Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, sallecc said:

Any mention of domestic flights opening (HKT<>BKK particularly)? I used the search function but couldn't check all 15 pages of this thread ???? (Bloomberg said that domestic flights opening is included in this new set of relaxing rules)

I for one ( and a few others ) would like to know the same . The " Sandbox rules " state that you are free to travel around Thailand after your 14 days free of covid tests but How the xxxx are you supposed to travel without provincial flights , buses or trains .  

This must also be hurting Thai business people who use the interprovincial flights on a regular basis . As long as every passenger has proof of compliant vaccinations , there should not be a problem because there are still international flights coming to Thailand , with many more passengers than local flights , and lots of returning expats wishing to join their families .  I wonder if they know about the lack of internal Thai flights . Imagine , sandbox in Phuket and after 14 days then want to get to Chiang Mai  to your family etc .  TAXI   ? joke 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:14 PM, Trujillo said:

"Authorities asked business operators to ensure service staff are fully vaccinated and regularly tested with antigen kits, and to require customers to show proof of vaccination and negative tests."

Am I wrong in thinking that it is illegal to force an employee to take a drug they do not want to take or else face pay deductions or dismissal? 

I believe you are incorrect, though I admit I don't know the Thai law on that.

In the US the courts have let stand vaccination mandates in several instances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, club said:

This just proves that this 14 day quarantine is nothing but scam to suck money out Foreigners and Thai citizens. 1 negative test, 72 hours before you fly and prove of full vaccination should be more then enough to stop this ridiculous scam.   

75 positive cases from the Phuket sandbox so far. 

it would be interesting to see the positive results in terms of time, would a 7 day quarantine have caught all of them, or were some positives detected more than 10 days out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

it would be interesting to see the positive results in terms of time, would a 7 day quarantine have caught all of them, or were some positives detected more than 10 days out?

75 out of 20,000 people is not bad. Its actually less then 0.5% 

59 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What is very concerning is that there are now fake vaccine certs being sold on the web and being used in Asian and middle eastern countries , the report said . Also the fakers are able to gain access to the data system soas to make a cert check up look authentic . I did not read about the UK NHS app getting hijacked .

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

As a business owner she should know that a business can register their employers for the vaccine at the social security office for quite a while already.  

Already registered and waiting  for 2 months  now, next solution?

Edited by Almer
Spell

So as few others suggest....this vaccinated requirement for customers will not be enforced. 

How does this change things for all the street food vendors.

Many have seating most open air.

The couple that my gf has spoken to think that customers can sit and eat as from Sept 1. 

When I mention vaccination the gf just states the usual....."why farang so stupid"

• Like 1

So even after days of this unclear reporting, does anyone have an understanding if the vax certificate is applied to dine in only or all the other reopening businesses? It's still not stated clearly, which is unbelievable. Parks and malls are opening in 2 days and we still don't know for sure who can get in??

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

So even after days of this unclear reporting, does anyone have an understanding if the vax certificate is applied to dine in only or all the other reopening businesses?

The gf just booked eyelash for Sept 1 at her usual joint.

That salon is in a Fortune town.

The gf not vaccinated. 

BTW, IMO the vax certificate will not be required for dine in.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

The gf just booked eyelash for Sept 1 at her usual joint.

That salon is in a Fortune town.

The gf not vaccinated. 

So the only way to know is to try haha. It's too bizarre why they can't just make it clear.  Seems to me that if everyone can go everywhere freely then the anti-vaxxers are the winners of this situation. If dine in is really the only place where a certificate is required, then it pretty much doesn't limit the vaccination haters from living normally. I'm fine with that but just quite the opposite to Europe.

18 hours ago, madmen said:

No offense but you wrote your post like it was absolute fact when your wife works in just the one resteraunt out of thousands. 

I'm sure that the general restrictions re opening hours, take away only and restricted seating provisions applied,at those times (not now) to ALL restaurants. 

But as far as mandatory vax and PCR tests for staff were concerned, it was/is a personal choice of the restaurant owner I guess.

I was just pointing out one typical example of.one quite large restaurant group who adopted these measures. Vax or bye bye. 

Other Thai friends of hers working in other establishments reported the same.

Earlier on there were some reported bad cluster outbreaks in certain restaurants, which were subsequently closed for weeks on end. 

I think the savvy owners didn't want to lose valuable staff, even though patrons can come in unvaccinated,  unmasked (eating) and possibly spread the virus around.

All a bit crazy really when it's so simple to go and get a vaccine there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superal said:

What is very concerning is that there are now fake vaccine certs being sold on the web and being used in Asian and middle eastern countries , the report said . Also the fakers are able to gain access to the data system soas to make a cert check up look authentic . I did not read about the UK NHS app getting hijacked .

That you don't read it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, here 2 examples of thousands of breaches in the UK:

Public Health Wales breaches 18,000 coronavirus patients’ data (itgovernance.co.uk)

Newcastle University becomes latest ransomware victim (itgovernance.co.uk)

On 8/27/2021 at 3:55 PM, Will B Good said:

I'm jabbed, wife isn't.

But it seems I am still not allowed to go to a restaurant. Work that one out!

I hope you are not enjoying congugal relations without masks!

Just kidding! ????

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Can anyone confirm if book stores are allowed to open at the moment?

And at the same time if someone can confirm anything at this time, would be great to know if shops in malls are allowing to take in only Green or Yellow card holders or everyone??

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

And at the same time if someone can confirm anything at this time, would be great to know if shops in malls are allowing to take in only Green or Yellow card holders or everyone??

You won't need cards.

19 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

So thats your plan? The world stays closed until 7.9 BILLION people are vaccinated? Have you REALLY thought this through? HAVE ANY OF YOU? 

Yes. The Martians will just bypass the earth with its Covid issues. They didn’t shop much anyway.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You won't need cards.

Where did you get that info? I haven't seen any confirmation if all of the reopening businesses and services need vax certificate or just dine in. It's not stated anywhere so it seems like everyone is only guessing.