Chinese Embassy Bangkok: Sinovac it is NOT a low quality vaccine

webfact

36 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

and why does scientific data show that it is ineffective ( one dose anyway) against the Delta variant !   So why is Thailand scurrying to find / order alternative recognised vaccines ?  If it's so good ,why then don't we simply accept and use Sinovac ?     

That is because the majority of  vaccines require two doses . 

Thailand is mostly trying to protect the most at risk group such as medical employees by using western vaccines. That unfortunately has not been 100 percent successful in the west 

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sinovac it is NOT a low quality vaccine

Yea, they need some help on messaging.

Help: Sinovac is a HIGH quality vaccine

Tell that to the 700,000 Thailand healthcare worker that needed Pfizer boosters because 2 jabs of Sinovac turned out to be not so high Quality 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their vaccine  is approved by the WHO, but only as an emergency vaccine.   And every country in the world does not choose Sinovac as a first choice vaccine.   It is of low quality  no matter whot or how the Chinese try and spin it.  It just isn't  as good as other vaccines.  They may get angry and lose face, not something an Asian is good at... you know humility.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Every single dose of Sinovac was an example of the friendship, solidarity and help that the Chinese people have for Thailand. 

At the highest price of all vaccines.  Perhaps it is fair to say it is not a low quality vaccine but just not as effective as the others.

7 minutes ago, club said:

The China virus Covid 19 is high Quality . You can be proud of unleashing that, but your vaccines are trash. 

Thats spot on.  They not lose face for introducing the virus to the world.  They not lose face when they attempt to silence the doctors from telling the world with a warning.  They lose face with weak vaccine  and sell to the gullible. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, peter2186 said:

Suggest that the armchair critics who condemn Sinovac, check out the science journals who endorse the product. Perhaps they can also explain why there are no Covid related deaths in China for a year and the amazing US is recording around 640,000 deaths. Fact is that in Thailand 680,000 health workers were given Sinovac, 618 were later tested as being positive, 600 with no symptoms and the rest with minor, according to the Lancet its 94% effective against infection and 96% effective against severe symptoms requiring hospitalisation   

In fact I asked for Sinovac and was given Pfizer without an option for change. 

But hey if you want an expert opinion ask any US politician and inject Hydroxychloroquine as a precaution!! 

Yes, and you believe  everything  statistically that China an non free press country tells you.  This is what they count on when they control the narrative.   The vaccine  is approved  as an emergency  vaccine.  You should get your facts in align.  There is a reason  Thailand has to mix vaccines,  there is a reason  its not a first second or third choice by industrial science.   Its sub par next to other vaccines.  Thats the truth

35 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

and why does scientific data show that it is ineffective ( one dose anyway) against the Delta variant !   So why is Thailand scurrying to find / order alternative recognised vaccines ?  If it's so good ,why then don't we simply accept and use Sinovac ?     

Because it's sub par  next to better vaccine.   I am saying its only approved as an emergency vaccine, and since there arent enough vaccines in the wotld its used as an emergency  vaccine.   If there were enough vaccines then the WHO would not approve it above other vaccines,  because  it is of a lower quality. I am saying its not good, so why are you agreeing with me. I said its no good, and so did you.  

• Like 1

China's Sinovac vaccine may well be safe and effective against Covid, but their exports are notorious for being cheap and of low quality.  It seems their exporting history is coming back to haunt them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Yes, and you believe  everything  statistically that China an non free press country tells you.  This is what they count on when they control the narrative.   The vaccine  is approved  as an emergency  vaccine.  You should get your facts in align.  There is a reason  Thailand has to mix vaccines,  there is a reason  its not a first second or third choice by industrial science.   Its sub par next to other vaccines.  Thats the truth

China NEVER lies about anything , especially when it comes to Vaccines and where Covid came from . Some people here will believe everything they say. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Lets ask the Chinese people what they think of it, without a gun to their head.

I see Japanese,  and other Asians, maybe some Thias trying to get anything  other than Sinovac at the vaccine distribution program sites.  Must be subpar

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Sinovac does seem to provide much less Covid protection than the mRNA vaccines (I'm not sure that AZ is all that much better than Sinovac). That said, I opted for Sinovac because I have a vestibular disorder and Pfizer and Moderna were causing problems, some severe, with people with my condition. 

