Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

7 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Where did you find this app? I'm not seeing it on Google play under the name "Thai save Thai".

You need a Thailand-based Google account, just create one if you don't already have one.

I did not register - no need to as far as I can tell until closer to 1 Oct.

Screenshot (Sep 6, 2021 11_05_08).png

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poskat said:

So without any real data that indicates that the current policy has not worked, they just switch to another one.

this just switches businesses from being shut to shutting out most people from going to them

this is the worst choice they could have made for businesses.

they will have to pay all the costs associated with being open with a very limited portion of the population allowed to go to them.

Like so many regulations, and even laws, and given the national trait of ignoring those that "don't apply to me", these too will be ignored, if they are not flip-flopped by the week's end.

1 hour ago, jimky said:

It is already over 15 percent fully vaxed and nearing 25 percent more single vax. By the time October 1 comes around should be around 40 percent fully vaccinated.

13.71% fully vaccinated, 34.85% one dose, as of today. Or to put it another way 86.29% not vaccinated. Unless you're fully vaccinated, you're not vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

13%  now I believe goi g by latest data.  Jabbing away at a rate of knots. At current rates predicted to have 70% of population fully vaccinated by mid December

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

Even with the much better rollout statistics in the last week, and possibility of getting 70% fully vaccinated by "mid December", why not wait until we've achieved that milestone?

There is an insane belief that Thailand is on a par with countries that have high vaccination percentages. It is not. Not even close yet.

2 minutes ago, samtam said:

13.71% fully vaccinated, 34.85% one dose, as of today. Or to put it another way 86.29% not vaccinated. Unless you're fully vaccinated, you're not vaccinated.

And most with a <deleted> less than ideal vaccine, which the government says will require a 3rd shot booster.

• Like 1

"Customers can expect to continue to have to experience social distancing, more cashless payment..."

That's concerning to me. In 12 years visiting I've never used a card to pay at a bar or restaurant.

While I have a Thai card, imposing that on tourists could also be a  huge problem having to pay on foreign card everytime 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You need a Thailand-based Google account, just create one if you don't already have one.

I did not register - no need to as far as I can tell until closer to 1 Oct.

Screenshot (Sep 6, 2021 11_05_08).png

Thanks for the info!!! I'll wait to download this as there is always a chance this plan will be scraped tomorrow... 555

• Haha 1

This is the future

Many countries are now trying to come up with a way of protecting staff, where that be hospitals, restaurants, concerts or sporting events.

Where we are we must show an QR code to enter the mall, so this sort of thing is coming worldwide.

Paying for something electronic is unfortunately the way forward,

like it or lump people, complain about it, but get on with it.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, samtam said:

Like so many regulations, and even laws, and given the national trait of ignoring those that "don't apply to me", these too will be ignored, if they are not flip-flopped by the week's end.

Even with the much better rollout statistics in the last week, and possibility of getting 70% fully vaccinated by "mid December", why not wait until we've achieved that milestone?

There is an insane belief that Thailand is on a par with countries that have high vaccination percentages. It is not. Not even close yet.

Phuket being a fine example with 1500+ cases a week and hospitals at over 80% capacity 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Yet another Thai-<deleted>-app?  If it in fact works (which is highly unlikely), Thai national ID ONLY which excludes a lot of foreigners with money to burn (like me) living in Thailand. The name of  this racist app is even non-inclusive. And how will it apply to tourists how obviously don't have a Thai national ID?

It does not ask for a Thai ID. It does not even ask for passport number. You give an email OR a phone number to register.

I will say two things about it though a) even if you chose English language option there still stuff in Thai which would make it unusable for anyone who cannot read basic Thai b) its seems a tad complicated for it to be able to work. Would have been better with tracking so you did not have to enter any details.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

I challenge anyone Thai or Farang to pronounce his name 

Yep there seems to be a rogue letter added in, its easier as .....

Wattana ying charoen chai

Edited by Whale
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bolt said:

This is the future

Many countries are now trying to come up with a way of protecting staff, where that be hospitals, restaurants, concerts or sporting events.

Where we are we must show an QR code to enter the mall, so this sort of thing is coming worldwide.

Paying for something electronic is unfortunately the way forward,

like it or lump people, complain about it, but get on with it.

Fine, but vaccinate people FIRST. Apply the electronic devices after that. Cart before horse an' all. 

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Whale said:

It does not ask for a Thai ID. It does not even ask for passport number.

Perhaps it a WIP and these features of Thai ID and/or passport number are yet to come. We have all seen/suffered how they do their software testing in the PROD environment...

34 minutes ago, Whale said:

(...)

I will say two things about it though a) even if you chose English language option there still stuff in Thai which would make it unusable for anyone who cannot read basic Thai b) its seems a tad complicated for it to be able to work. Would have been better with tracking so you did not have to enter any details.

So, either we will have to download an obscure app, which is mostly in Thai, handing our phone to restaurant staff to read the information, or carry a paper document in the pocket all the time, which will, eventually, be torn and unreadable...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

52 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

"Customers can expect to continue to have to experience social distancing, more cashless payment..."

That's concerning to me. In 12 years visiting I've never used a card to pay at a bar or restaurant.

While I have a Thai card, imposing that on tourists could also be a  huge problem having to pay on foreign card everytime 

Same here. No cash, no trade. - Will be interesting if one get's ready to pay, and can only pay cash...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

Crikey, the government must really hate restaurants and restaurant owners/staff here to want them to fail so much.

Maybe the government is waiting for trainloads of brown envelopes from the business sector.

27 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

So, either we will have to download an obscure app, which is mostly in Thai, handing our phone to restaurant staff to read the information, or carry a paper document in the pocket all the time, which will, eventually, be torn and unreadable...

Might be able to get your forehead tatted!

It is just being talked about, and won't happen this month, if ever. Don't panic Corporal Jones. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Where is that. Never come up against that.

its already in Thailand and other countries right now, perhaps its not enforced but the procedure is there.

In thailand the current apps are, Morchana, ThailandPlus MorProm app, as an example more and more apps will have this QR code which will show Green meaning approved. other colours for NOT approved. 

Edited by bolt

56 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Google "MADERNA" ????

Wasn't quite convincing. She's now enjoying her Hawaiian vacation in the slammer.

im-394389.jpg

One of many. Including the couple who tried it to enter Thailand and are now blacklisted .

I'm in Europe now. Been in several countries and have had our vaccine cards checked many times.

42 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Same here. No cash, no trade. - Will be interesting if one get's ready to pay, and can only pay cash...

From a health point of view, you must agree contactless payments are way better than passing cash from one person to another.

I really don’t want to touch cash now, contactless all the way

I remember being in Egypt and that money was disgusting to touch, it absolutely Stunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

(...) I'm in Europe now. Been in several countries and have had our vaccine cards checked many times.

Easy in Europe, if you got vaccinated there. But I wonder, whether they will accept my Thailand vaccination Q-code abroad, e.g. in Australia, Europe, or other parts of Asia...

• Haha 1