Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

Just now, Will B Good said:

Which is wonderful for the individuals that are vaccinated, but does very little to help, on a macroscopic scale, the spread of the virus.

well it'll limit the spread down  to restaurants, cinemas and airlines...  so easier to track and corral them in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dadadede said:

a bit OT , but locally produced AZ is recognized in some European countries (FR,DE) and in the process to be recognized by EMA and WHO (source - AZ website and FR/DE embassy).

If France, the India AZ (used in Thailand) is not recognized, at least in last July.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I doubt anyone will pay attention whatsoever to all of this.

Businesses are desperate.

Any bit of paper waved in their face will get you a seat in a restaurant  

So long as the waved paper has certain images and numbers on it, or customers wave a piece of plastic with a chip in it.

It's almost as if these 'authorities' are trying to be the butt of jokes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's pretty obvious they were saving face by announcing the relaxation of measures but the reality is such that they cannot do so without exacerbating the situation and seeing the numbers spiral out of control.

I have repeatedly stated here that this premature opening up will be another of their major mismanagement decisions; to be filed with allowing Songkran travel, visiting hi-so sex clubs in Burma and Thong Lor in Bangkok, and lousy and questionable vaccine procurement. 

Remember, over 20,000 cases yesterday from official and ATK results with minimal testing being done.

Yes its too early but the government is between a rock and a hard place. They are hugely unpopular and businesses and people are suffering. So they need to open up. But like you said there are far too many cases to do so. So they do something that is impractical to act as if they are doing something. Just window dressing.

If this virus stays long enough it will be the ultimate downfall of Prayut something the opposition could not do. Ironic. Something goods then at least comes from this mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes its too early but the government is between a rock and a hard place. They are hugely unpopular and businesses and people are suffering. So they need to open up. But like you said there are far too many cases to do so. So they do something that is impractical to act as if they are doing something. Just window dressing.

If this virus stays long enough it will be the ultimate downfall of Prayut something the opposition could not do. Ironic. Something goods then at least comes from this mess.

The only thing putting me off that scenario is "better the devil you know?"

I have this awful feeling we might see Thamanat in power one day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does a metal spoon stick to it also....

I tried that 5 baht coin trick and it did stick. BUT - it also stick on the other arm where I did not get the shot. And it did stick on a person who got no vaccine at all... That was for response to an antivaxer. But after he came back and started his theories about how when 5G transmitters are turned on all vaccinated people will die I lost hope and put him on ignore list... That same nut case led group of his "followers" to storm national TV HQ because TV would not give them air time to spread their "truth" about pandemic...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Yet another Thai-<deleted>-app?  If it in fact works (which is highly unlikely), Thai national ID ONLY which excludes a lot of foreigners with money to burn (like me) living in Thailand. The name of  this racist app is even non-inclusive. And how will it apply to tourists how obviously don't have a Thai national ID?

I don't see a requirement for a Thai ID - the terms and conditions which you agree to have short section in English then jump to pages and page all in Thai - on the Register People screen, but I'm only looking at the first screen.

Screenshot (Sep 6, 2021 10_42_07).png

1 hour ago, smedly said:

also, not everyone has a smartphone

Yea but is their choice and their problem. I mean not having a smart phone is a choice. There are cheap smart phones available. 

But it might be problematic for poor farmers (but they probably don't go tot restaurants that would check things) but any foreigner not owning one is a bit strange in these days. Though I know of some hold outs but then its their choice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bobandyson said:

No, but I can pick up Radio Luxembourg on a clear day.

Is that standing on one foot with your finger pointed in the air?  The vaccine booster should help with bringing it in clearer, just need to smack yourself once or twice, like we used to do with the TV's.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I don't see a requirement for a Thai ID - the terms and conditions which you agree to have short section in English then jump to pages and page all in Thai - on the Register People screen, but I'm only looking at the first screen.

Screenshot (Sep 6, 2021 10_42_07).png

Where did you find this app? I'm not seeing it on Google play under the name "Thai save Thai".

• Like 1