Thai Baht improves this week?

peter48

9 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

HiSo's have a continuing need for the latest and greatest western cars, you know.

Dont forget the latest Iphone is coming out!

I figured if anything would get the boys motivated to do something would be when the baht started to slip..

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:
19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The Thai Baht cannot rise against one other currency and not the rest of them. It's all or nothing (unless one of the other ones fall of course, which can happen)

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

Yes it can! Currencies often move independent of each other for their own reasons. To ascertain a single currency’s performance it’s measured (and averaged) against a set basket of currencies.

I was trying to keep it simple. The O/P doesn't seem to be clued up on currency movements. ????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, david555 said:

But that does not explain baht wins also on € & Pound and other currencies

I have noticed that the baht strengthens whenever the Cvirus statistics go up and weakens when things improve a bit, things are easing off a little bit now, so the baht is getting stronger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shackleton said:

I would think the pound to the American Dollar is the key a few months. Back $1.43. This week $1.37.50

The pound hovering around this price range hopefully not heading south 

In the coming days / weeks 

Yes , over the yrs I have heard & read the pound/dollar rate is quite important in deciding pound/baht rate. But this view of course minimises the state of Thailand as with  Covid figures & worryingly very low vaccine rates  but I guess Thailand has currency reserves etc 

10 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

if you don't want comments, why would you post? 

where do i write i don't like comments ....?????

Contrary ....as else i can not re-react ????

More like you do not like a comment seeing your reaction on my line ????

Edited by david555

7 hours ago, Presnock said:

I am no expert when it comes to  currency fluctuations but I also think logically and can look at

past data based on my many years here in LOS.  I notice that for the most part, at the end of one

month and the first few days of the following month, the local currency gets strong so foreign

currencies can't get as good an exchange.  Then as the month moves on, the local currency will

dive again until near the end of that month.  This has been happening more often than not.  I also

figure that most ex-pats would be transferring monies upon receipt from funds/organizations at

the beginning of each month vice changing funds throughout the month.  But, like I said I am no

expert but it looks to me like someone might be fudging the numbers for local currency strength.

I read somewhere sometime back that Thailand is considered a monetary manipulator. I have nothing solid to verify. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shackleton said:

I would think the pound to the American Dollar is the key a few months. Back $1.43. This week $1.37.50

The pound hovering around this price range hopefully not heading south 

In the coming days / weeks 

Quite.  Following the financial crisis in the 90s Thailand put a lot of it's reserves into USD so wherever the dollar goes the baht will follow.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Quite.  Following the financial crisis in the 90s Thailand put a lot of it's reserves into USD so wherever the dollar goes the baht will follow.

no ! , more  like.... :" only  married for better .... not for worse..." ????

Edited by david555

On 8/26/2021 at 4:12 PM, sandyf said:

But, seeing the highly likely prospect of the US attempting to inflate its debt away sooner rather than later, Thailand, and a few other places with strong USD reserves, is actively buying gold in order to decouple the Baht from the dollar to protect it when the latter takes its inevitable crash.

image.png.b5e5efcb5766286583b624ee2ac7f2a0.png

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1

it is going the good direction for my baht to change €....???? but not yet good enough yet  ,.... come on Teflon baht up to the previous Thai covid 19 disaster 36/35 To € rating 

2021-08-30_164305.png

Edited by david555