Pfizer Side Effects - My Experience

Mickeymaus

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

I will be getting 1st Pfizer jab on thursday,  

Thai's seem to think you cannot have a beer before getting the vaccine .... ( like 5 days before )

I find this hard to believe .....

anyone know if it's ok to have alcohol even up to the day of the jab  ??     

thanks.

I just found this ....

The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) - the body that approved both the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine and the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine for use - has stated that “there is currently no evidence that drinking alcohol interferes with the efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccines. We would advise anyone concerned about this to talk to their healthcare professional.”

So essentially, there is currently no reason to believe that drinking alcohol hampers the way with the vaccination.

Seems to be different with the Sputnik V vaccine... Good that I had Pfizer. ????:partytime2:????

"No Alcohol for 2 Months, Russia Tells Coronavirus Vaccine Recipients."

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/12/08/no-alcohol-for-2-months-russia-tells-coronavirus-vaccine-recipients-a72280

7 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

My wife told me to abstain two days before and after so I rang a mate who had 2 jabs of AZ in Australia. He said his doctor did not mention anything. So it is another Thai wife's tale.

I wouldn't blame her. I found many different opinions on the Internet. The consensus seems to be that you should not drink much alcohol.

But there is also certain medication you should avoid if possible. Medication that suppresses the immune system. Of course it is a different situation if you (have to) take it for instance long time because of an autoimmune disease or for cancer treatment or any other purpose. 

In the end if you really want to know your protection level perhaps an antibody level test might be helpful. Otherwise with or without alcohol you will not know how much protection you really have. It depends on the age and many other factors. 

8 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

If you look at the American VAERS data you will see that it is a lot more than that (9000+ in USA) but still not a big % of the number of vaccinations. There are some analysts that have said the deaths reported to VAERS is probably loss than 10% of actual cases.

As you say let everyone make their own decision.

The VEARS system is flawed. 

If 1500 people die every day in Thailand (of all causes), & if everyone in Thailand was vaccinated this week, we’d have laymen without medical knowledge thinking 10,500 died from the vaccine - if they knew about it, they could fill out a VAERS report. 

Edited by richard_smith237

An interesting study recently from Israel about the mRNA vaccine. 

Lots of boring numbers, but the essence is that the risk of side effects after getting covid-19 are a lot higher than from the vaccine itself, if we take one of those side effects most people worry about. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110475

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

But there is also certain medication you should avoid if possible.

Yes, had 5 days off the NSAID that I take for arthritis. After the vaccine there was a big increase in the arthritis pain and sciatica, but do not know if it was the vaccine or lack of medication.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

I will be getting 1st Pfizer jab on thursday,  

Thai's seem to think you cannot have a beer before getting the vaccine .... ( like 5 days before )

I find this hard to believe .....

anyone know if it's ok to have alcohol even up to the day of the jab  ??     

thanks.

I just found this ....

The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) - the body that approved both the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine and the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine for use - has stated that “there is currently no evidence that drinking alcohol interferes with the efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccines. We would advise anyone concerned about this to talk to their healthcare professional.”

So essentially, there is currently no reason to believe that drinking alcohol hampers the way with the vaccination.

If you consider Sang Som to be alcohol, no problem. I had a shot of it before the 1st injection ( preventive ) and the rest of the bottle after it.  ( desinfectant ) 555555

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Yes, had 5 days off the NSAID that I take for arthritis. After the vaccine there was a big increase in the arthritis pain and sciatica, but do not know if it was the vaccine or lack of medication.

I don't take NSAIDs often so I was free of them before the vaccination. My RA problem joints were much more painful after the vaccination and I had an extreme stiffness in the morning for about 3 days. I also had muscle pain. So it was a mixture of both. Now more than a week later I am almost back to my normal pain levels. The muscle pain disappeared completely. 

will not take any medication until 2 weeks after the second shot. I don't take DMARDs or steroids (yet). So it is still easy to stop and start again with medication. 

Had my 1st shot. No after effects except for day after when it just felt slightly bruised but no different from previous Tetanus/Typhoid jobs. After that none at all. As for not drinking alcohol just an old wives tale I should think

• Like 1

40+ fit healthy,

had pfizer on aug 27 first jab

no real side effects,

I deliberately only had 4 hours sleep the night before and then slept for several hours when I got back to my hotel (5 mins from medpark)

I think helped, as I spent most of my time sleeping till the next day. 

• Like 1

1st Pfizer jab yesterday. Didnt feel the needle. Slight headache for a couple of hours last night. This morning it feels like I've lightly bumped my arm in the small area of the jab but not enough to really notice. 

• Like 1

my 1st dose of pfizer was delivered into my upper left arm during the afternoon of the 4th of september, by the very nice people at my local hospital, samitivej suk. 49. during the early evening of the same day, i developed a splitting headache, and a mild feeling of nausea. additionally, i felt the need to drink several cups of tea throughout the evening, instead of my usual two. anyway, i took a couple of ibuprofen, and the symptoms had subsided by bedtime.

the following morning, apart from a sore upper arm, i felt quite well again, so much so that i ordered my maid to prepare a batch of banana and chocolate ice cream milkshake. being the glutton that i am, i had consumed the lot within 30 mins. and am now laid out on the sofa with a protruding stomach, and feeling quite nauseas once again.

i am looking forward to my second dose pfizer of later this month, however milkshakes will be off the menu for a considerable while thereafter!

Edited by a269652
(.)(.)
  • Like 1