Former deputy attorney-general committed disciplinary violation in Red Bull heir’s hit-and-run case

webfact

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

One of the biggest scandals in Thailand in recent years, and all they can recommend is delaying his pension and promotion for two years !

I know the ruling is "not final", but hard to see the Prosecution Commission over ruling it.

And all this took a year !

Shows the true face of the corrupt Thai judicial system !

As if we needed another proof!

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Of course Questions that where not put to him or answered for the general public and probably never will be : How much to you earn?, how much in yours and families bank accounts?, how many high end cars do you own?, how many luxurious houses do you own? and last but not least, How many times have you committed corruption?  :coffee1:

OH the money is my wife

the house my uncle owns

the high end cars are garaged for the widow of a friend

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nip said:

You clearly lost your thought of train. The wall of conspiratorial corruption in Thailand is inpenetrable these slugs are so stupid they don't realise just how stupid they are. 

I am not criticising, but i thought the saying was "train of thought"

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

Hasn't the AG got a nickname, like Honest John? Then he can honestly deny any knowledge of the sudden wealth in his bank account.

I was Trying to think of a name for him but with a name like (nate) Nuksuk, I didn't want the moderators to suspend me :cheesy:

This was NOT honest, and this was a huge degree of malfeasance, not a mild mistake. It is all about enforcing the status quo, the continued refusal to go after the super rich, and an astonishing bit of corruption. 

Likely the reason Interpol ignored the red notice, if it was ever even requested, which many of us doubt. Sorry to inform you, Prayuth. But when you run a nation built upon a foundation that only protects the elite, the super wealthy, those that are well connected, those in power, the corrupt amongst the police, immigration and customs, and a spectacularly corrupt army, and then you reach out to nations that observe the rules of law and order for help, you get ignored, scorned, and ridiculed. Nobody is listening to you these days, much less Interpol. You are NOT a serious man. 98% of Thailand knows this, and most of the world does too. 7 years has proven that time and time again.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

recommended that he be deprived of pension and promotions for two years and should not be appointed as a senior prosecutor.

Excellent, as if a man of his means will feel the loss of a few thousand baht. He must have made a lot more in, how do we say, graft and kickbacks.....................

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Card said:

So why don't u get evidence and have him prosecuted? It is the "do nothings" that perpetuates corruption. Either that or stop whining.

If he were to do that it is very unlikely that the corrupt official would be prosecuted.

It is very likely that his visa extension will be refused.

That is reality.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Almer said:

I am not criticising, but i thought the saying was "train of thought"

It of course is Train of Thought saying Thought of Train was a subtle implication of confusion. 

Edited by Nip

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Lucky that he didn´t do something that would be considered a big fault.

Yes, and as he is the Deputy Attorney General postponing any promotion for two years will hardly be a hardship -- assuming the Attorney General is in good health and not likely to retire -- and two years' pension payments being withheld won't be any punishment due to the Red Bull back-hander he received!

And  the Prosecution Commission still has to debate and consider the case!

But the biggest betrayal of his position is that his colleagues and the government and the people know he took a bribe!

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

If he were to do that it is very unlikely that the corrupt official would be prosecuted.

It is very likely that his visa extension will be refused.

That is reality.

They would only refuse if he was still breathing, therefore it's unlikely he would need an extension. 

I LOVE IT. 

All this just so the time can go by. He got a mild disciplinary......... 

It took them 1 year to punish him with nothing. And now it's going to take 1 year for next guy and it will continue until the case is prescribed 

2 hours ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

Yes, and as he is the Deputy Attorney General postponing any promotion for two years will hardly be a hardship -- assuming the Attorney General is in good health and not likely to retire -- and two years' pension payments being withheld won't be any punishment due to the Red Bull back-hander he received!

And  the Prosecution Commission still has to debate and consider the case!

But the biggest betrayal of his position is that his colleagues and the government and the people know he took a bribe!

Yes, and the best thing is that we do not really know how the rule will really work and what effect it will have. Considering this is Thailand, it would not surprise me that if he would choose to work two year after retirement age, the whole thing would be done and over with. Something that in reality could mean he actually will be payed more money during the two years. ????????

Easy to identify and fix!

Have every government official  (including politicians) declare all their assets, investments, interests and tax returns (if any) for the period they have been in government positions.

Once all on record investigate at random samples of various similar government positions held. 

