Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

to ensure service staff are fully vaccinated and regularly tested with antigen kits, and to require customers to show proof of vaccination and negative tests.

Oh really, but not, in my opinion, with local "Ma & Pa" family run businesses out in the sticks - almost impossible to check and police!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

whys everyone moaning? it will be the usual.... they do it for about two weeks and then you will be able to go into restaurants unchallenged. which im all for. 

2 weeks?!? More like 2 days or 2 hours. 2 weeks is giving them WAY too much credibility! :vampire:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Why would the companies that have produced life saving vaccines need immunity from prosecution?

shouldn’t people who falsely claim the vaccines are dangerous be prosecuted?

Because those companies knew what was coming.

No, people who speak the truth shall not be prosecuted. Oh, you haven't read the truth in your favorite mediavirus newspaper. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xonax said:

As long as unvaccinated people stay at home, the vaccinated can only transfer the virus to other vaccinated people, which means a much smaller chance of hospitalization or death.

As long as old people stay at home, the young can only transfer the virus to other young people, which means a much smaller chance of hospitalization or death.

Edited by James105
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My Thai wife got an SMS today inviting her to call a number to get vaccinated with Sinovac and Astra Zeneca within 2 days or her chance would be gone. She is 41 years old.

May we now regard this as desirous and helpful or how would the knowledgeable crowd here classify that ?

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Why would the companies that have produced life saving vaccines need immunity from prosecution?

shouldn’t people who falsely claim the vaccines are dangerous be prosecuted?

WE don’t know long term vaccine effects yet. That very fact makes these companies stay well away from signing anything. If they end the world with their product they’d preferably like to keep producing more products. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, realfunster said:

Not entirely sure what the table in the OP means. 

If there are going to be restrictions based on vaccination status, that will be a pisser as I have got a fairly long wait for my 2nd AZ shot.

Perhaps I would have been better off picking the much quicker administered Sinovac vaccine instead ? If I had I would be a proud ‘green card’ holder about 1 month ago, instead of having 6 weeks to wait. 

Anyway, if they reopen parks to all next week, I will be happy enough for now !

And what about quarantine for folks arriving from low positive case numbers zones with large 70 / 80% of citizens had 2 and some even 3 vaccinations?

There's several reports that other countries are reducing/cancelling quarantine on arrival in situations above, and some changing the tests needed to mostly quick response tests.

Seems to me there will be strong internal pressure inside Thailand to reduce quarantine for vaccinated foreigners as a way to encourage large numbers of arriving tourists. 

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

As long as old people stay at home, the young can only transfer the virus to other young people, which means a much smaller chance of hospitalization or death.

As long as unhealthy and unfit people stay home...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

As long as unhealthy and unfit people stay home...

Plus pregnant women, those who are obese, high blood pressure, those with asthma and the other numerous underlying illnesses that make them vulnerable.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Plus pregnant women, those who are obese, those with asthma and the other numerous underlying illnesses that make them vulnerable.

Agreed ..but these basically fit into "unhealthy and/or unfit". Guess it should include "at risk". 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Card said:

So how do we get into supermarkets located inside malls, something we can do now, unless we are double vaxed?

Very well spotted. And because I am inside the mall its only a small step for moogradod to enter any shop that is open. My experience is that the entrances to Central Festival are very well guarded - the young employee in charge at the entrance from the parking seems to get nearly a heart attack if he sees a farang approaching......but the shops inside..... ?

• Like 1

If there are going to be restrictions based on vaccination status, that will be a pisser as I have got a fairly long wait for my 2nd AZ shot.

Perhaps I would have been better off picking the much quicker administered Sinovac vaccine instead ? If I had I would be a proud ‘green card’ holder about 1 month ago, instead of having 6 weeks to wait. 

Anyway, if they reopen parks to all next week, I will be happy enough for now !

Exactly! How could anyone understand what this means. It doesn't state clearly that you need to be fully vaxed to enter all of the reopening services. Today they just keep repeating this same news without the most important detail. On Twitter nobody seems to be sure who can go to the parks or malls on Sep 1. Even Richard Barrow doesn't have an answer yet haha. What a mess they can make out of simple thing. Most news sites only mention that you need to have a vax certificate to dine in but what about the other places. Hardly they're going to ask for it to go to the park?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Exactly! How could anyone understand what this means. It doesn't state clearly that you need to be fully vaxed to enter all of the reopening services. Today they just keep repeating this same news without the most important detail. On Twitter nobody seems to be sure who can go to the parks or malls on Sep 1. Even Richard Barrow doesn't have an answer yet haha. What a mess they can make out of simple thing. Most news sites only mention that you need to have a vax certificate to dine in but what about the other places. Hardly they're going to ask for it to go to the park?

Then there's this article today, which far as I can determine, mentions nothing about customers being vaxed...only staff. 

Pattaya Mail: Pattaya restaurants, malls, salons can conditionally reopen on September 1.
https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-restaurants-malls-salons-can-conditionally-reopen-on-september-1-369458

Edited by Skeptic7

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Easing restrictions and adjusting measures were necessary to revive the economy safely, the task force said.

I disagree. What easing restrictions does, is it allows the people to go back to work, it ends the sabotage of their lives, and it ends the pain and hunger. Let's be honest about this. The restrictions have been highly selective, punitive, relatively ineffective, and draconian, at best. 

I don't see it like this. For instance in the Central Mall in Pattaya they found very many employees with Covid. The whole mall was then closed for desinfection. I think locations and businesses that can spread the virus need special regulations. If these businesses don't understand this they should not be allowed to open. For instance one restaurant that acts like a bar without caring about regulations can produce many sick people. We had such cases. And others had to pay  - financially and with their health or even life. This is not acceptable. 

• Like 2