Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, apetryxx said:

Will someone please explain to me how I go about this. I went to the U.S. for a month and received the Johnson & Johnson vaccination. Returned to Thailand a little over two weeks ago and underwent the totally unnecessary quarantine and am now home with my fully vaccinated family. Where does one get one of these color coded cards? Complicated process that makes no sense as usual. This government is a soup sandwich.

555 Welcome back to LOS! Land of Soup. ????

12 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"Authorities asked business operators to ensure service staff are fully vaccinated and regularly tested with antigen kits, and to require customers to show proof of vaccination and negative tests."

Am I wrong in thinking that it is illegal to force an employee to take a drug they do not want to take or else face pay deductions or dismissal? 

Not sure about Thai law but several Western countries apparently allow it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SooKee said:

And yet something ELSE introduced into the mix.  Green and yellow cards for fully vaccinated / recovered customers.  Did they form a 'Make this as complicated as possible' Committee?

How long before we get light green, green and dark green cards?  Turqouise maybe?

agreed what do u expect from a bunch of corrupt halfwits?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Almer said:

Business owners are asked to make sure there staff are fully vaccinated, so how does my wife get her 6 Issan girls vaccinated so they can return to work in BKK, it is about time these idiots grow up before total despair sets in, do the gov really expect businesses to stay closed if there staff aren't vaccinated, bliddy morons.

Total despair (and worse) has already taken it's toll because of the incessant and consistently terrible decisions and overreactions of this moronic cuntry. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

ive had 2 shots.i wish to protect myself and others,comply,ive done that.so wheres my card?is it in the post,do we apply for it?where?this is more of this unreal incompetence.so card please!!!i suggest that they give all the info not just a bit to annoy you

If u got vaccinated in Thailand the Health Department app More Prom has or will send u the certificate of vaccination that happens to be Green. That is your Green Card.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Open for 7% of population ????

A sure way to see further bankruptcies and permanent closures. Restuarants and shops employ staff to serve a maximum of 7%. How do they come up with these stupid ideas one after another? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

Will someone please explain to me how I go about this. I went to the U.S. for a month and received the Johnson & Johnson vaccination. Returned to Thailand a little over two weeks ago and underwent the totally unnecessary quarantine and am now home with my fully vaccinated family. Where does one get one of these color coded cards? Complicated process that makes no sense as usual. This government is a soup sandwich.

And we still undergo the totally unnecessary expensive quarantine for 14 nights vs a reasonable 7 days or less if FULLY vaccinated.  Its not you will be giving covid. Maybe receiving .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lks7689 said:

Maybe I can share with you the numbers in Singapore where we are about 80% total vaxed with almost entirely by mrna vaccines(minor % took sinovac out of personal or allergy reasons). August is the deadliest month with 18 deaths(total so far 55). Only 1 of the 18 (or 55 for that matter) was fully vaccinated, he was 90 with other health issues. Almost all of the 18 were in the vulnerable category (elderly with other health conditions). 

Singapore has one of the highest life expectancy in the world with competent health care so it could be the reason why death rates is lower. But from the small numbers we can still observe vaccines help prevent deaths although it doesn't really stop infection. I think the recent death spike is due to Delta, which is the predominant strain here. 

I'm sharing here so for those still in doubt of being vaxed, please reconsider especially if you are in the vulnerable group. And to a lesser extent, you get the picture that covid is not going away anytime soon. The way forward is to vaccinate, reduce deaths and continue life. 

The issue here really is not the desire or non-desire to be vaxxed. It is the nonsensical and totalitarian requirement for restaurants to see your "vaccine papers" before you are allowed to eat in their business. First of all here in Thailand - there is no anti-vaxxer movement and demand for vaccines is exceeding the supply.

I want to be fully vaxxed and so does my family but it is now almost September and we are still waiting and we have no idea when quality vaccines will be available to us. For the government to mandate this medical apartheid - especially at a time when over 90% of the country is not fully vaxxed - is discriminatory, unfair, and not rational(but what the government does in Thailand rarely is). Restaurants and customers did just fine with normal precautions since March of last year until they were forcibly shut down. Did Thailand have any "super spreader" events coming from restaurants? I don't recall any. This is simply a knee-jerk reaction that has no benefit economically to these businesses that desperately need any income they can get.

You will now have 2 different scenarios:

Restaurants that ignore this stupidity and accept all customers will begin to recover financially.

Restaurants that discriminate will see very few or maybe zero customers and be forced to close again due to lack of business.

Since I want to be vaccinated, but cannot due to the lack of supply - I will be eating in restaurants that do not discriminate - and no I am not in fear of catching a virus from other non-vaccinated diners.

Edited by calbts2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Where do you get these cards?

I thought this was all going to based on your Mor Prom app?

How are we going to get these cards? I already had my vaccinated certificate, do I still need to apply for green or yellow card?

lol

12 hours ago, smedly said:

I think an earlier poster summed it up pretty well

Thailand is adopting what a lot of countries in the west are doing but the big difference is vaccine deployment, introducing rules based on the fully vaccinated,  when the reality is Thailand is nowhere near that point - creating rules based on vaccine status when they have failed to provide the effective vaccines is an affront to 90% of the population - but hey lets see where this ends up

You have all but got the plot . I think it goes without saying that the remaining 10% of the population are the well heeled and the first to be considered ( I choose my words carefully ) . Why on earth do expats living in Thailand even think they will get treatment anywhere near to that of their western mother country ?

I for one cannot understand why those expats who could afford it , did not return to their mother country to receive the approved jabs but instead keep on barking about the underperformance of an emerging country .Whatever happened in the past , ref; vaccine procurement , is long gone and for the time being those that remain in Thailand will have accept the Thai ways and bite the bullet .

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

How are we going to get these cards? I already had my vaccinated certificate, do I still need to apply for green or yellow card?

lol

That's how it reads, but people are saying the More Porm app will do instead! 

Bearing in mind this is only the Friday policy.

Let's see what the Saturday and Sunday policies look like.

• Haha 1

Well lookee here -

In a new article just posted online from a publication we are not allowed to link to here - it seems the restaurants agree with me and many others - this new "directive" is a non starter. These businesses will not open under these illogical conditions. 

It says that Thais love freedom - thank god there is a ray of hope.

50 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

If u got vaccinated in Thailand the Health Department app More Prom has or will send u the certificate of vaccination that happens to be Green. That is your Green Card.

Went to the Mor Prom app checked under vaccine certificate and it says I have not been vaccinated yet. Really strange since I was vaccinated with my first AZ dose on the 24th of June. Next one in 2 and a half weeks. I found it under the vaccination menu on the upper far right.

Screenshot_20210828-094530.jpg

Screenshot_20210828-094704.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan