COVID-19: Thailand reports 262 more deaths and 14,956 new coronavirus cases

webfact

3 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

What's with these constant scaremongering photos of Coffins? 

You look at it as scaremongering, but I see it as a reality of the Covid cases and the issues we are experiencing due to the vaccine rollout, the ATK test kits and home isolation, as well as early releases from the hospital still treating with medications and told to self isolate for another 14 days before being retested..

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

You look at it as scaremongering, but I see it as a reality of the Covid cases and the issues we are experiencing due to the vaccine rollout, the ATK test kits and home isolation, as well as early releases from the hospital still treating with medications and told to self isolate for another 14 days before being retested..

You see a lot from an old coffin pic! You missed the broken economy tho! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

It’s interesting to see what is happening in Malaysia at the moment. 55% of the population is fully vaccinated and yet cases are going through the roof (highest they have ever been). What is so different between Malaysia and Thailand? The answer is that one is transparent and telling the truth and the other is lying.

Bear in mind that the Malaysian government was toppled due to their poor handling of Covid. So there may be a reason that this Junta government is lying about the numbers.

It’s a combination of bs, face (boooorrringg!!!) and incompetence.  

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You look at it as scaremongering, but I see it as a reality of the Covid cases

Is that not what the numbers are there for? 

So why the extra 'icing on the cake' with coffin photos? 

or have we all forgotten how to read & count? 

• Like 2

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 81: 669,189

DAY 82: 915,738 <— New High

DAY 83: 258,782 <— Saturday

DAY 84: 275,188 <— Sunday

DAY 85: 817,342

DAY 86: 828,182

DAY 87: 827,462

TOTAL: 33,427,463 doses since 28 February

13.38% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1433306350897930243

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

I would love to see stats on this as anicdotally from reliable news reports people are dying shortly after testing as they are already very sick when walking in to the Hospital. Do you have access to these stats or a link I can look at - happy to be upgraded.

My comment was off the back of various medical studies of the past year or so, nothing in particular.

any stats on your anecdotal reliable news reports? ????

I’m guessing it varies, depending on not just severity of symptoms, but also standard of medical care provided and how early said medical care is received. But for sure deaths lag cases numbers. Pick your own average time frame. So no surprise that cases might drop, while cases rise, just after a peak each reached.

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

I would love to see stats on this as anicdotally from reliable news reports people are dying shortly after testing as they are already very sick when walking in to the Hospital. Do you have access to these stats or a link I can look at - happy to be upgraded.

My comment was off the back of various medical studies of the past year or so, nothing in particular.

any stats on your anecdotal reliable news reports? ????

I’m guessing it varies, depending on not just severity of symptoms, but also standard of medical care provided and how early said medical care is received. But for sure deaths lag cases numbers. Pick your own average time frame. So no surprise that cases might drop, while cases rise, just after a peak each reached.

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 881 new cases today and 4 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (146), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (122), and Si Racha (284). There are 15,098 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1433221133147328526

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/02/chonburi-reports-881-new-covid-19-cases-with-4-deaths/

Today there were 262 deaths in #Thailand

140 males & 122 females

Burmese (9), American (2), Norwegian (1)

Median age 68 (25-103 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (80)

70% of deaths aged 60+

1 pregnant woman died

1 died at home or on the way to hospital

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1433308371256438795

• Like 1

A Covid-19 ‘haunting’ in Buri Ram

A former Covid-19 patient went live on social media on Wednesday to share the eerie surroundings of the temple funeral hall in Buri Ram where he is being forced to isolate.

After 14 days of treatment at Nong Ki field hospital, the doctor gave me a certificate and told me to isolate myself at home for another 14 days.

However, when he arrived at his partner’s house, community leaders pounced on him and insisted he shift to the funeral hall, which Jarupong says is unfair and hopes some action will be taken.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005613

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

“The news comes as Public Health officials will accelerate the vaccination of people aged over 50 as a matter of urgency, after it was discovered that 80% COVID-19 related fatalities were people aged 50 and over, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).”

It’s statements like this that make me wonder whether half the CCSA have been unconscious for the last 12 months. I mean, haven’t they been paying attention?

I agree that it's incredible to read statements like this, but I think we have to look for what the officials said versus what the media said. 

It looks like Asean Now lifted the quoted directly from this pbsworld article, and  it appears the Spokesperson actually "noted" rather than "discovered" the death rate among the elderly. 

The government made a conscious decision to allocate vaccinations to Bangkok rather than to the elderly throughout the country. I'm not saying that that was the right the decision, but they knew that elderly people would die. They haven't just "discovered" that they are dying, contrary to the impression given by the Asean Now article.

Incidentally, the CSSA spokesperson quoted in the article has an interesting history. She was Miss Thailand 1999, then a news anchor, now spokesperson for the CSSA.

42 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Is that not what the numbers are there for? 

So why the extra 'icing on the cake' with coffin photos? 

or have we all forgotten how to read & count? 

To remind people of the reality that Covid does kill.....just my take on it

32 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Thursday.

Total: 14,939

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158231871652050

161010329_OperaSnapshot_2021-09-02_130516_aseannow_com.png.4ecac287403d901bc448dadd643172c9.png

1042670456_OperaSnapshot_2021-09-02_130635_aseannow_com.png.4430fc0c0186e93e4706d5c02bb7c53f.png

There is the porpoise in stats for Udon Thani showing up as the numbers climb back up the past 2 days.  Talking with friends up that way there are more at home who have tested positive on the ATK tests, but they have no idea of the numbers so its anecdotal.

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

How they switch, manipulate, or change numbers it is still the same about 40% of the tests PCR and ATK are positive. It didn't change from last week.. split it in more like prisons, markets, navy .. but that doesn't change the percentage.. and we all know they don't count numbers, just like the 396 of Prachuap kiri Kan were never seen in the daily reports... It is very dangerous at this moment in Thailand to get Covid infected

Absolutely right, stay out or get out !

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 81: 669,189

DAY 82: 915,738 <— New High

DAY 83: 258,782 <— Saturday

DAY 84: 275,188 <— Sunday

DAY 85: 817,342

DAY 86: 828,182

DAY 87: 827,462

TOTAL: 33,427,463 doses since 28 February

13.38% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1433306350897930243

Absolute BS numbers…

It is simply not possible that Thailand could continuously vaccinate 20% more people every day than the UK could on its one off best day.

• Like 1

https://greekreporter.com/2021/09/01/new-coronavirus-variant-mu-resistant-

vaccines/

The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday it is monitoring a new coronavirus variant known as “Mu,” which was first identified in Colombia in January of 2021.

Mu, known scientifically as B.1.621, has been classified as a “variant of interest,” the global health body stated in its weekly pandemic bulletin.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/mu-variant-could-be-coming-after-delta-and-may-be-resistant-to-vaccines/news-story/e6f7fcfd15228b703cbd3c0b048e4e3e

The World Health Organisation is monitoring a Covid-19 variant with mutations the agency fears could make it resistant to vaccines.

The Mu variant, also known as B. 1.621, was added as a “variant of interest” to the organisation’s watch list on Monday.

“The Mu variant has a constellation of mutations that indicate potential properties of immune escape,” a spokesman for the WHO said.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

It’s interesting to see what is happening in Malaysia at the moment. 55% of the population is fully vaccinated and yet cases are going through the roof (highest they have ever been). 

Vaccinations don't reduce infections rates all that much, primarily reduces mortality rates.