Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Authorities asked business operators to ensure service staff are fully vaccinated and regularly tested with antigen kits, and to require customers to show proof of vaccination and negative tests.

So what are the figures for people who have had only one jab, last I heard it was around 30% which means 70% are still waiting.

Only a minority have had two... so how can they enforce the above rule of ensuring staff have had both vaccinations?

And how do I prove I've had a jab?

15 hours ago, poohy said:

I have read the multi colored table a few times now

Quite frankly i dont understand it one iota!

Don't feel bad...neither do they! Like everything else here in Land of Confusion. :cheesy:

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Great news.  The vaccination requirement will obviously be ignored!

Of course it will, impossible to implement even if they had such a will. People are, as usual, getting in a flap or panic over nothing. 

2 hours ago, Airalee said:

Collective healthcare cost of Covid over 2 years estimated to be between $56 Billion to $556 Billion

https://www.ahip.org/new-study-covid-19-health-care-costs-could-reach-556-billion-over-two-years/

Healthcare costs attributed to obesity in 2014 were $1.4 Trillion (and probably more now)

https://stop.publichealth.gwu.edu/sites/stop.publichealth.gwu.edu/files/Infographics/Fast Facts/Revised Fast Facts 7-2020/Costs of Obesity.pdf

I think you may be on to something here.

161304AE-23DF-432F-8A59-66C214F7869E.jpeg

***Collective healthcare cost of Covid over 2 years estimated to be between $56 Billion to $556 Billion

i love these estimates….why bother if you could be 500 billion out????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, buick said:

i was just thinking that, it might be easier to wait a few days and buy the fake cards instead.

555 Yep was just thinking who will have fake cards available. Same as scanning those QR codes going into malls, etc. Just take phone out and pretend. In ya go! Happy shopping! :vampire:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's a Yellow card needed if non vaccinated and have recovered from covid or you have had a negative ATK rapid test done in the past 7 days.  Green card needed to shop in malls or a Yellow card, how ridiculous in reality as even those folks could be infected as an asymptomatic carrier.  Just open it up or keep it shut, no half-arsed measures.....Ugh.  So in essence I will have a green card for vaccination but the GF who can not get vaccinated to save her life needs to be ATK tested weekly to go out to dinner or shop for clothes, or better yet since she is a Salon owner, she can not even work unless she is vaccinated or shows a negative test weekly.  WTH is wrong with these folks.

I geuss someone high up bought millions of tests and in now trying to unload them (with a little profit ofcourse).

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, realfunster said:

Not entirely sure what the table in the OP means. 

If there are going to be restrictions based on vaccination status, that will be a pisser as I have got a fairly long wait for my 2nd AZ shot.

Perhaps I would have been better off picking the much quicker administered Sinovac vaccine instead ? If I had I would be a proud ‘green card’ holder about 1 month ago, instead of having 6 weeks to wait. 

Anyway, if they reopen parks to all next week, I will be happy enough for now !

Is the pisser manufactured by Pfizer ?

16 hours ago, buick said:

i was just thinking that, it might be easier to wait a few days and buy the fake cards instead.

Yep, sounds like the preferred option, given only 9.5% of the population has been fully vaccinated as of Aug 25, 2021.

image.png.de4e14ae33a0892e2cdc39cf3bccb0e8.png

Let's know when they are available 555555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

Nonsense.

Did you mean to say ‘let’s look at the demographics through my one-eyed bias without providing any actual facts but just opinions and generalizations ’? 

You know who the first people were to be vaccinated in my company ?

The office maids, who live in Klong Toei, double jabbed by end of April.

Rest of the company is still waiting for their 2nd in a couple of weeks. 

In your small office maybe, but the world beyond that - very different story. Very different indeed. 

12 minutes ago, berrec said:

Yep, sounds like the preferred option, given only 9.5% of the population has been fully vaccinated as of Aug 25, 2021.

image.png.de4e14ae33a0892e2cdc39cf3bccb0e8.png

Let's know when they are available 555555

Be available by 1 September no doubt! ????

17 hours ago, realfunster said:

Not entirely sure what the table in the OP means.

If there are going to be restrictions based on vaccination status, that will be a pisser as I have got a fairly long wait for my 2nd AZ shot.

Perhaps I would have been better off picking the much quicker administered Sinovac vaccine instead ? If I had I would be a proud ‘green card’ holder about 1 month ago, instead of having 6 weeks to wait. 

Anyway, if they reopen parks to all next week, I will be happy enough for now !

It is officially said that 1 shot A-Z is as good as two shots of the Chinese formulae