Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, calbts2 said:

The issue here really is not the desire or non-desire to be vaxxed. It is the nonsensical and totalitarian requirement for restaurants to see your "vaccine papers" before you are allowed to eat in their business. First of all here in Thailand - there is no anti-vaxxer movement and demand for vaccines is exceeding the supply.

I want to be fully vaxxed and so does my family but it is now almost September and we are still waiting and we have no idea when quality vaccines will be available to us. For the government to mandate this medical apartheid - especially at a time when over 90% of the country is not fully vaxxed - is discriminatory, unfair, and not rational(but what the government does in Thailand rarely is). Restaurants and customers did just fine with normal precautions since March of last year until they were forcibly shut down. Did Thailand have any "super spreader" events coming from restaurants? I don't recall any. This is simply a knee-jerk reaction that has no benefit economically to these businesses that desperately need any income they can get.

You will now have 2 different scenarios:

Restaurants that ignore this stupidity and accept all customers will begin to recover financially.

Restaurants that discriminate will see very few or maybe zero customers and be forced to close again due to lack of business.

Since I want to be vaccinated, but cannot due to the lack of supply - I will be eating in restaurants that do not discriminate - and no I am not in fear of catching a virus from other non-vaccinated diners.

I understand how you feel because I established and then shifted investments from Thailand due to my inability to accept the culture. I also feel for all those stuck in your situation. Unfortunately there is nothing much you and I could do to alter the Thai mentality because it's too deep rooted in their history and culture. I did what I could, by removing myself from that equation by moving away. I understand some of you can't do so easily. I hope Thailand buck up considerably like Malaysia did. Although vaccination is only part of the journey towards opening up the economy, it is still the first key to unlock the barriers between us and and resemblance of normalcy we are hoping to see. Stay safe. 

9 minutes ago, calbts2 said:

Well lookee here -

In a new article just posted online from a publication we are not allowed to link to here - it seems the restaurants agree with me and many others - this new "directive" is a non starter. These businesses will not open under these illogical conditions. 

It says that Thais love freedom - thank god there is a ray of hope.

And in another OP Anutin has said once opened no going back.  

10 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

Some say Haaretz is the Israeli CNN.

I can tell you that the government has stopped publishing vaxxed vs. vaxxed data a while ago. Makes one wonder why.

Meanwhile, from the UK:

https://chriswaldburger.substack.com/p/bombshell-uk-data-destroys-entire

Fully-vaxxed infected 5.1 x more likely to die from Covid than unvaxxed infected.

Let's wait 6 more month and find out how it all turns out. 

Two-thirds of under-50s who died with delta variant were unvaccinated

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

I understand how you feel because I established and then shifted investments from Thailand due to my inability to accept the culture. I also feel for all those stuck in your situation. Unfortunately there is nothing much you and I could do to alter the Thai mentality because it's too deep rooted in their history and culture. I did what I could, by removing myself from that equation by moving away. I understand some of you can't do so easily. I hope Thailand buck up considerably like Malaysia did. Although vaccination is only part of the journey towards opening up the economy, it is still the first key to unlock the barriers between us and and resemblance of normalcy we are hoping to see. Stay safe. 

Well with the hard pushback from the restaurant industry emphasizing the idiocy and impracticality of these directives, I have faith that the majority of the Thai people do see through this and maintain a desire for freedom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thierryviteau said:

I can't stop laughing 555555 as if it could work here.

Even in EU fakes are everywhere and someone here believe that it will work ?

My personal printer is ready !!!

They said that about sandbox here on TV . Everyone 5555 my printer is ready! CHINESE will sell it! etc etc 

Unfortunately absolutely no way to forge a vaccination card requirement. They did a brilliant job with that so let's see the final product before having a giggle 

• Like 1

I don't think it will be to long and Thailand will go back to full opening 

The Prime minister knows its affecting the Thai economy

In a couple of more months

He will come out with enough people have been vaccinated

Let's open up  and accept the Corivirus is here to stay 

• Like 2

This is the way forward, where I am we have an App thats shows green grey red etc, its based on vaccination and last date tested. its required to be shown to use certain facilities Malls gyms etc.