Using Big Data Mining and Analytics you can observe trends and earning vs asset patterns of government officials. 

The investigators required would have to be commissioned internationally and with subpoena power to obtain evidence and where required issue criminal indictments.  

You can't have Ceaser investigating Caesar.   

As they say follow the money! 

But of course never going to happen here as certain time honoured practices are a traditional way of life.

4 minutes ago, berrec said:

Easy to identify and fix!

Have every government official  (including politicians) declare all their assets, investments, interests and tax returns (if any) for the period they have been in government positions.

Once all on record investigate at random samples of various similar government positions held. 

Using Big Data Mining and Analytics you can observe trends and earning vs asset patterns of government officials. 

The investigators required would have to be commissioned internationally and with subpoena power to obtain evidence and where required issue criminal indictments.  

You can't have Ceaser investigating Caesar.   

As they say follow the money! 

But of course never going to happen here as certain time honoured practices are a traditional way of life.

Your final paragraph says it all, you could have saved your energy and just typed that ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

One of the biggest scandals in Thailand in recent years, and all they can recommend is delaying his pension and promotion for two years !

I know the ruling is "not final", but hard to see the Prosecution Commission over ruling it.

And all this took a year !

Shows the true face of the corrupt Thai judicial system !

One policeman dead.  A tragedy, for sure. Thousands dead because of inept or even worse (I think everyone here knows what I am alluding to) is a scandal in an entirely different league.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This was NOT honest, and this was a huge degree of malfeasance, not a mild mistake. It is all about enforcing the status quo, the continued refusal to go after the super rich, and an astonishing bit of corruption. 

Likely the reason Interpol ignored the red notice, if it was ever even requested, which many of us doubt. Sorry to inform you, Prayuth. But when you run a nation built upon a foundation that only protects the elite, the super wealthy, those that are well connected, those in power, the corrupt amongst the police, immigration and customs, and a spectacularly corrupt army, and then you reach out to nations that observe the rules of law and order for help, you get ignored, scorned, and ridiculed. Nobody is listening to you these days, much less Interpol. You are NOT a serious man. 98% of Thailand knows this, and most of the world does too. 7 years has proven that time and time again.

Know that China is definitely listening.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, smi11ie said:

I wasn't expecting it.  It only happened once to me and now I avoid going there.  I found out afterwards that it is commonplace there.

I'd have done the same - why subject yourself to the reprisals you'll face as an immigrant filing charges against a Thai official? Especially when the official would just get transferred to another office to continue the same practice. Easy for someone else to tell you what you should have done, but let's see them do it and face whatever unknown retribution is coming.

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Or when the PM tried his hand at geopolitics when he met with the Myanmar military coupe leader and came away from the meeting recommending he should be left to make his own decisions for his country. One of the many times Prayut brought a smile to my face. Maybe that's why Thailand is the land of smiles - it's a reaction to the ridiculous happenings that seem to perpetuate????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pomchop said:

So another filthy rich criminal does the crime but not the time.  Sounds like USA.

white collar crime is all the rage, the whole world over. I thought the mafia/oligarchy of Russia was a better example to your point, but any country is an example to your point, really

6 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

Or when the PM tried his hand at geopolitics when he met with the Myanmar military coupe leader and came away from the meeting recommending he should be left to make his own decisions for his country. One of the many times Prayut brought a smile to my face. Maybe that's why Thailand is the land of smiles - it's a reaction to the ridiculous happenings that seem to perpetuate????

Well one military "person" speaking with another, both of whom have risen to the top over other detritus, you expected something different?

Wonder if the bags of sapphires were declared ?? (my cynical mind)

12 hours ago, pomchop said:

So another filthy rich criminal does the crime but not the time.  Sounds like USA.

The major difference in the US, is not necessarily judicial corruption, as much as it is the ability to afford a legal team, that can cast doubt on the degree of guilt. That can certainly be looked upon as a form of corruption, and the need to reform the system. But, at least in the US there is a chance of the guilty party being arrested. Maybe.

But not with regard to mafia bankers like Jamie Dimon, and his ilk. They are above any and all laws. Too big to fail, remember? 

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Well one military "person" speaking with another, both of whom have risen to the top over other detritus, you expected something different?

Wonder if the bags of sapphires were declared ?? (my cynical mind)

It is likely, that anytime Prayuth meets with a foreign leader, he is outclassed by 70 IQ points. Which leaves him utterly lost.