Indian tourists set to return to Thailand in droves - high demand reports TAT's Mumbai office

webfact

19 hours ago, redwood1 said:

You see all those Indian restaurants that have not gone out of business despite hardly having any customers at all for 18 months? Plenty are closed but not fully shut down.....

Someone has been keeping these places alive with good old fashion cash......They sure have not been surviving off customers.... 

My theory is these Indian restaurants are being kept alive because there is planned a absolute flood of Indian tourist to come to Thailand.....And they are going to need somewhere to eat....Loads of Indians seem to only want to eat Indian food, so the need to keep these restaurants alive to be ready for the flood.....   

They could always try the one or two on the sub-continent itself, and save themselves the hassle of travel in Covid times, and that pesky quarantine thingy.

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:
21 hours ago, ezzra said:

The Indians are coming the Indians are coming... no disrespect to any subcontinent person but just so everyone knows that the Delta variant has started in India, 'Nuff said...

Well will the Cowboys be coming soon as well, we do need the wagons in a circle to protect the women and children, oh wait....wrong Indians, instead get out the Patchouli oil as a greeting gift. 

Yes, those:

60ebaab570d87acaa8927695088a9b19.jpg

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Still as regular as clockwork around the bars that are still open in Nana. Every night without fail.

Haven't been to Nana Plaza in 15 years. And why would I want to go there?

There always were nut sellers elsewhere, too, you know. In the restaurant areas in my neck of the woods, for example.

Just now, steven100 said:

so the Indian's are coming,  the Russian's are coming   !     

so it's all good then....   back to millions of tourists again are we .... lol

Plus 6 million Brits.....they need to start building more hotels!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

they typically spend near zero in- country. entire vacation normally pre- paid as bare minimum cost in India including all side trips, entertainment, golf, boats, whatever, down to free guest house water. they even bring their own communal food in suitcases. even seven 11 will struggle to make a dime ……. ! 

Except the ladyboys will be happy,,,

1 minute ago, Misterwhisper said:

Haven't been to Nana Plaza in 15 years. And why would I want to go there?

There always were nut sellers elsewhere, too, you know. In the restaurant areas in my neck of the woods, for example.

Good point...if you already have nut sellers where you are, what is the attraction of Nana?

India is about the only place I know outside of kalaland where the analogue beaureaucracy is worse.

The thing is, rich Indian gentlemen (the bulk of Thailands Indian tourists) always rent people to stand in line for them back home to do all the nonsense paperwork. Well, that ends with this circus!

Thailand as a tourist destination is finished, not by Covid, but by this insane manually driven process of travelling here. 

Yes, other countries may impose requirements, but they bend over backwards to make these minimal, and online!

This place has taken to the red tape as if every pen-pusher in a uniform will get a Ferrari at the end of the month... Oh wait!

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many who are in an even more authoritarian regime would very much like to come to LOS.

Who would have thought?

Even if they have to spend considerable [denomination of choice] amounts to get the fake documents to get there.

When does a refugee, or someone just trying to get back to their family, become a tourist for statistical purposes?

No doubt the TAT has all the facts and figures to hand.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I've never seen any of them busy in Pattaya. 

Money laundering would be my guess, just like all the tailors shops.

The Indian Tailors and restaurants were mostly coustormerless years before covid......So not much changed when covid struck.....They just carried on as usual.......