Thailand reports 17,984 COVID-19 cases, 292 more deaths

webfact

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Excuse the previous post - too small.

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Saturday.

Total: 17, 977

https://scontent-sin6-4.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p235x350/240521284_10158223815322050_814677070309974909_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=TxHWwS2suykAX9GVrxL&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-4.xx&oh=f2f55cba3b18a50a220775f308bc98eb&oe=614E0838https://scontent-sin6-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p235x350/240681892_10158223815437050_2511037113377476115_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Tz9uzF-NNjgAX-OBM58&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-3.xx&oh=d9038da5252f17b48eb72cdae3a7fac4&oe=614E78BDhttps://scontent-sin6-4.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p235x350/240746424_10158223815392050_7960309209324436166_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=RhxzkBNfcmsAX-6H0wJ&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-4.xx&oh=1bcb9e59cbf10bdc82c9c11d32ba2b74&oe=614FC1C9

Looks like we are seeing a downtrend based upon the numbers posted for the provinces.  Udon Thani is now down under 60 cases, where a few days ago they were almost at 200.  One can only hope that these numbers are realistic and transparent and not manipulated by the ATK positive tests not being reported as a true case or those cases found in the Bubble and Seal projects.  Lets see what next week brings as the provinces open up and relax some of the restrictions.  As we each get older life throws us all curveballs and then removes folks from our lives.  I just wish Covid did not take parents away from children like it has here in Thailand.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 76: 404,078 <— Saturday

DAY 77: 206,820 <— Sunday

DAY 78: 573,446

DAY 79: 585,214

DAY 80: 637,921

DAY 81: 669,189

DAY 82: 915,738 <— New High

TOTAL: 30,420,507 doses since 28 February

10.82% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431492873782894593

This is more like it! 915,738 people were vaccinated in just one day and now 33.88% of the population has had least one jab & 10.82% are fully vaccinated. Expect this to go up quickly now as more people who had AstraZeneca in June are finally receiving their second jab #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1431496045502992390

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like we are seeing a downtrend based upon the numbers posted for the provinces.  Udon Thani is now down under 60 cases, where a few days ago they were almost at 200.  One can only hope that these numbers are realistic and transparent and not manipulated by the ATK positive tests not being reported as a true case or those cases found in the Bubble and Seal projects.  Lets see what next week brings as the provinces open up and relax some of the restrictions.  As we each get older life throws us all curveballs and then removes folks from our lives.  I just wish Covid did not take parents away from children like it has here in Thailand.

Just want to show what the figures are for Prachuap Khiri Khan, my home province, over the past week.

Sat 21/08. 167

Sun 22/08. 74

Mon 23/08. 96

Tues 24/08. 39

Wed 25/08 67

Thurs 26/08 102

Fri 27/08 152

Sat 28/08 216

Makes for interesting reading and asking, just what is going on?

Edited by worrab
Add
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

We dont know how many from those 200+ case's was  delivered from BKK. They say that in every province own page's but cant read or write thai so cant watch. What Mrs. has show me before from Loei, most case's  imported from BKK.

2 hours ago, worrab said:

Just want to show what the figures are for Prachuap Khiri Khan, my home province, over the past week.

Sat 21/08. 167

Sun 22/08. 74

Mon 23/08. 96

Tues 24/08. 39

Wed 25/08 67

Thurs 26/08 102

Fri 27/08 152

Sat 28/08 216

Makes for interesting reading and asking, just what is going on?

As Udon Thani's numbers had done, down, down, then up, up up, and then down, down etc...It is interesting to see whats happening in the outer provinces compared to here in BKK and the surrounding areas.  Phuket on the other hand is another anomaly unto itself.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

As Udon Thani's numbers had done, down, down, then up, up up, and then down, down etc...It is interesting to see whats happening in the outer provinces compared to here in BKK and the surrounding areas.  Phuket on the other hand is another anomaly unto itself.

Yep, the virus in Phuket is on a mission, nothings stopping the rise at the moment although the local Governor has said they've exhausted their testing budget and asked for a further budget from Central government to pay for more tests, if that fails to come we'll see. In the meantime fewer and fewer arrivals are landing, the UK contingent have been trying to fly out before Monday to avoid expensive quarantine and those that had booked for next month are busy now cancelling.

Chart data from official announcements here https://www.facebook.com/phuketinfocenter/

data 28 aug 6.png

• Thanks 1

The Chinese government will donate medical equipment worth 10 million yuan, or Bt50.23 million, to help Thailand fight the Covid-19 outbreak, the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok said. #China #COVID19 #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005404

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Provincial health officials in Samut Prakan province have decided to separate a field hospital for COVID patients into male and female zones, after it was discovered that some patients were being accused of engaging in sexual activity and drug abuse.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/field-hospital-gender-separated-after-alleged-sex-scandal-involving-patients/

That’s funny. Is this real? In any case, if it is, more proof people simply don’t innately feel covid is threatening to them at all. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep, the virus in Phuket is on a mission, nothings stopping the rise at the moment although the local Governor has said they've exhausted their testing budget and asked for a further budget from Central government to pay for more tests, if that fails to come we'll see. In the meantime fewer and fewer arrivals are landing, the UK contingent have been trying to fly out before Monday to avoid expensive quarantine and those that had booked for next month are busy now cancelling.

Chart data from official announcements here https://www.facebook.com/phuketinfocenter/

data 28 aug 6.png

What a surprise, the infections are going up despite very strict regulations… even on and island environment. 

One of these days people are gonna start listening to those who have been right, when it’s too late of course. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What is causing mass problems is people don’t have jobs to feed their families. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And to thinkin Sweden one place where death numbers are decreasing and basically flatlining at 0. 

oh the horror of people realizing the long term ineffectiveness of lockdowns. So much horror they don’t dare face the fact. 

Keep repressing the facts though, it’s worked great up to this point. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

What a surprise, the infections are going up despite very strict regulations… even on and island environment. 

One of these days people are gonna start listening to those who have been right, when it’s too late of course. 

Apart from bars and schools most things in Phuket are open. 

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There does seem to be a sea-change and a more optimistic feeling around, especially with the restrictions being relaxed.   Let's hope it continues that way.

But when restrictions are lifted cases just go up again. That's the way of it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

What is causing mass problems is people don’t have jobs to feed their families. 

……. And some people find that comment funny. Sad times. But I guess it’s pretty typical of some of the ‘I’m alright jack’ foreigners the Thais people have to endure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

The so-called "optimistic" posts are usually just troll posts.

And the pessimistic ones are just from sad, bored old men with not a lot else going on on their lives and are only happy when they are moaning about something,  and have to find something negative to say to brighten their day 

Of course neither statement is true…….just highlighting how ridiculous it is to group people together because you don’t agree with what they say. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

……. And some people find that comment funny. Sad times. But I guess it’s pretty typical of some of the ‘I’m alright jack’ foreigners the Thais people have to endure. 

I don't know- it is a very tricky dilemma, isn't it?