Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Then there's this article today, which far as I can determine, mentions nothing about customers being vaxed...only staff. 

Pattaya Mail: Pattaya restaurants, malls, salons can conditionally reopen on September 1.
https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-restaurants-malls-salons-can-conditionally-reopen-on-september-1-369458

I mean seriously what an absolute circus this is becoming. 3 days to go before these new rules come into effect and nobody knows if you need to be vaxed to get into a mall or park etc. Are they making it unclear purposely or what??

Also, many of us who got our jabs abroad are waiting for the info how to get the Green card. Should be simple as it's already used to enter the sandbox, but I bet they can manage to make a complicated issue about that too.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, moogradod said:

My Thai wife got an SMS today inviting her to call a number to get vaccinated with Sinovac and Astra Zeneca within 2 days or her chance would be gone. She is 41 years old.

May we now regard this as desirous and helpful or how would the knowledgeable crowd here classify that ?

They have now dropped to the 40+ ages now for vaccination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

This interests those who have recovered from Covid and is more effective in preventing the Delta than Pfizer shots.
So can those who have recovered from Covid can have green pass as well?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-27/previous-covid-prevents-delta-infection-better-than-pfizer-shot

No they get a yellow card according to the graphic.

In Hong Kong restaurants and bars etc went through the Covid dance....first fully open, then closed, then takeaways only (limited hours) then open again with limited seating. 

But now,  all staff must be vaccinated, back to fully open (with alcohol served) and bustling business. 

Only about 30% of HK vaccinated (free and choice of Sinovac or Pfizer)

But no checking if customers are vaxed or not. 

They just risk it, but weekly infections only around 1 or 2.

Strict entry restrictions and 21 days quarantine except from a few places like Oz and NZ.

So, customers are happy (Honkies eat out a lot...lunch and dinner ) restaurant and bar owners happy, staff happy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, intergs said:

Who is going to cook and serve you in a restaurant, I bet they will not find any staff which is fully vaccinated as required!????

I bet they can find plenty with bits of paper that say they are double vaccinated...555

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Required because of idiot anti-vaxxers, who are dying from Covid, as some sort of protest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Yes, those HORRIBLE 92 % plus of the people in this country....they are ROTTEN APPLES the lot of them!! Making the nasty little virus change.....LETS GIVE THEM ALL SPECIAL COLORS TO WEAR AND STOP THEM EATING IN RESTAURANTS!!!......hang on....

I am not talking about Thailand, where people stand in line for their shot. 

The OP was talking about booster shots in the US, required because of idiot anti-Vaxxers. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"Authorities asked business operators to ensure service staff are fully vaccinated and regularly tested with antigen kits, and to require customers to show proof of vaccination and negative tests."

Am I wrong in thinking that it is illegal to force an employee to take a drug they do not want to take or else face pay deductions or dismissal? 

You don't have to force them, you can sack them if they don't want to take it and i think that people who don't care about others have no place in a proper company.

Edited by FritsSikkink

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sometimes I visit a restaurant if I have visitors, normally once or twice a year, they may stay for a month so that's multiple visits.

No visitors, no restaurants and I'm certainly not getting visitors from abroad these days.

I like a few beers down some pub every now and again (like once or twice every couple of weeks) but since they closed all the bars I haven't missed it at all so for all I care they can close it all down, open it up, whatever they want - I literally don't give a <deleted> and even when they do open it up - if there's hoops to jump through - I won't be bothering.

With 2 visits a year i doubt somebody will miss you. I go on a daily basis

Show proof?  How?  No forgeries or fakes in Thailand?  Okaaaay.  This "relaxation" will not do much for the tourist dollars becasue with the current quarantine and travel rules, millions of tourists will not be coming.  Relaxing shopping rules inside the fence does not do much if people don't come through the gate

• Like 1

Good thinking Batman.

Closed my bar business down (ruined) when 14 cases a day & no deaths.

Now we have nearly 20,000 cases a day & 200+ deaths a day the big boys are allowed to open their 

businesses, must have been some leg pulling 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Almer said:

Business owners are asked to make sure there staff are fully vaccinated, so how does my wife get her 6 Issan girls vaccinated so they can return to work in BKK, it is about time these idiots grow up before total despair sets in, do the gov really expect businesses to stay closed if there staff aren't vaccinated, bliddy morons.

As a business owner she should know that a business can register their employers for the vaccine at the social security office for quite a while already.  

38 minutes ago, at15 said:

Your exposing yourself as a sheeple , sheeple worry about laws and rules. Non sheeple go by their own laws and rules. Everything is fine besides some story your telling yourself out of fear. Do you live in thailand? nothing has happened since march 2020. A face mask as a chin strap in the rare instance i go into a lotus/big c type venue otherwise business as usual.

555 right...NOT.

Enjoyed a bar lately? Tried getting on a domestic flight lately? Or a air-con bus? Or train? Tried dining in a restaurant in BKK, Chon Buri or other "Deep Red BS Zone" lately? Tried getting a beer or glass of wine with your dine-in lately? Can't even swim in the Condo pool here. :mfr_closed1:

Happy you're enjoying your sedentary existence in your alternate universe, but here in reality...things are not anything even close to approaching "usual". :cheesy:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, let me get this straight. We are now heading toward not needing one....not two...shots but possible boosters every 5 months??? So, HOW THE HELL does the world catch up with this vaccination program??? The goat herder in Kazakhstan....has he even had his first? I foresee   supply issue if they want to totally vaxx the world.....That goat herder is being put at risk right? First world fat people get the jabs....he comes last......

Hows this for an idea? How about starting to take treatments more seriously???? IF Covid is as infectious as they say, the world will get it, we all will, eventually . How about seriously looking at early treatments for the INEVITABLE patients that will KEEP coming over the next few years? That poor Kazakhstani goat herder may not have access to a fancy vaccine that needs to be handled with care....a tablet? Now, that is a different kettle of fish. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1