Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

How does being vaccinated help when vaccinated people can still get infected and spread the virus about as easily as the unvaccinated, even if they don't get so sick.

I think in principle the idea is to keep vaccinated seperated from unvaccinated 

If anyone was expection anything remotely sensible today - you should know better.

I am not sure they are referring to an actual Green/yellow card, the logistics of such a thing are huge, when people are vaxed they will get a hospital cert stating that fact, not that that contributes to any of this.

we also have the issue of effective vaccines - it could be argued that one dose of AZ or Pfizer is hyst as effective as 2x sinovac jabs - something that has already been established when you look at requiements to enter Phuket - all rather confusing when they establish different standards for pretty much the same thing in different parts of the country.

I think they are going to have to fine tune this a little for consistency throughout the country

Proof of vaccines or negative tests are for 'high risk' places. What are the 'high risk' places?? Surely not, stores, 7/11s, supermarkets, hair salons, restaurants. 

High risk perhaps means 'bars & clubs' when they can open again later!  But, who knows, unclear info as always!! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

If you are vaccinated but, I am not, what risk do I pose to you? If you are vaccinated BUT are still able to catch and spread the virus to me

here is the risk ratio 248900-1469958220 but I think you knew already

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I know 4,000,000 people who would disagree with you, but they are dead. From Covid. 

Ever hear of Long Covid? 

Relabeling deaths from one cause to another doesn't create more death.

Attached is government data on death age from / with covid.

These ages are actually higher than precovid , meaning avg living was longer.

Math can be your friend.... If you look at ALL numbers to solve the equation and not just pick one number out with zero context.

1912EBF4-BF24-4303-82BA-12D1E511CBA2.png

Edited by Dart12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You ever hear of jobless, homeless, penniless, mental health, suicides, desperation and families being ripped apart. 

The Thai people don’t get handouts to keep all these things at bay.
The positives supposed to outweigh the negatives and for some foreigners happily watching the pension come rolling in every month sitting on a PC all day telling the Thai government what they should and shouldnt do, they still probably do. 

For the real people of the country, the ones that matter, it’s time to give them their freedom and an opportunity  to rebuild their lives,  piece by piece and that is what is happening whether you like it or not. 

As Bert used to say"I like the boy"! 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tonray said:

Wait...so I have to be fully vaccinated (only 1 shot so far) and get a negative Covid test result before I can get a haircut or a cheeseburger ?

Nobody did answer my easy questions in my first post above. Is this because nobody does understand it either or they cannot believe what they think they understood ? There seems to be the tendency that this is all useless for about 90% of the population. But I am not sure if this would be true. And what the heck is this "Green Card" it is referred to ? I did not get any card when I was jabbed neither was I informed that I ever would. Had to ask them even to put a record in my yellow vaccination booklet - they just wrote "Astrazeneca".

Maybe I can order my Printer Ink with Grab if I show them what I want exactly ? Only the passport photos ..... mmmmmhh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Green Card:

My friend is fully vaxed.  There is a QR code symbol at the top right corner of her vaccine certificate from the hospital.  If you scan it on Line App, a green bordered page comes up showing the name, dates lot numbers, and type of vaccine.

nice one thx for the info

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Green Card:

My friend is fully vaxed.  There is a QR code symbol at the top right corner of her vaccine certificate from the hospital.  If you scan it on Line App, a green bordered page comes up showing the name, dates, lot numbers, and type of vaccine.  Just put it in the "keep" file on Line app. for future viewing.

Thank you !! Although I have no line app and never will. Anyway my second jab is end of October. Until then I am only half vaxed anyway.

16 minutes ago, poskat said:

except in those countries, vaccines are available on every corner, and the unvaxxed are by choice

Right and this system works so well that Denmark suppresses it from September 1st and Thailand proves that it always has a late train.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thank you !! Although I have no line app and never will. Anyway my second jab is end of October. Until then I am only half vaxed anyway.

You can scan QR code with any camera app...including just your phone camera

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

You can scan QR code with any camera app...including just your phone camera

Thanks.

My appointment slip for the second shot carries a big QR code, too. Maybe I scan this one and see what happens.

Edited by moogradod

28 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Relabeling deaths from one cause to another doesn't create more death.

Attached is government data on death age from / with covid.

These ages are actually higher than precovid , meaning avg living was longer.

Math can be your friend.... If you look at ALL numbers to solve the equation and not just pick one number out with zero context.

1912EBF4-BF24-4303-82BA-12D1E511CBA2.png

Your data is obsolete. 

You don't understand the concept of excess mortality. 

• Sad 1