Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thai Government Eases COVID-19 Restrictions on Certain Businesses and Activities

e5a9105b825bd606973bfc4add3dede3_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has eased COVID-19 restrictions on certain businesses and activities, including restaurants, shopping malls, beauty salons, massage parlors and parks in “dark red” zones from 1 September.

CCSA assistant spokeswoman Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said indoor air-conditioned restaurants will be allowed to resume dine-in services at 50% capacity, while those without air conditioning can resume dine-in services at 75% capacity. Management, staff and customers must be fully vaccinated or have negative results from weekly COVID-19 antigen tests.

Meanwhile, malls, shopping centers, community malls, convenience stores and similar establishments will be able to open until 8pm. However, all staff must be double-inoculated and undergo regular antigen tests. Beauty salons, barbers and massage shops will be permitted to open, but massage shops may only provide foot massages. Parks, sports fields, stadia and outdoor exercise places can open.

Dr. Apisamai said restrictions on air travel will also be lifted, but passengers must present vaccine certificates showing at least one dose, as well as a negative test result. Public transport vehicles can occupy 75% of the seating capacity.

She added that the easing of these COVID-19 restrictions on businesses in the 29 “dark red” provinces are an effort to adjust COVID-19 control measures to improve the balance between public health safety and economic rehabilitation.

nnt.jpg

That looks like my kind of restaurant. More than happy with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

So thats your plan? The world stays closed until 7.9 BILLION people are vaccinated? Have you REALLY thought this through? HAVE ANY OF YOU? 

As opposed to letting children die, yeah. 

Your plan isn't so good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Cute but grossly oversimplified. Vaccines and mitigation measures aren't meant to offer perfect solutions. 

Ergo the satire and Oy Vey...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thai Government Eases COVID-19 Restrictions on Certain Businesses and Activities

e5a9105b825bd606973bfc4add3dede3_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has eased COVID-19 restrictions on certain businesses and activities, including restaurants, shopping malls, beauty salons, massage parlors and parks in “dark red” zones from 1 September.

CCSA assistant spokeswoman Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said indoor air-conditioned restaurants will be allowed to resume dine-in services at 50% capacity, while those without air conditioning can resume dine-in services at 75% capacity. Management, staff and customers must be fully vaccinated or have negative results from weekly COVID-19 antigen tests.

nnt.jpg

So if you turn off the air con you have potential of more customers.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

So if you turn off the air con you have potential of more customers.

I wondered that?

Presumably the argument is, recirculating the air via the aircon is more likely to spread the virus? Some logic in that I guess.

1 hour ago, Dick Z said:

Look at it from the bright side. Darwin would have a field day. Following the laws of evolution the average IQ of the world population will go up a few points as more and more anti-vaxers pay the price for their stupid beliefs.

Let's just hope they haven't spawned yet; otherwise, Darwinism won't work in this case (it'll be too late!)

Red - Not vaccinated

Yellow - infected but recovered

Green - Fully vaccinated

How about those partially infected with just one shot? Are they considered red?

Shouldn't those fully infected but recovered be considered green because they got the real virus and not the weak virus?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How the helll do they even think about applying these rubbish rules, if they are not able to offer quality vaccines now to everybody, like in a 1st world country ? Only and only if there's an oversupply of quality vaccines available, they may maybe start thinking of applying these highly racist rules. W-anchors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Reminds me of a summer I spent in Maine. At the time I think 90% of the people there smoked, but the restaurants had to have a non smoking table. Can you imagine being a non-smoker sitting at the one non-smoking table in a room full of smokers. What was worse is that the non smoking table sign would be moved around as the smoking clients would request the table, until all the tables were full and then the sign would disappear into the kitchen.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Can you imagine being a non-smoker sitting at the one non-smoking table in a room full of smokers.

Seems that you did not use commercial aircraft in the days when the seats to rear of aircraft were for smoking.

• Like 1

Any mention of domestic flights opening (HKT<>BKK particularly)? I used the search function but couldn't check all 15 pages of this thread ???? (Bloomberg said that domestic flights opening is included in this new set of relaxing rules)

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:50 AM, 2long said:

Total <deleted>n madness.

Many families won't ALL be double jabbed.

Many people are waiting for a jab, as am I.

Can they really rely on restaurant owners to turn people away or judge who to let in?

I hope and wait for the flop after the flip... or to read that many people say 'my green card is in the post/mail' and get entry.

More important, who is going to handle those who physically object to being turned away? The bus girl? Muay Thai lessons for her pronto!

• Like 1

Oh stop panicking..... they can't even make people sign in or scan the QR Code to get into malls, so checking for vaccination cards is hardly going to fly...... most people I know are only vaxed once anyhow.... they aren't going to stop them shopping!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, elgenon said:

More important, who is going to handle those who physically object to being turned away? The bus girl? Muay Thai lessons for her pronto!

In the UK I asked a guy waiting to be served in a pharmacy " Why are you not wearing your mask ? " ( shop poster requested all who enter to wear a mask ) , he chuckled and fobbed me off .  The assistant asked him for proof of non conformity , he then pulled a mask from his pocket and put it on . This was a senior man who must have seen the large notice outside of the shop but chose to ignore it and my polite reminder , So no excuse , should the police be called and have him fined ? None of us like wearing masks but why be an antagonist ? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, apetryxx said:

Will someone please explain to me how I go about this. I went to the U.S. for a month and received the Johnson & Johnson vaccination. Returned to Thailand a little over two weeks ago and underwent the totally unnecessary quarantine and am now home with my fully vaccinated family. Where does one get one of these color coded cards? Complicated process that makes no sense as usual. This government is a soup sandwich.

This is hard to take as the government approved J&J vaccines a while back. So what next 14 days quarantine for only having 2 Pfizer jabs without the booster?

3 hours ago, sallecc said:

Any mention of domestic flights opening (HKT<>BKK particularly)? I used the search function but couldn't check all 15 pages of this thread ???? (Bloomberg said that domestic flights opening is included in this new set of relaxing rules)

You would have to really want to get somewhere to get on an airplane with 100 others right now.

I’m not an alarmist like so many but I just wouldn’t do it…at least not yet!

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

This is hard to take as the government approved J&J vaccines a while back. So what next 14 days quarantine for only having 2 Pfizer jabs without the booster?

This just proves that this 14 day quarantine is nothing but scam to suck money out Foreigners and Thai citizens. 1 negative test, 72 hours before you fly and prove of full vaccination should be more then enough to stop this ridiculous scam.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems that you did not use commercial aircraft in the days when the seats to rear of aircraft were for smoking.

It didn't matter where you were, light em up. My sister told the story of her family doctor with a cig hanging in his mouth during exam.

• Like 1