression officers,"

Why does the mention of owning very expensive cars and being a drug suppression officer not surprise me.

Now we know where he got the money from!  Why didn't his bosses guess?

Well you have to admire his taste in cars but it seems his morals are questionable !

• Haha 2

"

Pol Col Thitisan, alias Jo Ferrari, was a student at the Royal Police Cadet Academy (class 57).

His alias came from the fact that he owned many sports cars, including a Lamborghini limited-edition Aventador LP 720-4 50 Anniversary special. He was reportedly the first Thai to own this car.

Why does the mention of owning very expensive cars and being a drug suppression officer not surprise me.

P.C.Thitisan is regarded as one of the best drug supression officers  -should we be happy or horrified ! 

• Like 2

Just now, Jim1000 said:

P.C.Thitisan is regarded as one of the best drug supression officers  -should we be happy or horrified ! 

It depends on if it is the car dealership or the police talking!

"

!Why does the mention of owning very expensive cars and being a drug suppression officer not surprise me.  Now we know where he got the money from!" 

Yes, we do, the same news source quoted his wife as being the hiso owner of a luxury car business 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Here is the full list of cars owned by disgraced Police Colonel Thitisan Uttanaphon which includes Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and nearly 30 other cars. His love of cars wasn’t a secret as his nickname is Joe Ferrari #ผู้กำกับโจ้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1430399582819602432

One of the perks of being married to the owner of a luxury car business.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

What image ?

I was advised on my first trip here in 1991 that they were corrupt as <deleted>, and never to trust them, and things have never improved !

But they have got a lot worse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering how they will treat the anti Government protestors if you see this. I knew already that they use there fists to investigate people, but this is a bit over the top. To clean the RTP there should be some policemen from abroad have to come to Thailand to educate them, as they did in Iraq after Saddam Hussein... 

“A bit over the top.” This is murder combined with torture…..what are you looking at?

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

How stupid must you be to commit murder with video cameras operating? Answer: Really stupid. 
Makes one wonder how many times this was done before.

You would think a good investigator would look in to other such deaths in that police station

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bradiston said:
1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Why did the police arrest him?

He was working as a drug mule running from the far north down to Bangkok. So yes, a dangerous activity, but very few employment opportunities, except in the local tobacco factory for 15 THB per day or whatever. My mother in law was simply contacted one day to come and collect her son's body. My wife and I were in England. Apart from the impotent rage I felt, it taught me that fear of the Thai authorities is, at times, your best friend.

It didn't teach you that his being involved in trafficking drugs because he wouldn't work like most people do was not a good idea?

Edited by Liverpool Lou