2nd COVID VAX Dose anyone got it?

dutchweller

So I got my first AZ dose coming up 11 weeks ago now.
and I have not received any information on an appointment for 2nd dose?
I have checked on the www.ไทยร่วมใจ.com website and my details for first dose are there but nothing for a second appointment.
I called MFAT (who arranged the first round) they said call Bang Su called them they said they are not doing 2nd dose Vaccinations for foreigners. I should call MAFAT.

Called MFAT back they said they had No information on 2nd dose and just "wait and see" 

So my question is has anyone managed to get 2nd dose?
How?
Who to contact?

Everybody in the village is getting second dose on Sept 3rd. Some people have had their second does already. My second AZ is for Sept 15th I ask the hospital director if I could change my date. Because I have a Court date and she said it would be to difficult to change the date. I was given a card and a number after my first dose. Other people have been given a green form with their second date along with other details like the vaccine batch ID etc... 

• Like 1

I have an appointment for my 2nd jab in a few weeks. I got a paper from the hospital when I had my 1st jab, and the appointment is also shown in the Mor Phrom app. The 2nd jab was scheduled for 12 weeks after the 1st one and they seem to stick to that.

• Like 1

I and several other Expats aged 75 and over from Pattaya obtained our 1st dose of Astra Zeneca vaccine using the walk in service at Bang Sue Grand Station (now discontinued).

We were each given a registration form showing the date and vaccine received as  our first dose. The form also has the date and time to appear for our 2nd dose. My 1st dose was on 10 July, the 2nd is scheduled for 2 October (12 weeks later which it seems based on my googling results is the normal interval between the 1st & 2nd dose of the AZ vaccine).

• Like 1

ummm...received first dose of AZ at Bang Sue on July 29 and was issued an appointment document for October 21! About an 80 day spread between doses. The registration websites have changed several times since then but this seems an unseemly long wait when the other Western vaccines lag only 3-4 weeks. I'm trying to get back to the states  and do not want to wait until late OCT -- but they do not issue AZ. Not sure about mix and max with PF or MD. Or one shot J&J. Technically, I am due for a booster by the time my second AZ shot would be given here in Thailand. I know many have had good luck here but no other medical facility is willing to move up my second shot in any way. really caught up in a really bad and un professional situation here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pmarlowe said:

ummm...received first dose of AZ at Bang Sue on July 29 and was issued an appointment document for October 21! About an 80 day spread between doses. The registration websites have changed several times since then but this seems an unseemly long wait when the other Western vaccines lag only 3-4 weeks. I'm trying to get back to the states  and do not want to wait until late OCT -- but they do not issue AZ. Not sure about mix and max with PF or MD. Or one shot J&J. Technically, I am due for a booster by the time my second AZ shot would be given here in Thailand. I know many have had good luck here but no other medical facility is willing to move up my second shot in any way. really caught up in a really bad and un professional situation here. 

12 weeks between AZ Jabs is Normal.
Should feel lucky you even got details you have a 2nd jab

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pmarlowe said:

i would travel back to the USA now, (if possible with only one jab), once there get 2 jabs of Pfizer or Moderna, or one jab of JJ, that way you will obtain a complete vaccine record/certificate

5 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i would travel back to the USA now, (if possible with only one jab), once there get 2 jabs of Pfizer or Moderna, or one jab of JJ, that way you will obtain a complete vaccine record/certificate

Thanks... probably great advice and what i will do.

6 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

12 weeks between AZ Jabs is Normal.
Should feel lucky you even got details you have a 2nd jab

True ! For some I have seen they tried to push it out to 16 weeks but relented.....I guess when they secured/obtained more  vaccine.

For those who have no "proposed" date or time for second shot maybe attempt a  "walk in" waving the documents (if have) from first shot at same venue on the 80th day?

How did you arrange your first dose/appointment?

Where did you go for your first dose?

What day did you get your first dose?

Who administered the first dose? MoPH? Hospital?

Personally, without any information provided, I'd return to the site of my first dose at exactly 84 days and ask for a second dose.

26 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

Thanks for the Information.

Seems Im missing the 2nd Dose details.
When I got my First I was given a form that has the first Dose details and a space for 2nd that was left blank...

Im not sure who to chase up MFAT have no idea..

Same here. Got first at Bang Sue...July 18th. Told to wait 3 month for second dose.....

No date for second dose on the form I was giving at Bang Sue.

Oct 3rd would be around 3 months, but have no idea who or if anyone will contact me with a location, date and time for second dose.

I will be surprised if they do contact me.