Get used to it and move on with your life, its changed forever

• Sad 2

Tourism is a fifth of the economy. Was.

The economy is in desperate straits. Pretty soon, a humanitarian crisis.

So the govt lifts restrictions, even indeed red areas. If you are vaccinated, you can move around quite freely. Sinovac is the vaccine, against the delta variant.

But the govt keeps up the restrictions on tourists. Most will be doubly vaccinated and in good health, with welfare state protection or similar back home.

They are asked to pay hundreds of dollars for insurance of an unknown quality with noguarantee of effective treatments, sit idly in govt approved quarantine hotels for two weeks, face a degraded tourist environment with little mass entertainment as no mass tourism, risk getting infections from local people, on return home more quarantine as Thailand is high-risk country.

Yes, check those entering are covid free and vaccinated for their own protection.

No, drop all the Thai-company insurance requirements and quarantine hotels.

Be grateful to have a few foreign people with money still interested in your once-popular tourist offering.

• Like 2

Expect a lot more to be infected with death rates over two hundred every day they are taking a big risk I would of though another month of restriction would of been better but I understand the economy is on its knees millions out of work so they think the risk is worth taking 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aBigSmile said:

Taking an experimental gene therapy, with 0 track record, and then spewing about hard science.

That's rich. 

Experimental, now that's a rich statement.  Science has used the research used in producing the vaccines for many many years, think rubella vaccine, Mumps, measles, and even polio vaccines, then as a final one for food for thought the vaccines created yearly to assist in fending off the ever changing flu virus.  Of course your entitled to your own view.  The only experiment was in getting people to take a vaccine in the first place to create the antibodies the body needed to fight off the invader that entered their systems or that might enter.  Look at all those who would rather use ivermectin, and a myriad of other medicines developed for animals and not for use in Humans.  However, you are free to believe what you want as i said.

• Like 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Experimental, now that's a rich statement.  Science has used the research used in producing the vaccines for many many years, think rubella vaccine, Mumps, measles, and even polio vaccines, then as a final one for food for thought the vaccines created yearly to assist in fending off the ever changing flu virus.  Of course your entitled to your own view.  The only experiment was in getting people to take a vaccine in the first place to create the antibodies the body needed to fight off the invader that entered their systems or that might enter.  Look at all those who would rather use ivermectin, and a myriad of other medicines developed for animals and not for use in Humans.  However, you are free to believe what you want as i said.

I am still considering bleach with a small UV light I can swallow or even breathe in.

Is the research on this being suppressed I wonder?????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wullie Mercer said:

What does DMHTTA stand for??

A few second Google search brought up this:

D Distancing Maintain a distance of at least 2 meters between people
M Mask Wear a mask or cloth mask every time you leave the house
H Hand washing Wash your hands often
T Testing temperature Body temperature measurement
T Test for COVID-19 people with symptoms History of close contact with confirmed patients Or travel into the risk area.
A application. Scan the application Thai Chana or Doctor Chana.

17 hours ago, moogradod said:

I tried to decipher the real meaning of this announcement in all its flavours but I most probably have failed.

May I ask someone who has understood all the consequences to answer the following simple questions:

May I, from September 2021 on, as a vaccinated foreigner with only one AZ shot, but without any "card" (green card ? - are we in the US ?) but with one entry in my international vaccination booklet:

1. Buy Printer Ink in the big electronic shop in Central Festival Pattaya?

2. Get a passport photo taken in one of the shops there and collect the printouts ?

and

3. May my wife, Thai national, unvaccinated (because she was not able to get a shot yet) enter a bank branch in Central Festival to do some banking business ?

We'll get back to you on that.

• Thanks 1