You at least took a considered opinion about what was best for you. Hopefully as more data becomes available you will be able to continue to access vaccines that are suitable for your particular medical comorbidities. One small quibble, is that AZ has demonstrably higher efficacy in real world studies. That however does NOT negate from the possibility that an vaccine such as Sinovac might well be optimal for some sub-populations. I wish you well.

Sinovac is safe, efficacious and they guarantee its quality.

They added that the Chinese authorities are following the latest variant news closely and pointed to a favorable study conducted in Chile last month.

They said that some people and some organisations in Thailand were denigrating Sinovac without any good reason.

Low quality vaccine from a very low quality chinese dictatorial government

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ginner said:

There is an independent report which states the Sinovac is the safest of all vaccines in use and has the least side affects. No the report wasn't from the WHO.

Uh huh.

Safest ever!

Only problem is you have to mix it with Astra Zeneca to make it work.

Edited by MrJ2U

34 minutes ago, rwill said:

At the highest price of all vaccines.  Perhaps it is fair to say it is not a low quality vaccine but just not as effective as the others.

The Chinese are savvy businessmen and would milk the market if they can. Sinovac is a relatively small private listed company and knows now is their time. Just in China there are a few more vaccines waiting for approval, and they are likely to have their own mRNA vaccine by the end of the year. Heaps more coming from other countries. As Moderna warned it is quite possible to have surplus of vaccines from early next year, so probably the prices would drop only to a few dollars for most of the vaccines.

https://www.africanews.com/2021/09/01/egypt-to-produce-1-billion-sinovac-vaccines-a-year/

Egypt is gearing to produce 1 billion Sinovac vaccines per year,  the flood of vaccines is coming and I won't be surprised if they become the cheapest vaccine trying to undercut the rest to stay competitive.

This is just another case of Southeast Asia getting caught in the middle between the US and its perceived enemy.  Yes, the Chinese vaccines have a reported lower efficacy of around 60%.  This is the norm for a vaccine of this nature.  But is it worse than the mRNA vaccines? Depends on how you want to look at it. Fewer reported side effects.  It's proven technology as it is same technology for flu and other older vaccines. I like that.

Now the mRNA vaccines? Listened to a doctor's spiel on them the other day. They ate straight out telling you mRNA vaccines are untested. NO ONE knows what the long term effects on our bodies will be.  So far early research studies are citing everything from increased risk of heart disease to a permanent alteration to our innate immune systems that could make it harder for our bodies to fight off future infections.  I did not know this, but if you've had an mRNA vaccine, you can sign up for a 10-year research program to study and document any long term side effects.  That's nice to know.

What about efficacy? A report out of the UK this past week says that it is likely up to 50% of full vaccinated people will catch COVID.  Israel published an article that said 60%of those hospitalised there are fully vaccinated. In the US, 2 outbreaks 8n hospitals in San Fransisco report 77% of the cases were full vaccinated.  The initial results of the mRNA vaccines was an efficacy of around 95%.  However, real world reports are now suggesting the actual efficacy y is around 60%.  Looks a little bit like the efficacy rate of the Chinese vaccines.

But the kicker is, most of the world has yet to have one dose of any vaccine.  Canada, Ireland, and UK have the highest rate of vaccinated,  but in the past few weeks new COVID cases are rising, as are deaths and hospitalizations. In the UK something like 20% of symptimatic new cases are fully vaccinated.  We won't talk about the US. That has led to a problem... the US, Israel, and UK are all buying up doses to start a third round of shots this fall. Canada and some European countries thinking about it too, as from all indications we may be needing ongoing boosters every 8/9 months for years to come.

Which brings us back to China.  Their vaccine is easy to make. It's available, they are willing to share it at minimal cost, sometimes no cost, and countries in Africa, Southeast Asia and Latin America need them because with the West buying up everything before it's even made you need to look at the alternatives.  And as growing number of medical journal news reports areshowing, the Chinese vaccines are a good alternative. 

But wait... oh yeah.  The US has lost it's way over here. So let's spread a few untruths and get the US vaccines here. So far, the only people suffering from this policy of US intervention are the Thai people.  Just like in the good old 50s, 60s,and 70s, little nations are going to pay the cost of the bullying practises of more powerful nations.