If there is a way to get the second dose of AZ in Bkk now, I would be interested.

5 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Same here. Got first at Bang Sue...July 18th.

Did you get any paperwork at your first dose? If so, is there any detail on it? QR code? Identification number?

How did you arrange this appointment? website? Do you have any emails?

Got my 1st shot (SV) in my village on the 25th Aug and a slip with the recorded batch etc, telling me to go for 2nd jab (AZ) on 15th Sept.

3 weeks seems a bit quick but I have no idea what this gap is based on. Maybe a roll of the dice, have seen no data on this mix and match strategy. Pretty sure the goal is to use up all the SV.

Hope it works for at least 6 months then possibly a booster.

I think I'm in the same situation. I posted about this a few days ago but did not get any comments (https://aseannow.com/topic/1228905-thai-ruam-jai-website-vaccination-registration/). I got my 1st dose of AZ at SCG Head office in Bangsue, Bangkok in Jul and that vaccination event was arranged by MFA, on request of several embassies in Bangkok, for expats, primarily from Australia, Canada, US, and S.Korea.  The printed form I got after the jab has a logo of NHSO (Thai National Health Security Office), https://eng.nhso.go.th/view/1/Home/EN-US. I doubt that office will respond to enquiries in English. I was told by vaccination staff that I would get an SMS when my 2nd dose appointment is available. It would be good to know the date of that appointment some time in advance. I wonder if it's possible to try to do my 2nd dose earlier than after the standard 12 weeks period at walk-in vaccination venues in Bangkok. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried this.

Edited by sonjai

I signed up for Pfizer when I saw availability even as my az was due in October in central plaza, receive Pfizer second dose no problem. Suggest you do same ignore the one shot nonsense n just go. It worked as documents said is this your first or second dose run by bkk hospital. I said second and received the vaccination 

Yes, I got my second AZ shot yesterday. I got my first jab on June 7. and had an appointment for the second one for September 27. I was contacted about three weeks ago, advising me that my appointment for the second AZ shot had been changed to August 30. There was no fuss and I was in and out in 35 minutes. The whole place was very well run.

• Thanks 1

So my question is has anyone managed to get 2nd dose?

How?

Who to contact?

Yes, got my second dose (AZ) here in Hua Hin on 23 August, as per the appointment slip I received when I got the first dose.

Hua Hin Hospital published an announcement a few days ago that anyone who got their first jab at Bang Sue can now get their second dose in their home province, and to contact the hospital to rearrange their appointment.

You could try contacting your local government hospital and see what they say.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

4 hours ago, sonjai said:

I think I'm in the same situation. I posted about this a few days ago but did not get any comments (https://aseannow.com/topic/1228905-thai-ruam-jai-website-vaccination-registration/). I got my 1st dose of AZ at SCG Head office in Bangsue, Bangkok in Jul and that vaccination event was arranged by MFA, on request of several embassies in Bangkok, for expats, primarily from Australia, Canada, US, and S.Korea.  The printed form I got after the jab has a logo of NHSO (Thai National Health Security Office), https://eng.nhso.go.th/view/1/Home/EN-US. I doubt that office will respond to enquiries in English. I was told by vaccination staff that I would get an SMS when my 2nd dose appointment is available. It would be good to know the date of that appointment some time in advance. I wonder if it's possible to try to do my 2nd dose earlier than after the standard 12 weeks period at walk-in vaccination venues in Bangkok. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried this.

My situation is identical to yours.

9 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

Same here. Got first at Bang Sue...July 18th. Told to wait 3 month for second dose.....

No date for second dose on the form I was giving at Bang Sue.

Oct 3rd would be around 3 months, but have no idea who or if anyone will contact me with a location, date and time for second dose.

I will be surprised if they do contact me.

If there is a way to get the second dose of AZ in Bkk now, I would be interested.

i got mine at phyathai2 on the 21st, next shot is 13th Oct, so yours would be 10th Oct.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Saw an announcement recently that said the SCG folks are supposed to go to Bang Sue Grand RR station for their second doses.

That's interesting. Where did you see that announcement?

Edited by sonjai

On 8/31/2021 at 7:59 AM, Caldera said:

I have an appointment for my 2nd jab in a few weeks. I got a paper from the hospital when I had my 1st jab, and the appointment is also shown in the Mor Phrom app. The 2nd jab was scheduled for 12 weeks after the 1st one and they seem to stick to that.

I got my first AZ on July 1 and had an appointment for September 20, but a couple of weeks ago I got an SMS from Phuket Win saying the date had been changed to September 5! We will see what happens next Sundaay