Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

3 hours ago, bbko said:

"at restaurants in deep red zones

Is there a new classification of zones? Orange, Red, Dark Red, Deep Red?

Deep Purple , Deep S** t ,  6 feet Deep under,  Its where all restaurants and the economy is headed..

Edited by redwood1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

IMO won't happen here. Time will tell.

In an hour going to fortune town for lunch. In future if that requires apps or whatever I simply will skip it. 

Many open air restaurants in my vicinity. 

This is just another bs announcement. 

Perhaps in the near future restaurant staff will just decline foreigners entry to restaurants: "Foreigner cannot! Too many problems with vaccination check..."

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

The authorities just don’t seem to understand that vaccination is no guarantee whatsoever  of a Covid free environment, Covid free personnel, or Covid free customers. Vaccines are not primarily designed to stop someone catching Covid, although it is a necessary by product that 50% efficacy is required for approval. Vaccines are designed to stop serious illness.

just as the temperature bleep machines at most shopping outlets achieve next to nothing because of the number of asymptomatic cases, so a vaccination certificate will not achieve a Covid free customer or environment. Hence only recently the Covid czar was musing about learning to live with Covid.

this is another blind alley just like the hunt for unicorn foreign tourists.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I envisage a flourishing industry of fake vax certificates flooding the markets already (among others)...

How can you fake the QR code ? it takes you to the database with your information,  Well at least mine does.

They would never be able to enforce these stupid protocols. 

This yet another whacky scheme that makes no sense, especially if you consider that vaccinated people can still spread and contract covid - so what is the point?

A real “shot in the arm” for malls and restaurants…????????????

I’ll bet these business owners will enjoy mulling over how many fewer customers they would have under such a ridiculous plan. 

5 minutes ago, thaitom said:

How can you fake the QR code ? it takes you to the database with your information,  Well at least mine does.

And then the waitress is going to crosscheck that information with your passport details and then check the passport photo is really you? Ain't going to happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

in a country were only 10% of the population are properly vaxed

just more astounding stupidity

Now 3 months after the initial vaccine roll out, more and more people will start getting fully vaccinated. By the end of

4 hours ago, smedly said:

in a country were only 10% of the population are properly vaxed

just more astounding stupidity

September they may reach the 25 or 30% mark. I just got my second AZ jab at Phyathai2 hospital today.

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Google "MADERNA" ????

Wasn't quite convincing. She's now enjoying her Hawaiian vacation in the slammer.

im-394389.jpg

You get what you pay for I guess…I’m sure there are better quality versions out there to be had.

If not, there will be shortly…

20 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

It seems this is for restaurants in deep red zones. On the assumption that the Covid situation is improving and will continue to improve, presumably  deep red zones will eventually become red, then orange and so on. Maybe by October there will be no deep red zones?

Exactly the point I made earlier.    But can anyone remember the requirement to move back from deep-red to just red?

39 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The authorities just don’t seem to understand that vaccination is no guarantee whatsoever  of a Covid free environment, Covid free personnel, or Covid free customers. Vaccines are not primarily designed to stop someone catching Covid, although it is a necessary by product that 50% efficacy is required for approval. Vaccines are designed to stop serious illness.

just as the temperature bleep machines at most shopping outlets achieve next to nothing because of the number of asymptomatic cases, so a vaccination certificate will not achieve a Covid free customer or environment. Hence only recently the Covid czar was musing about learning to live with Covid.

this is another blind alley just like the hunt for unicorn foreign tourists.

Absolutely and this is exactly why I believe an impending economic and political disaster of massive proportions is heading Thailand's way. 

I already think we are past the tipping point and the government now cannot avoid it. We shall see forsooth. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 1

This will be introduced. As with many other legal requirements in Thailand, it will not be enforced, or only for a very brief period of time. However government will be able to say "it's not our fault if people break the rules". And from time to time, the authorities will raid some hapless restaurant and fine staff and patrons for breaking the law. 

22 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

And then the waitress is going to crosscheck that information with your passport details and then check the passport photo is really you? Ain't going to happen.

Hmmm... I asked how a QR code that opens a database with your information can be faked as you said.  Why the waitress ? A doorman could do this job.  Just like in the west going to a nightclub.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaitom said:

Hmmm... I asked how a QR code that opens a database with your information can be faked as you said.  Why the waitress ? A doorman could do this job.  Just like in the west going to a nightclub.  

Pretty Thai waitress or I am not going in.

Just now, Bundooman said:

Well, it works two ways.

On entry to the restaurant, when the restaurant demands to see your vaccine credentials, demand to see theirs at the same time; The owner's, waitresses, cleaners and the chef's vaccine documentation.

Then is the time to produce yours!

How do they know it is your certificate though? You will have to carry your passport to crosscheck ???