• Thanks 2

there is no harm in taking sinovac while you wait for a better vaccine, a 50% effectiveness is still better then none, twisted rationality of denial all yall like, the truth will always be the truth even if no one believes it.

Their vaccine is approved by WHO and has passed human trials according to strict Thai FDA guidelines.

strict Thai FDA guidelines  (not to mention the brwo envelopes) ..... what can I say  ROFL 555 ROFL 555 .....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

This is just another case of Southeast Asia getting caught in the middle between the US and its perceived enemy.  Yes, the Chinese vaccines have a reported lower efficacy of around 60%.  This is the norm for a vaccine of this nature.  But is it worse than the mRNA vaccines? Depends on how you want to look at it. Fewer reported side effects.  It's proven technology as it is same technology for flu and other older vaccines. I like that.

Now the mRNA vaccines? Listened to a doctor's spiel on them the other day. They ate straight out telling you mRNA vaccines are untested. NO ONE knows what the long term effects on our bodies will be.  So far early research studies are citing everything from increased risk of heart disease to a permanent alteration to our innate immune systems that could make it harder for our bodies to fight off future infections.  I did not know this, but if you've had an mRNA vaccine, you can sign up for a 10-year research program to study and document any long term side effects.  That's nice to know.

What about efficacy? A report out of the UK this past week says that it is likely up to 50% of full vaccinated people will catch COVID.  Israel published an article that said 60%of those hospitalised there are fully vaccinated. In the US, 2 outbreaks 8n hospitals in San Fransisco report 77% of the cases were full vaccinated.  The initial results of the mRNA vaccines was an efficacy of around 95%.  However, real world reports are now suggesting the actual efficacy y is around 60%.  Looks a little bit like the efficacy rate of the Chinese vaccines.

But the kicker is, most of the world has yet to have one dose of any vaccine.  Canada, Ireland, and UK have the highest rate of vaccinated,  but in the past few weeks new COVID cases are rising, as are deaths and hospitalizations. In the UK something like 20% of symptimatic new cases are fully vaccinated.  We won't talk about the US. That has led to a problem... the US, Israel, and UK are all buying up doses to start a third round of shots this fall. Canada and some European countries thinking about it too, as from all indications we may be needing ongoing boosters every 8/9 months for years to come.

Which brings us back to China.  Their vaccine is easy to make. It's available, they are willing to share it at minimal cost, sometimes no cost, and countries in Africa, Southeast Asia and Latin America need them because with the West buying up everything before it's even made you need to look at the alternatives.  And as growing number of medical journal news reports areshowing, the Chinese vaccines are a good alternative. 

But wait... oh yeah.  The US has lost it's way over here. So let's spread a few untruths and get the US vaccines here. So far, the only people suffering from this policy of US intervention are the Thai people.  Just like in the good old 50s, 60s,and 70s, little nations are going to pay the cost of the bullying practises of more powerful nations.

So it sounds like you are convinced their is no long term damage to anyone vaccinated with China Vaccines. Can I borrow the time machine you have?

1 hour ago, Ginner said:

There is an independent report which states the Sinovac is the safest of all vaccines in use and has the least side affects. No the report wasn't from the WHO.

My own independent report is that English Breakfast Tea is safer than any of the vaccines in use and has no side effects, other than a desire for a second cup. And so far it has been more effective against covid than Sinovax, which I haven't had of course..

• Haha 1

Just now, club said:

So it sounds like you are convinced their is no long term damage to anyone vaccinated with China Vaccines. Can I borrow the time machine you have?

Also I notice most the people here on this site defending China Vaccines have been jabbed with them. Of course you are going to try and justify why you picked this very weak Vaccine that weakens every 40 days. You will be getting Pfizer boosters every 4 months. Good luck with that

• Haha 1

Just now, Mario Cosmopolite said:

My own independent report is that English Breakfast Tea is safer than any of the vaccines in use and has no side effects, other than a desire for a second cup. And so far it has been more effective against covid than Sinovax, which I haven't had of course..

Utter tripe.

Whilst tea is delicious and healthy, it does not have any specific benefits relating to Covid19.  Sinovax is a proven vaccine against Covid19, but like the others is less effective against the Delta variant.

You have not had Covid19 because you have been lucky enough not to be sufficiently exposed to the virus to become infected.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1