COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,972 new coronavirus cases and 17,281 recoveries

webfact

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Cabinet Discusses Post-Lockdown Measures

BANGKOK, Aug 30 (TNA) – The cabinet today discussed measures related to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration’s decision to ease lockdown measures in 29 dark-red provinces as new COVID-19 cases were declining.

Chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, the cabinet through its video conference considered COVID-19 surveillance measures including the procurement antigen test kits for the reopening of eateries and business premises. CCSA wanted staff of reopened eateries and other business premises to conduct antigen tests weekly to control COVID-19.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-769343

'Surveillance measures' not feasible. 

Today International Cooperation Dept and ASEAN Dept, MFA of Thailand send humanitarian assistance (oxygen generators, sanitary masks, rubber gloves+body bags) to Myanmar Red Cross via AHA Centre’s DELSA through Mae Sot, Tak province. The assistance is to reach Yangon Sept 1-2.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1432246461459156993

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Cabinet Discusses Post-Lockdown Measures

BANGKOK, Aug 30 (TNA) – The cabinet today discussed measures related to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration’s decision to ease lockdown measures in 29 dark-red provinces as new COVID-19 cases were declining.

Chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, the cabinet through its video conference considered COVID-19 surveillance measures including the procurement antigen test kits for the reopening of eateries and business premises. CCSA wanted staff of reopened eateries and other business premises to conduct antigen tests weekly to control COVID-19.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-769343

Wouldn't it be wonderful, and a great tool, if they procured the antigen tests for the eateries to test arriving guests as well.  Oh boy that's a loaded statement I just made......irony and sarcasm all in one sentence.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Mahidol Uni creates anti-Covid mouthwash

Mahidol University’s Faculty of Dentistry has patented a new mouthwash that reduces the spread of new coronavirus via patient’s saliva.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005468

I wonder if that was the brown liquid my dentist at BNH had me swill for 60 seconds when I went in for my last cleaning.......maybe I was a test subject and did not realize it.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

● 17,281 recoveries

15,696 new infections 

280 prison / prison infections

Call me skeptic, but all I hear are about infections popping up everywhere, yet daily figures seem to be dropping.

Must be getting close to opening up time, just like Phuket.

Yes Sir we're ready, vaccinated, santised and ready to go... and then ohhhh dear

Chula mRNA vaccine in line for April rollout after Delta success

Chulalongkorn University researchers have launched the second human trial of Chula-Cov19 mRNA vaccine, after the Phase 1 trial greatly boosted volunteers’ antibodies against the Covid virus.

The vaccine proved effective against all four variants of the virus in Phase 1 and is expected to be registered by the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in April next year, said Chula.

The vaccine “can induce a very strong antibody response, [which is] as good as Pfizer”, said Dr Kiat Ruxrungtham, director of the Chula-Cov19 mRNA development programme and founder of the Chula Vaccine Research Centre behind ChulaCov-19.

https://www.nationthailand.com/life/40005469

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And those without access to the internet?

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has launched a Line account to provide initial medical treatment to COVID-19 patients.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said the BMA has set up a system to notify COVID-19 patients regarding hospitalization via LINE@ account “@BKKCOVID19CONNECT,” which can be added via the LINE application or through the link shorturl.asia/afk0S .

He explained that the account is to screen the patients with RT-PCR or antigen positive test results. Medical staff will initially assess the symptoms, after the patient’s personal information is entered into the system.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158227307162050

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, anchadian said:

And those without access to the internet?

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has launched a Line account to provide initial medical treatment to COVID-19 patients.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said the BMA has set up a system to notify COVID-19 patients regarding hospitalization via LINE@ account “@BKKCOVID19CONNECT,” which can be added via the LINE application or through the link shorturl.asia/afk0S .

He explained that the account is to screen the patients with RT-PCR or antigen positive test results. Medical staff will initially assess the symptoms, after the patient’s personal information is entered into the system.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158227307162050

If you have the Line app you have access to the internet..wait yes via 5g or wifi.

The government has to open up, got to be ready for grand tourism opening. The way I see it they are unable or unwilling to support the average Thai who is suffering from business closures and pressure from the top business conglomerate owners that their billions of Baht are starting to dwindle by a few million and need to get the peasants back to earning them money. Thailand is not a poor country, just poor people within it. Why sacrifice the rich and their billions when they can sacrifice the poor.

45 minutes ago, anchadian said:

No enforcement of vaccinations and Covid-19 negative tests required for businesses reopening on September for now, authorities confirm

The reopening of businesses and other easing restrictions in dark-red zone provinces are part of the new measures in order to live with the disease under the maximum self-protection principles, CCSA spokesperson Taweeslip Visanuyothin said today, August 30th.

The spokesperson clarified that the return of business operations is not the lifting of lockdown restrictions but is rather the implementation of newly arranged measures called “Smart Control and Living with COVID-19”, which had been already applied in many countries in the world in order to coexist with the disease. He stressed that the rules were not being “unlocked” or “relaxed based on case numbers” but are part of the long-term living with Covid-19 strategic plan.

0a1c063c2694086b35b161c555c3b6b93fe5518b84ad82b2bc88b4fc97b358bc-696x464.jpg

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/30/no-enforcement-of-vaccinations-and-covid-19-negative-tests-required-for-businesses-reopening-on-september-for-now-authorities-confirm/

Now I am really confused, was that info graphic with the green card, yellow card and vaccinations and testing for employee's just pure BS that someone threw out there, and then upon realizing how messed up it would be rescinded it.  Don't answer that as it is a rhetorical question......not sarcasm.

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Lockdowns do NOT work unless the population is vaccinated in the lockdown or it just explodes when you open up.

Well, certainly, just staying open doesn't work unless you want 1000 deaths a day in Thailand.

Yes, though, they just defer the problem.

Still, lesser of 2 evils, and I suppose now the strategy is to use the window of opportunity to vaccinate and then reopen.

Thailand is nowhere near the stage when it can relax.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Overall downward trend is continuing and thats great news although thoughts should also remain with the 1,062 still on ventilators and 5,058 in ICU. There are still people dying at home from covid.

How many ventilators are available? 

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

How many ventilators are available? 

That is a question many of us have asked in the past and we have never found out unfortunately.  Many ventilators have been donated to Thailand as well as oxygen concentrators, but it is a true unknown.  I know that this Government donated some as well as oxygen concentrators and oxygen tanks to India not long ago.

• Like 2

Thailand reports declining COVID-19 cases for the 4th consecutive day

COV31.jpg

File photo: REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Tuesday (August 31) reported 14,666 new COVID-19 cases, 19,245 recoveries and 190 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1229439-thailand-reports-declining-covid-19-cases-for-the-4th-consecutive-day/

//CLOSED//

/Admin